For Slicer!!!!

19 replies to this topic

#1 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Has anyone else out in RC land been watching the series 'Breaking Bad'......and those who have....what do you think????......personally, I love this series...one of the best in a long time!!!!!!

#2 Colt45

All State

• Validating
  • 554 posts

Member No.: 9167

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

I love it too, I could watch a whole season in one day if I wanted to.

#3 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Member No.: 5013

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

It was great. I watched the whole series. I wish I hadnt so I could watch it again.

#4 PHSfan_1023

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Member No.: 4554

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

Probably, along with Mad Men, one of my favorite TV shows of all time. The way you can just see the progression of Walt's character into this horrible person is just incredible TV. I think they did as good a job as possible tying all the loose ends together, but part of me wishes they hadn't just so there'd be more new episodes.

#5 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:35 AM

Mad Men is great too. I think all us guys wish we were a little bit more like Don Draper

#6 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostPHSfan_1023, on 04 March 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

Probably, along with Mad Men, one of my favorite TV shows of all time. The way you can just see the progression of Walt's character into this horrible person is just incredible TV. I think they did as good a job as possible tying all the loose ends together, but part of me wishes they hadn't just so there'd be more new episodes.

PHS........

Great analysis......Jesse by far is my favorite character.....but it is just so interesting to watch Walt and his wife go back and forth....in the beginning I loved her, but as the show goes on, she is really just as bad as Walt........I also found my self pulling for Walt, Jesse and Mike as the bad guys trying to out fox the DEA!!!!!

#7 Mo-Problems

All State

• Members
  • 733 posts

Member No.: 3654

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Been watching it myself. Stalled halfway through the second season and haven't found the time to get back at it.
Posted Image
I'd rather shower at Penn State than root for Michigan.

#8 fortfan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Member No.: 3645

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

Havent seen either show. Sorry. (Hangs head in shame thinking my man card might be revoked because I don't watch these shows…..)

#9 PHSfan_1023

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

View Postfortfan, on 04 March 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Havent seen either show. Sorry. (Hangs head in shame thinking my man card might be revoked because I don't watch these shows…..)

It's OK. I ended up binge watching both shows to catch up so I was about 2 years behind everyone else until summer vacation last year.

Lepiota- Dead on. Despite all the crappy stuff he does, Don Draper might be the coolest male lead character on TV.

Flounder - I agree on the Jesse thing. Have you finished the entire series or are you still in the process of watching it?

#10 Mo-Problems

All State

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

This thread jump-started me. Halfway through the third season now.
Posted Image

#11 Mo-Problems

All State

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:25 AM

I want to get through "Breaking Bad' before the "Better Call Saul" prequel spinoff begins.
Posted Image

#12 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:33 AM

View PostPHSfan_1023, on 05 March 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

It's OK. I ended up binge watching both shows to catch up so I was about 2 years behind everyone else until summer vacation last year.

Lepiota- Dead on. Despite all the crappy stuff he does, Don Draper might be the coolest male lead character on TV.

Flounder - I agree on the Jesse thing. Have you finished the entire series or are you still in the process of watching it?

PHS.........

Finished watching it last night on Netflix.......62 total episodes and I watched them all in 2-3 weeks.......what a ending.....the thing I liked most about this series is that in every show, you never have a clue what is going to happen next......

Mo.........isn't Saul great......just your typical lawyer!!!!

#13 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

Heisenburg = Travel Team Parent/Coach

#14 PHSfan_1023

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:45 AM

View Postflounder, on 06 March 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

PHS.........

Finished watching it last night on Netflix.......62 total episodes and I watched them all in 2-3 weeks.......what a ending.....the thing I liked most about this series is that in every show, you never have a clue what is going to happen next......

Mo.........isn't Saul great......just your typical lawyer!!!!

Agreed on the ending. The way the plot twists and turns, it always ends up making sense but it blows you away as to how it gets there. I thought they did an amazing job tying up everything and sending everybody out the right way. I'm excited to see "Better Call Saul", even if it is only to feed my BB fix

#15 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:27 AM

I'm only on episode 8 (after floundear's urging ), but find many/all of the proposed situations extremely thought provoking so far and wonder in one's desperation in his situation, how far would I be willing to go and, IN his condition, what kind of "liability" or commitment to his getting better does/should he have? I actually found his wife's stance pretty selfish.

I also have loved the music cuts.... :)

Does anyone find " DEA Hank" as hilarious as I do with all his circa 80's colloquialisms?! He reminds me of quite a few guys I actually know! Lol

Btw, I find Jesse very amusing, too...and...If all of what they're stating is true in the chemicals used in producing meth, it kinda makes me uncomfortable that they're "giving the recipe"....... Which brings me to one last thought.... Does anyone else have anxiety attacks when they're in the RV cooking?!?! That makes me stiffen up, my heart rate increase and I can't breathe every time it see it!! It's just soooooo dangerous!
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#16 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

Slicer......

Glad you are finally watching.......it only gets better and better.....I like Hank to....he is probably the only one in the show who does not partake in any crime....him and young Walt......I loved all the episodes except the one entitled 'The Fly'........it was the only boring one!!!!!!

As for Mrs. Walt.......she is not much help to Walt until later on!!!!!

#17 Mo-Problems

All State

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

View Postslice slice baby, on 09 March 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

and...If all of what they're stating is true in the chemicals used in producing meth, it kinda makes me uncomfortable that they're "giving the recipe".......

I had that thought at first as well. But after thinking about it for a bit, I realized it was an overreaction. Just because people see how to cook meth, doesn't mean they will cook it. Think of all the countless crime shows on TV. Abductions, rapes, murders, etc. They show how to do it but that doesn't mean people will. If someone wants to, they don't need to see it on TV to figure out how to do it. Breaking Bad actually used DEA agents in the writing of the show to get examples on what meth manufacturers have or would do in certain situations so most of what they learned was from law enforcement, meaning they volunteered the information to the writers and must not be too concerned with it.
Posted Image

#18 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

For some of you old farts out there......I thought the song by Tommy James and the Shondells......'Chrystal Blue Persuasion' really fit in well with the episode it was in!!!!!!!

#19 LimaJock

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,830 posts

Member No.: 1673

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:28 PM

Reminds me way too much of a past life...................................how do I delete this?????????????????????????????? Oh crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was forced to write this...................................someone stole my sign in code.......................

Edited by LimaJock, 12 March 2014 - 08:28 PM.

"I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong"

#20 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

So Jockster my little buddy........did you see 'Breaking Bad'......if not, sip on a few wine coolers and start watching.....you will not be disappointed!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users