Family-only crowds @ state/re

21 replies to this topic

#1 justin44

All State

• Members
  • 634 posts

Member No.: 3352

Posted 10 March 2020 - 06:57 PM

What a colossal over-reaction. Wow, not fair to these kids at all, playing a scrimmage atmosphere @ BG, & then maybe
Columbus. Over-reacting, just like stock market temporary speculators. Nobody is "pro-Chinese virus", but really unfair to these
kids , & their friends & classmates, forever. Are we going to outlaw coming-home celebration in gyms & homes also ?

#2 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Member No.: 9596

Posted 10 March 2020 - 09:17 PM

"No doubt, I would think in the United States of America that our government (and Ohio governor) and the OHSAA would trust school administrators and parents to make the right decision concerning their students/ children".

Falcon, if you trust Putnam County parents to make the right decision then you are living in a fantasy world. Per capita there's has to be more idiots in Putnam County than any other part of the world. Van Wert County may be a close second.

#3 Kennedy

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Member No.: 9212

Posted 11 March 2020 - 05:52 AM

I wonder what the restrictions will be for media... this is a shame.

#4 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:20 AM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 10 March 2020 - 11:22 PM, said:

The big problem I have with the OHSAA's statement is this:

PER OHSAA- “We are pleased that our tournaments can continue and we will soon determine who can attend. However, we can already say that it will most likely be no more than the immediate family of the student-athletes participating in the event.

The OHSAA has pulled an iron curtain across all HS basketball tournament games, Healthy American citizens who live in and support their local communities are not welcome.

And you can bet your paycheck that Jerry and his cronies will all be in attendance.......the state reps who receive tickets will also have their designers there. And some people wonder why I have been on the OHSAA all these years. This is the last nail in the coffin for high school sports. Soon you’ll be able to have the state tournaments at the local high school
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#5 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 11 March 2020 - 09:53 AM

All created by the fake news liberal press.....wake up America!!!!!

#6 Outspoken

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,187 posts

Member No.: 243

Posted 11 March 2020 - 04:05 PM

We live in a complete ** society. Over reaction to everything. Cancel school when it snows 2”. It is what it is. Soft society. My 2 dead grandfathers would be embarrassed. I’m embarrassed

#7 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 05:16 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 11 March 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

I agree with the first part, created by fake news sensationalist media.......not sure where the liberal part comes in. Mike DeWine is an idiot republican of the worst sort and is showing his true colors as a power hungry politician unilaterally canceling games at the HS, college and pro levels in Ohio. If I am a fan and want to attend an event, and by government edict can't attend, to me that is as well as cancelled.

The liberal part comes in as most media outlets support the liberal nation who in turn promote liberals......vicious cycle, but you are right falcon.......it isn't a liberal thing....also include the republicans.....all politicians are crooked...period...remember, Trump is a business man!!!!

#8 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 05:20 PM

View PostOutspoken, on 11 March 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

We live in a complete ** society. Over reaction to everything. Cancel school when it snows 2". It is what it is. Soft society. My 2 dead grandfathers would be embarrassed. I'm embarrassed

I am alive and a grandfather and am totally embarrassed how this nation has transformed into a bunch of pussies.....I feel very sorry for my grandchildren as this is not the America I grew up in....take a look at how the crooked politicians are slowly taking our rights away.....canceling games is just another way of losing some of our freedoms!!!!!

#9 Dr. Frasier Crane

All League

• Members
  • 38 posts

Member No.: 8563

Posted 11 March 2020 - 05:37 PM

View Postflounder, on 11 March 2020 - 05:20 PM, said:

I am alive and a grandfather and am totally embarrassed how this nation has transformed into a bunch of pussies.....I feel very sorry for my grandchildren as this is not the America I grew up in....take a look at how the crooked politicians are slowly taking our rights away.....canceling games is just another way of losing some of our freedoms!!!!!

Flounder... I actually have agreed with your last 3 posts. I totally agree about the freedoms being taken away. Our Governor has become a Democrat and a Republican in name only.

#10 Outspoken

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:49 AM

No Frasier, trust me, he’s a true blue Republican. Neat huh?

#11 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:49 AM

View PostDr. Frasier Crane, on 11 March 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

Flounder... I actually have agreed with your last 3 posts. I totally agree about the freedoms being taken away. Our Governor has become a Democrat and a Republican in name only.

Thanks Frazier!!!!!!

#12 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:55 AM

I really don't understand.....this board is loaded with viewers, yet not many participate in discussions.....110 viewers in past 15 minutes.....a real head scratcher.........replies are what makes these message boards great!!!!!!!

#13 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:25 AM

I'm just not liking the whole idea of limiting tickets to only 4 people of the student athlete. What if you have a larger family? I know if my kid was playing, I would be outraged if my whole family wasn't able to go. Just the whole idea, of not being able to go down there and support your school and perhaps see something that you may never get to again is not right. I mean are they going to feel the same way from here on out if someone gets the flu?
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#14 Kennedy

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Member No.: 9212

Posted 12 March 2020 - 02:33 PM

........and now it’s not happening at all.

#15 Outspoken

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:53 PM

Those two girls teams were out on the court warming up 20 minutes prior to game time. Their moms, dads and siblings took time off from work, drove to Columbus and got in their seats only to have the rug pulled out from underneath them. Almost cruel to an extent. Couldn’t they have made this decision last night at 10:00?

#16 moe_ szyslak

All District

• Members
  • 416 posts

Member No.: 4890

Posted 21 March 2020 - 09:25 AM

Everyone still think this is/was an overreaction?

#17 Dr. Frasier Crane

All League

• Members
  • 38 posts

Member No.: 8563

Posted 21 March 2020 - 09:53 AM

View Postmoe_ szyslak, on 21 March 2020 - 09:25 AM, said:

Everyone still think this is/was an overreaction?

Yes.

#18 nothalfbad

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Member No.: 5659

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:31 AM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 10 March 2020 - 09:17 PM, said:

"No doubt, I would think in the United States of America that our government (and Ohio governor) and the OHSAA would trust school administrators and parents to make the right decision concerning their students/ children".

Falcon, if you trust Putnam County parents to make the right decision then you are living in a fantasy world. Per capita there's has to be more idiots in Putnam County than any other part of the world. Van Wert County may be a close second.
What a horrible thing to say about parents in Putnam County. Sounds to me like you may be a little salty....

#19 FlightCrew

All State

• Members
  • 519 posts

Member No.: 9467

Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:49 PM

View Postnothalfbad, on 23 March 2020 - 11:31 AM, said:

What a horrible thing to say about parents in Putnam County. Sounds to me like you may be a little salty....
Especially considering there are still ZERO cases in PC.
This whole deal was a kneejerk reaction. The winter sports could have been wrapped up, albeit without fans. Governor even made statement that sports could continue without fans. (Back then...)

#20 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 03:05 PM

View PostFlightCrew, on 01 April 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

Especially considering there are still ZERO cases in PC.
This whole deal was a kneejerk reaction. The winter sports could have been wrapped up, albeit without fans. Governor even made statement that sports could continue without fans. (Back then...)

Putnam county has cases, just no one being tested!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users