105 replies to this topic

#21 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

View PostJonny B Good, on 04 February 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

LOL. R U serious. Ottoville and FJ would love to play the Kittys again. U R bias. speak from your head, not your heart.

Ottoville anf FJ would love to play the Kalida team they got on those nights. They wouldn't get that again. I'm an outsider, don't follow the PCL, and I have no idea what actually happened in those games. But I would pretty much guarantee that in a rematch you'd get a much more focused Kalida team that would win just every every time comfortably.

That said, Kalida fits for the answer to this thread. All the talent in the world doesn't matter if you don't show up ready to play.

#22 Green seagull 20

All League

• Members
  • 77 posts

Member No.: 9178

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

View Postdhsdawg06, on 05 February 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

Ottoville anf FJ would love to play the Kalida team they got on those nights. They wouldn't get that again. I'm an outsider, don't follow the PCL, and I have no idea what actually happened in those games. But I would pretty much guarantee that in a rematch you'd get a much more focused Kalida team that would win just every every time comfortably.

That said, Kalida fits for the answer to this thread. All the talent in the world doesn't matter if you don't show up ready to play.
Well put! But The way that the fort played in the game at kalida, they could sneak away another from kalida if they'd play again but it'd be unlikely

#23 dw629

All State

• Members
  • 827 posts

Member No.: 5046

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

View PostVictorian, on 04 February 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

Said that for years. I don't get the fascination.

In Putnam County Since 2004

Continental went to state twice
OG went to state twice
Kalida went to state
CG went to state

The thing that is fascinating is all of them come from the same district so they always knock each other out and 50% of the time the one team standing has gone on to state in the last 8 years (this is not counting the "big" PC school OG who has won a D2 and a D3 state title in that time).. How many times has DSJ been since 04? ZERO

Edited by dw629, 05 February 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#24 RWB 71

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Member No.: 414

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

dw...............Lady, you summed things up rather nicely.

#25 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

View Postdw629, on 05 February 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

OG went to state twice
Kalida went to state
CG went to state

The thing that is fascinating is all of them come from the same district so they always knock each other out and 50% of the time the one team standing has gone on to state in the last 8 years (this is not counting the "big" PC school OG who has won a D2 and a D3 state title in that time).. How many times has DSJ been since 04? ZERO

dw..........

.No one is talking about DSJ, but if you would have counted the 6 years before 04, you would have noticed that DSJ made 3 appearances with one championship which is more appearances at Cbus than any other school from the PCL.....why don't you go back to 98 and figure them up.......and by the way.....OG is not in the PCL so including them is a moot point!!!!!

#26 dkusma96

All State

• Members
  • 622 posts

Member No.: 5181

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

View Postflounder, on 05 February 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

OG is not in the PCL so including them is a moot point!!!!!

He did say Putnam County(geographiclocation) not PCL(athletic league)....so including them is accurate....

#27 Green seagull 20

All League

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

View Postdw629, on 05 February 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

OG went to state twice
Kalida went to state
CG went to state

Kalida/Jennings/Continental have all made it to regionals without going onto state a couple times since 04. Pandora made it once as well I think.

Year in and year out there usually a PCL playing late into march and if that's not impressive, regarding the league, I don't know what is.

#28 dw629

All State

• Members
  • 827 posts

Member No.: 5046

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

View Postflounder, on 05 February 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

dw..........

.No one is talking about DSJ, but if you would have counted the 6 years before 04, you would have noticed that DSJ made 3 appearances with one championship which is more appearances at Cbus than any other school from the PCL.....why don't you go back to 98 and figure them up.......and by the way.....OG is not in the PCL so including them is a moot point!!!!!

Back to 2000 when a village with 432 people in it Fort Jennings won state? DSJ is always one of the biggest schools in D4 and is pulling from a city of 7,000 naturally they will have more success or we wouldn't break our divisions down by enrollment. To come on here and try to act like PCL isn't a good conference is ludicrous especially when your school has done nothing to brag in over a decade.

#29 Green seagull 20

All League

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

View Postdw629, on 05 February 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

Back to 2000 when a village with 432 people in it Fort Jennings won state? DSJ is always one of the biggest schools in D4 and is pulling from a city of 7,000 naturally they will have more success or we wouldn't break our divisions down by enrollment. To come on here and try to act like PCL isn't a good conference is ludicrous especially when your school has done nothing to brag in over a decade.
Well put!

#30 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

View Postdhsdawg06, on 05 February 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

Well after the first time around, I believe both Ottoville/FJ have a lot of confidence that they can beat them. If you do follow the PCL, you would know that no matter how good a team is or how bad a team is, the records seem to not matter a whole lot as every game seems to be close. If you don't follow the PCL then how do you know either Ottoville/FJ wouldn't get that again? Even if you did follow the PCL you wouldn't know that. Welcome to what they call a rivalry in competitive sports. Anything can happen.
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#31 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

One team that comes to mind for me is Kalida. But I would say more of them underachieving so far and not being much of overrated. And what about Edgerton? I know they are undefeated yet at least I think so? But anyways I know this may trigger some people but does anyone think Edgerton might be a little overrated? To me it doesnt seem like they have played a great schedule to convince me that their undefeated record is legit. But I was just wondering what some think about this.

Edited by Mysterio, 07 February 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#32 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Member No.: 3612

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

View PostMysterio, on 07 February 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

One team that comes to mind for me is Kalida. But I would say more of them underachieving so far and not being much of overrated. And what about Edgerton? I know they are unbeated yet at least I think so? But anyways I know this may trigger some people but does anyone think Edgerton might be a little overrated? To me it doesnt seem like they have played a great schedule to convince me that their undefeated record is legit. But I was just wondering what some think about this.
Well they beat all in front of them. Thats not overrated. If they lose to a slouch or early in tourney then YES.
Follow me for scores and other sports news. www.twitter.com/kevinoberhaus

#33 ahsfan8415

All District

• Members
  • 298 posts

Member No.: 5596

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

Is Edgerton good? Yes. Do they deserve to be number four in the state? No. I personally dont think they play a tough enough schedule to be ranked that high.

#34 RealitySpeaks

All District

• Members
  • 209 posts

Member No.: 6121

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

View Postahsfan8415, on 07 February 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

Is Edgerton good? Yes. Do they deserve to be number four in the state? No. I personally dont think they play a tough enough schedule to be ranked that high.

Edgerton moved up to No. 3 this week in the state poll. Defiance also moved up to No. 3.

Don't mess with the Bulldogs of NW Ohio... either one of them!
That's just the Reality of it...

#35 ahsfan8415

All District

• Members
  • 298 posts

Member No.: 5596

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

I think Defiance is worth the hype, but I'm just not sold on Edgerton yet

#36 dkusma96

All State

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostMysterio, on 07 February 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

I know they are unbeated....

Unbeated? Seriously?

#37 SportsGranny

All District

• Members
  • 311 posts

Member No.: 5950

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

View Postdkusma96, on 07 February 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Unbeated? Seriously?

It's just a typing error - smile!!

#38 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

View Postdkusma96, on 07 February 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Unbeated? Seriously?

Seriously? Get a life kusma. Considering the fact that you knew what I meant, you have to point out a slight typo? Good riddance. I didn't know we were getting graded on spelling here. Everything according to you has to be perfect. I hope your headache went away now. Everyone check your spelling or you will hear from dkusma you better believe that. I believe you criticized someone else before about this. It's just a forum I'm pretty sure you will be ok when there are spelling errors and typos.

Edited by Mysterio, 07 February 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#39 dkusma96

All State

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostMysterio, on 07 February 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

Seriously? Get a life kusma. So I had a typo wouldn't be the first or the last. Considering the fact that you knew what I meant, you have to point out a slight typo? Good riddance. I didn't know we were getting graded on spelling here. Everything according to you has to be perfect. I hope your headache went away now. Everyone check your spelling or you will hear from dkusma you better believe that.

Typo? An 'n' is a stroke of the right hand and a 'd' is a stroke of the left hand. 'Unbeatem' is a typo. 'Unbeten' is a typo.

Could care less about spelling, but creating a word detracts from your argument. Thanks for the correction.

#40 Jonny B Good

All League

• Members
  • 28 posts

Member No.: 9155

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

View Postdkusma96, on 07 February 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Typo? An 'n' is a stroke of the right hand and a 'd' is a stroke of the left hand. 'Unbeatem' is a typo. 'Unbeten' is a typo.

Could care less about spelling, but creating a word detracts from your argument. Thanks for the correction.

still suffering from that emotional hangover concerning the play of your wlidcats. it will get better kusma. When baseball season gets here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users