Awful Quiet in Kalida.....

24 replies to this topic

#1 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

Korto and his Kalida team defeated a pretty good Pettisville team last night....at least Korto said that in the Lima News.......I believe they have Edgerton next......I just don't understand where all the Kalida faithful went.....this Kalida team is expected to go far in the tournament, but very little is being posted on the Rocketcorner......it's as if no one is excited....what's going on here!!!!!

#2 Dman

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,940 posts

Member No.: 1225

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

The vast majority of Kalida posters have been pro-CYO and anti-King this year flounder. I'm guessing we miss bandido... :(
I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan

#3 Double Dawg

All District

• Members
  • 346 posts

Member No.: 2985

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

Maybe they stopped posting on RC for Lent. :sudsy:
Whatever people remember of me, it will only be a fraction of the TRUTH.

#4 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

View Postflounder, on 07 March 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

Korto and his Kalida team defeated a pretty good Pettisville team last night....at least Korto said that in the Lima News.......I believe they have Edgerton next......I just don't understand where all the Kalida faithful went.....this Kalida team is expected to go far in the tournament, but very little is being posted on the Rocketcorner......it's as if no one is excited....what's going on here!!!!!

Key word flounder "expected". They have been "expecting" them to go far with this group ever since they were in junior high. Perhaps they are finally taking a backseat on this one and just letting this all play out. :coffee:

Edited by Mysterio, 07 March 2012 - 11:12 AM.

No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#5 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

All of the above seems in line, but they are winning and advancing down the tournament trail.......you really can't ask for much more.....just a little surprised that there hasn't been more chatter......all are waiting patiently to see if they can make that next step!!!!!

And Dman.....

I think you are correct, but CYO is not in the same league as OHSAA......I wonder how big their crowds are over there in CYO ball!!!

#6 JAB

All State

• Members
  • 947 posts

Member No.: 410

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

It also doesn't help that most of the topics on Kalida basketball in last couple years have turned into coach bashing or into away of showing a negative light on the community.

But is it all that bad no need to give coaches that read the Rocket Corner more information. The Edgerton coach has coached against Coach Korotokrax before when he coached at Tinora.

#7 Palacelaw

All District

• Members
  • 101 posts

Member No.: 2229

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

I'm a supporter of Coach K. I have to admit I thought they would handle Pettisville pretty easily and was shocked when they didn't. I think some folks expected a 20-0 regular season. I didn't expect 20-0, especially with the out-of-conference schedule Kalida plays. I think they'll beat Edgerton, but it's going to be very close,

#8 1rampart

All League

• Members
  • 86 posts

Member No.: 585

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

I'm thinking based on the pre-season expectations of this team......"very cautious optimism" is the operative phrase.
They are a terrific bunch of guys no matter what happens.

#9 GoMaroon

All League

• Members
  • 35 posts

Member No.: 5791

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

oh alright, per your request....thank goodness our guards have stepped up and big time. If the big guys don't get moving, we're going to be over and out. And just to humor you....the CYO boys team is going to state (and yes, that is big news in Kalida. We love all our seniors - and the junior too). Good Luck to ALL of our basketball players!!! The "Grand Canyon" will be smeared with maroon & gold on Friday - on both sides of the court.

#10 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

Maroon.......

How does Kalida stack up against Edgerton......and if Kalida wins, will the Kalida community start getting a bit excited!!!!!!

#11 PPDOBBS---CHARLOTTE

All District

• Validating
  • 117 posts

Member No.: 1044

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

View Post1rampart, on 07 March 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

I'm thinking based on the pre-season expectations of this team......"very cautious optimism" is the operative phrase.
They are a terrific bunch of guys no matter what happens.

1rampart---you are very wise, well beyond your years !
" very cautious optimism " is the operative phrase !
Couldn't have said it better myself ! The King has his team cruising along quietly with ONLY 18 WINS !
The team is doing well. Several players averaging around double figures. Some players picking up the slack when others are having a down day. That is what a TEAM effort is all about. It's now time to get the team to start peaking ! The King has the stage set and the team is ready to roll.
Next game will show if the timing is on the mark. It's time to jell ( to take shape and achieve ) !

Once again, 1rampart---They are a terrific bunch of guys no matter what happens !

WOW ! What a great post !!!

#12 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

View PostPPDOBBS---CHARLOTTE, on 08 March 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

1rampart---you are very wise, well beyond your years !
" very cautious optimism " is the operative phrase !
Couldn't have said it better myself ! The King has his team cruising along quietly with ONLY 18 WINS !
The team is doing well. Several players averaging around double figures. Some players picking up the slack when others are having a down day. That is what a TEAM effort is all about. It's now time to get the team to start peaking ! The King has the stage set and the team is ready to roll.
Next game will show if the timing is on the mark. It's time to jell ( to take shape and achieve ) !

Once again, 1rampart---They are a terrific bunch of guys no matter what happens !

WOW ! What a great post !!!
Kalida will give Edgerton a great game, but the CYO team in Kalida may get invited to the CYO national Champ game in Columbus. You cannot win all your games every year, only in CYO. Good luck Coach K. and the rest of the Kalida fans.

#13 paperboy

All State

• Members
  • 508 posts

Member No.: 544

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

While we're on the topic of Kalida, is there any Wildcat fan that could hook me up with a copy of the 1981 regional final against Marion Local? I'll pay any reasonable price...

Thanks.

#14 dkusma96

All State

• Members
  • 622 posts

Member No.: 5181

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:06 AM

View Postpaperboy, on 08 March 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

While we're on the topic of Kalida, is there any Wildcat fan that could hook me up with a copy of the 1981 regional final against Marion Local? I'll pay any reasonable price...

Thanks.

Coach K's number is in the phone book. That would be a good place to start. :)

#15 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostGoMaroon, on 07 March 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

And just to humor you....the CYO boys team is going to state (and yes, that is big news in Kalida. We love all our seniors - and the junior too).

Sorry but going to state in CYO just doesn't quite impress me so much.

#16 Jonny B Good

All League

• Members
  • 28 posts

Member No.: 9155

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

It is goin to be even quieter in Kalida after the Polecats from Edgertun gets done with them. No firetrucks this year.

#17 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

View PostJonny B Good, on 08 March 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

It is goin to be even quieter in Kalida after the Polecats from Edgertun gets done with them. No firetrucks this year.

Don't worry they will still toilet paper the town even if they lose.

#18 titanman

All District

• Members
  • 423 posts

Member No.: 147

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

View PostMysterio, on 09 March 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

Don't worry they will still toilet paper the town even if they lose.

What a classless bunch they are, I hope they only use single ply toilet paper then if they do it after a loss!! :sarcasm:

Congrats Kalida on a fine season! Wish they could of went further, but they should be proud of their team and accomplishments.

Edited by titanman, 10 March 2012 - 07:56 PM.

#19 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

I'm going with the upset, taking the "King" and the "Dream Team" in this one.

47-38

#20 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

It's going to be real quiet now.......can't believe it.....the PCL took a big hit tonight!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users