87 replies to this topic

#81 Teddy Malone

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Member No.: 3567

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

View Post5-4-3 DP, on 25 May 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

After looking on here something has to be said for the Wapakoneta program. According to the news they are making their 3rd straight regional appearance and 4th in 5 years. That seems pretty impressive.

I knew it was 3 in a row but didn't remember a 4th in there. I remember reading the WBL capsule previews just a few weeks ago and I think Wapak had 2 letterwinners from last year? Never would have thought that would happen.

#82 Redskin72

All League

• Members
  • 80 posts

Member No.: 9578

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:42 AM

Yep only 2 players back from last year, P Chace Culver and 1B Chandler Kaeck. Truly amazing year for the redskins. They just keep battling and battling. Hope they keep it going.
Teddy, I believe 2010 is the 4th year in there. They lost to Defiance in regional final at Tiffin if my memory is correct.

#83 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

View PostRedskin72, on 26 May 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

Teddy, I believe 2010 is the 4th year in there. They lost to Defiance in regional final at Tiffin if my memory is correct.

Correct.

As for whether this season is disappointing for Defiance, it is. I understand most of the state will take this as a down year, and hell, so will I. It was still a good year, 23 wins, 2nd place in the league, district finalists is nothing to sneeze at. But the expectations are WBL title(not saying 9-0 is necessary, although with the streak going anything less would have been at least SLIGHTLY disappointing) and a trip to regionals. And personally, it's worse that we lost to BRYAN. As big as Defiance-Napoleon is in every other sport, Defiance-Bryan is THE big deal in baseball in this area of the state. To lose to them hurts. I would have much rather gotten to regionals and lost a 2nd time to Wapak.

Anyway, I'll move on and I'm confident the program will get back to its expected levels. If not, I'll still take this yearly. But coming off the run we had since 2007 and especially after state last year, this year was a little disappointing. It is what it is.

#84 Teddy Malone

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

View Postdhsdawg06, on 26 May 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Anyway, I'll move on and I'm confident the program will get back to its expected levels. If not, I'll still take this yearly. But coming off the run we had since 2007 and especially after state last year, this year was a little disappointing. It is what it is.

JVs finished 21-5, freshmen 19-4.

#85 dartmaster63

All District

• Members
  • 246 posts

Member No.: 6522

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:05 AM

View PostTeddy Malone, on 25 May 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

I knew it was 3 in a row but didn't remember a 4th in there. I remember reading the WBL capsule previews just a few weeks ago and I think Wapak had 2 letterwinners from last year? Never would have thought that would happen.
Coach Brandt and his staff have never received the props that they deserve.
Always second fiddle to Defiance in the league, they have done an amazing job of preparing the
team for the tourny every year.
The year they didn't win the districts, they came close losing 1-0.
Hats off to the Wapak players and coaching staff!
Go Skins!

#86 chestypuller

All League

• Members
  • 91 posts

Member No.: 6081

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

View Postdartmaster63, on 27 May 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

Coach Brandt and his staff have never received the props that they deserve.
Always second fiddle to Defiance in the league, they have done an amazing job of preparing the
team for the tourny every year.
The year they didn't win the districts, they came close losing 1-0.
Hats off to the Wapak players and coaching staff!
Go Skins!
Dart. I agree with all you have said, which is why I picked Wapakoneta highly in the preseason, despite have only the few returning letter-winners. Coach Brandt has done a tremendous job with that baseball program.

#87 Teddy Malone

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

Final
Bryan 3
Wapak 1

#88 5-4-3 DP

• Members
  • 11 posts

Member No.: 9645

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

I finally got to watch the replay of the game on WOSN and thought that the game seemed like an even matchup. It looked like the Bryan pitcher did a good job of keeping the Wapak hitters off balance, and that was the difference. I still have to commend the Redskins for making yet another Regional run. Also have to commend the WBL for being one of the most balanced that I have seen in years.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users