Shane Cavinee Resigns Head Coaching at Hardin Northern

99 replies to this topic

#81 holtz1080

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Member No.: 9068

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

Great to hear 28 kids have "committed" now, we shall see how this plays out when the parents have to make sure the kids are getting to lifting in the summer when it isn't before or after school. Why didnt the kids show up at all before this meeting, or last offseason. I heard everything from I didnt have a ride to nobody that drives goes. Sad day when the Sr's and Jr's arent going around a picking up the underclassmen to workout in the summer or anytime for that matter. As for the community support I bet if they would've charged 50 cents to get into the meeting 80% of that gym wouldve been empty. I'll say this if HN has to cancel games this year I want the parents of the 28 "verbal" commits to foot the bills, after all they are 100% on board now.

I dont understand why a JV team is such a bad idea, but what do I know Ive watched undersized HN teams for the last 2 years and they meaning no disrespect would have been in many a competative game at the JV level. We are not going to be beating up on anybody. I feel bad for the players, parents and others that have put in 100% into the program, that they have to go through this. Lets hope that things start to turn around but good luck finding a good coach with no teaching jobs available.

#82 snoopy

All League

• Members
  • 87 posts

Member No.: 3765

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

Heard HN has 13 applicants for head football coach, with some out of state applicants. Its got to start somewhere. Hopefully new coach with no ties to the area. Pete came in and built a dynasty, just hoping new coach can get us competitive for a start.

#83 ScoonieMac

• Members
  • 15 posts

Member No.: 6583

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

Been hearing the the numbers at weight lifting are back down to a slight few..The lack of dedication is just simply what is not at hardin northern anymore and it is really dissapointing to see that the upper classman show absolutly no leadership out there with getting the younger kids envolved with the football progam and as well as the weight lifitng. I no that basketball is a big reason why alot of kids dont lift, and i have never heard of any basketball players not working out at any school. All you have to do is look at college and pro athletes, your telling me that these basketball player dont work out. Look at aaron craft for ohio state, he is a great example i would put a million dollars on that this kid works his ass off in the weight room.

#84 Corleone

All State

• Members
  • 614 posts

Member No.: 824

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostScoonieMac, on 14 February 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

Look at aaron craft for ohio state, he is a great example i would put a million dollars on that this kid works his ass off in the weight room.
Good bet on your part. He does. He is a great example of not only having the talent, but also working hard to keep the edge.

#85 cropduster

All District

• Members
  • 269 posts

Member No.: 2687

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

Heard through the grapevine that they are trying lure Pete back, but I have my doubts about that. Its looking like more and more this is a 10 foot pole job.

#86 osufan512

All District

• Members
  • 416 posts

Member No.: 3727

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

View Postcropduster, on 16 February 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

Heard through the grapevine that they are trying lure Pete back, but I have my doubts about that. Its looking like more and more this is a 10 foot pole job.

I thought that was pretty evident when they only received 13 applicants for the position, and a few were from out of state, meaning they probably know little about the job and community. In today's market, head football coaching jobs lure anywhere from 40-100+ applicants in many cases. So 13, even for Hardin Northern I feel is pretty low. Maybe the right guy is in those 13 though. They haven't started acting on the job yet though from what I can tell.

Edited by osufan512, 16 February 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#87 polkhigh33

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Member No.: 5318

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

View Postosufan512, on 16 February 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

I thought that was pretty evident when they only received 13 applicants for the position, and a few were from out of state, meaning they probably know little about the job and community. In today's market, head football coaching jobs lure anywhere from 40-100+ applicants in many cases. So 13, even for Hardin Northern I feel is pretty low. Maybe the right guy is in those 13 though. They haven't started acting on the job yet though from what I can tell.

The said thing is I could probably name a majority of the list....there's a HUGE group of guys that apply for about every job in the state that comes up each year. You can pretty much just toss the resume in the garbage.
Always a watchful eyes on those Tiffin Calvert Senecas, Marion Local Flyers, Fort Loramie Redskins , New Albany Eagles.

#88 osufan512

All District

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

View Postpolkhigh33, on 16 February 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

The said thing is I could probably name a majority of the list....there's a HUGE group of guys that apply for about every job in the state that comes up each year. You can pretty much just toss the resume in the garbage.

Is this because these candidates are under qualified for the position or because they are interview junkies? Lol

#89 fightingpanther

All League

• Members
  • 76 posts

Member No.: 3326

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

I gave been hearing that a few of the bears will be heading north on 68 to A-town for football next year. Can anyone confirm?

#90 osufan512

All District

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

View Postfightingpanther, on 16 February 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

I gave been hearing that a few of the bears will be heading north on 68 to A-town for football next year. Can anyone confirm?

Go figure. That's the other tough thing that HN has going for it right now is the fact that in Hardin County you have both Ada and Kenton who have been really successful programs, especially recently and when your team can barely field a program. The Bears need someone to come in and not only excite the school but also the community about football again. This is what will keep people from moving to other local schools and will help reignite the team there in Dola.

#91 osufan512

All District

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

So has the HN administration began moving on this issue yet? Have they began to interview or form a committee to review applications yet. I figured being 9 days past the application deadline that someone from Dola would have been on here informing us of interviews/candidates by now. Still nothing. Not that HN is different from any of the other "local" schools with vacancy. As far as I know, I have heard nothing from the New Bremen or Versailles jobs either, and their postings were set to expire a few weeks ago I believe, and USV deadline isnt until sometime in March I think.

Personally, I would think these schools would want to get people in position as soon as possible so that they can get their program off the ground. I mean think of the Hardin Northern and New Bremen jobs specifically...that is an up hill battle and both teams are already coming off tough seasons. Personally I would think you would want to get a guy in place soon because you are already playing from behind as is.

#92 cropduster

All District

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Any news on this position being filled?

#93 DirtyPBear76

All District

• Members
  • 291 posts

Member No.: 3912

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

They are beginning interviews today I believe. Should have some news within the next week or two.

#94 HH75

All State

• Members
  • 839 posts

Member No.: 1295

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

Any news?

#95 DirtyPBear76

All District

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostHH75, on 27 March 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

Any news?

Heard they offered it to a guy outside of the school district. He is suppose to notify the school soon.

#96 cropduster

All District

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

I've heard that they're in a position much like Columbus Grove, back to square one. Mid-April and still no coach crunch time is approaching for this program that is much on life-support at this time.Give it to an in house candidate, play a jv schedule and be done with it.

#97 DirtyPBear76

All District

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

That would be to easy Cropster. Also HN would have freshmen leaving to play J.V. somewhere else because they want to play on a varsity team. . . . . . . . . HUH????? Exactly. . . . . . Doesn't make any sense.

#98 cropduster

All District

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostHH75, on 27 March 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

Any news?

News is not good, there won't be a team, with the guy they've picked, sounds like the whole system is screwed up....I can't believe it can't -it can't be!!!! The end is here pack up and go home.

#99 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

View Postcropduster, on 17 April 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

News is not good, there won't be a team, with the guy they've picked, sounds like the whole system is screwed up....I can't believe it can't -it can't be!!!! The end is here pack up and go home.
spill, dusty!!!!

:D
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#100 cropduster

All District

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

keith obenour

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users