Lincolnview vs DSJ

165 replies to this topic

#21 Penguin4eyes

• Members
  • 12 posts

Member No.: 9372

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

I was informed that it was more of an elbow from the DSJ player not a punch.. Nevertheless I hate to hear of something like this happening in a game... Has there been any talk of this being a season ending incident for these two seniors??

#22 roadtoC-town

All State

• Members
  • 891 posts

Member No.: 3435

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostPenguin4eyes, on 30 January 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

I was informed that it was more of an elbow from the DSJ player not a punch.. Nevertheless I hate to hear of something like this happening in a game... Has there been any talk of this being a season ending incident for these two seniors??
No, a closed hand hit her in the face. Why would it be a season ending incident for the Lincolnview player?? Because she pushed the girl away or because she said BS??
2008 NWC Prediction Contest Winner

#23 Penguin4eyes

• Members
  • 12 posts

Member No.: 9372

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I was just curious. The Lincolnview player seemed to continue the madness after the play of the game was stopped. Honestly I feel that both girls are equally at fault!!

#24 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostPenguin4eyes, on 30 January 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

I was just curious. The Lincolnview player seemed to continue the madness after the play of the game was stopped. Honestly I feel that both girls are equally at fault!!

From what I heard, I agree that both girls are at fault, but the DSJ girl started it......also, I was told that the L'view girl hit the DSJ girl in retaliation....heard it was a fist not just a shove!!!!

#25 roadtoC-town

All State

• Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

The Lincolnview girl was punched!!! She was physically assaulted on the basketball court. What did you expect a high school girl to do?? After she was punched the Ref gave her a T. I think I would be a little upset.

#26 roadtoC-town

All State

• Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

View Postflounder, on 30 January 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

From what I heard, I agree that both girls are at fault, but the DSJ girl started it......also, I was told that the L'view girl hit the DSJ girl in retaliation....heard it was a fist not just a shove!!!!
I have seen the tape and with out a doubt it was a shove with both hands. Please tell me how the Lincolnview girl was at fault to deserve to be punched?

#27 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostroadtoC-town, on 30 January 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

I have seen the tape and with out a doubt it was a shove with both hands. Please tell me how the Lincolnview girl was at fault to deserve to be punched?

C-town........

We will never know what made one go off on the other.....I never said the L'view girl was at fault....I only said what I heard....I am not defending anyone here....you know, there is always smack talk going on during games....evidently someone did not have the mental toughness to blow it off.....it escalated into a fight.....the refs only saw the retaliation of the L'view player......she got caught....the DSJ player did not.....not saying that is right, but it usually turns out that the one who retaliates get caught............I am just saying that BZ and company will do the right thing concerning this girl!!!!

#28 roadtoC-town

All State

• Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Flounder.......I totally agree that BZ will do the right thing. I am also being told that the OHSAA will be given the opportunity in the next 48 hours to do the right thing after reviewing the Lincolnview, NK and Van Wert game.

#29 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostroadtoC-town, on 30 January 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Flounder.......I totally agree that BZ will do the right thing. I am also being told that the OHSAA will be given the opportunity in the next 48 hours to do the right thing after reviewing the Lincolnview, NK and Van Wert game.

Interesting, but what can the OHSAA do......I mean..they let crap happen all the time.....and Van Wert game....what happened in that game.....never heard anything serious!!!!

#30 grub

All District

• Members
  • 421 posts

Member No.: 78

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Unfortunately Kent, it is the DSJ way. You yourself said this has happened more than once prior to the game in question with no repercussions to the young lady in question. Now whether or not it is dealt with in the correct manner remains to be seen.

To the above poster blaming referees is absurd to say the least.

#31 maddog

All State

• Members
  • 755 posts

Member No.: 3291

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Seems that there were many mistakes made by players and coaches. The refs are getting blamed for not having control of the game. I do not know if that is fair after watching the product they let happen all season. Why change now for this one game? No one is mentioning the reason the Lincolnview girl got a T was the fact that she lost her cool after the intentional foul was called. This is also not her first brush with losing her cool this season so the martyr act should not be continued. My hope is both players and each coach can learn something from this sad display of sportsmanship. It was a game between 2 very average teams that should be enjoyed and not turned into a jihad.

#32 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

grubster......

You are so wrong....if it was the DSJ way, no action would be taken and life would go on.....I think I mentioned a meeting took place...what don't you understand other than some inner bad feelings toward the Jays!!!!!

Great post maddog......pretty much sums up my feelings!!!!

#33 grub

All District

• Members
  • 421 posts

Member No.: 78

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

I'm sorry but you're missing my point. As reported by an above poster it has happened twice before with no repercussions. It took a third time to have this brought to light. As for my perceived bad feeling about the Jays you couldn't be further from the truth. I have no feelings about said school. We could be talking about "X" school and my feelings would be the same. Sorry if you think it as a personal attack. I won't be this dead horse any longer.

Edited by grub, 31 January 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#34 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

My apologies grubster......I may have been to harsh on you!!!!!

#35 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

View Postslice slice baby, on 31 January 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

Lincolnview 61
Ada 57

View Postslice slice baby, on 31 January 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Marion Local 64
Delphos St Johns 37

View Postslice slice baby, on 31 January 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

been informed that neither girl played tonight and at least one will be out for a couple more games (LV), for those interested in this 'story'.
not sure on DSJ's player's total 'timeout'.
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#36 maddog

All State

• Members
  • 755 posts

Member No.: 3291

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

The DSJ player will also be out for the next game making it a total of 2 games on the bench.

#37 Venom

All District

• Members
  • 168 posts

Member No.: 634

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

In all honesty I think they (meaning the state or whoever) should look at the tape and make their allegations then. If what has been described true, then I think the DSJ girl should be suspended at a much greater amount of games then the Lincolnview girl, just based on what people are saying happened. Pushing and shoving happens in sports, those usually lead to technical fouls or maybe an ejection from a game but that's it. But when punching comes into play, then it changes everything. You can't really blame the officials on this. I don't see how they can instantly stop something that is going on 10-20 feet away from them. Again it's hard for me to really make any kind of opinion on something like this without actually seeing what happened. But consequences should be dealt with this DSJ girl if she is a repeat offender of this.

#38 Venom

All District

• Members
  • 168 posts

Member No.: 634

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

View Postgrub, on 31 January 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

Unfortunately Kent, it is the DSJ way. You yourself said this has happened more than once prior to the game in question with no repercussions to the young lady in question. Now whether or not it is dealt with in the correct manner remains to be seen.

To the above poster blaming referees is absurd to say the least.

Most Delphos people that I talk to are basically trying to sweep this under the carpet. Bottom line both girls were going back and forth but the DSJ girl is at the most fault here. Punching is unacceptable. Pushing and shoving happens. I think some fans just try to defend their school's repuation and don't want to put a bad mark on them.

#39 Kane

All League

• Members
  • 64 posts

Member No.: 9412

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

Be curious to see what happens here, if anything. The way I see it, there are two different sides to this incident. If this girl from DSJ is a repeat offender of this, she needs to be suspended indefinitely.

:furious:

#40 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostVenom, on 01 February 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

Most Delphos people that I talk to are basically trying to sweep this under the carpet. Bottom line both girls were going back and forth but the DSJ girl is at the most fault here. Punching is unacceptable. Pushing and shoving happens. I think some fans just try to defend their school's repuation and don't want to put a bad mark on them.

Venom.......

Ho many DSJ people did you talk to....lol.....in my corner of the world, the DSJ people want disciplinary action....and they got it following the meeting the very next day....DSJ officials did not waste anytime handing out the punishment and parents were in agreement........"sweep this under the carpet"....sheeeeesh....you have no clue.....it is what it is, and it happened at DSJ.....our school is no different than your school....when something like this happens, DSJ is on it and punishment is handed out!!!!!

And like I had stated earlier...Coach Grothouse will take care of it....and he did......no brainers are the easiest cases to handle!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users