The 2013 Browns

181 replies to this topic

#141 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Member No.: 9368

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

Now hearing that our front office really likes manziel. Hate to say it. They will probably look to bring in a coach who runs a manziel system, like a mcdaniels. And 'jump start' this franchise and add some excitement which manziel will bring. Another collasal disaster in the making or a franchise boom.

#142 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostNWbballfan, on 30 December 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

or franchise boom.
Franchise boom + Cleveland Browns = LMFAO
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#143 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

stolen from a friend........ lol (inside joke) :D

'Posted Image
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#144 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Member No.: 5013

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:15 PM

To quote Clubber Lange, circa 1982:

"Pain"

#145 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Member No.: 3674

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

yeah, I keep hearing McDaniels is the guy they want. What about the Coordinators, did they fire
Turner and Horton too? I thought Chud was the only guy who was gone.
But is the whole staff gone, or is that to be determined?

#146 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

If it's McDaniels, no doubt Turner would be gone as McDaniels is an offensive coordinator. I would hope they keep Horton for Defensive continuity.

#147 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

Yeah I guess that would make since on Turner....I do hope they keep Horton, since they just flipped schemes to run his.

#148 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

Hearing Jim schwartz is going to be our new DC, as he has ties with Lombardi. They were together with belicheck in Cleveland in the 90s. What you guys think of the Gus malzahn rumors??

Edited by NWbballfan, 01 January 2014 - 04:11 PM.

#149 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

They may talk but I do not seem him coming to Cleveland, there will be an NFL team every year looking for a coach, and Cleveland isn't exactly a college coach's dream. I think the likely candidate is Mcdaniels, til he says no. I think he is the Guy the head office wants. Not sure why? he isn't proven either, and again two words (Tim Tebow) that was his call and his QB of choice, and he from what is written he wants player decisions to be his call, and the front office of the Browns are not set up that
way

But if it is McDaniels and Johnny Freakin Football is there, then that will be the future QB for the
Browns.

#150 Ward

All District

• Members
  • 145 posts

Member No.: 9502

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:42 AM

I just don't see the whole Browns and Johnny Football match happening. Personally I think he goes #1 to Houston or possibly #3 to Jacksonville but if he falls to Cleveland and they take him, it may not be a happy ending for either side. I just don't know if Johnny's personality will fit well in a place like Cleveland. I could see him pulling an Eli Manning at the draft whinning about going to Cleveland and then getting traded to a more "fashionable" team.

I actually kind of like Bortles from Central Florida. I know it may not be the sexiest pick in the draft compared to the likes of Teddy and Johnny, but he would fit a system kind of like Johhny Football. I think then for the Browns they need to get a RB in possibly their 2nd pick of the first round or possibly 2nd round.

#151 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

I totally agree WArd. I don't think Johnny Football's game gel's with Cleveland's Division, and playing conditions. It is cold and slick in a lot of the later games, and Ravens Steelers, Bengals,
defenses are punishing. Manziel is not very big, I don't care what is stats say, he is not a Flacko,
Big Ben, Even Dolton size guy. I like besides your guy Ward, Carr From Fresno State, for his size
and arm too.

I also agree that is also why I don't think he announced right away he was leaving. I think he and
his agent are trying to get a grip on where he might go. But I don't see wanting to play for Cleveland.Hec, I am not sure at this rate we can even get a coach to want to come there.

I don't think O'Brien takes him, though. JOhnny's personality from a Veteran stand point, not sure a 10 year offensive player is going to listen to his rah, rah speeches, and I also think he will have to
work extra hard to get vets to get over the fact the media worships him.

#152 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

With as dysfunctional as this organization is, Johnny football is a perfect and likely pick. The brownies have never failed to surprise and disappoint. Especially with the coaches they have in mind, Malzahn, Mcdaniels, these guys like fast offenses and athletic quarterbacks. a la Mcdaniels drafting Tim Tebow. The Browns seem like they are trying to run with the times now with the read-option fast pace offenses now a days. Last year we put all our chips in for Chip Kelly and he ran the other way. Now we are back at it trying to find a innovative coach with a high flying offense, and Haslam wants to sell tickets and wants to create excitement. What better way than to draft Johnny football. If it works out, the front office looks like heroes. If it is another disaster, oh well it cant get any worse right. The only problem I see is Jacksonville a spot in front of us taking Manziel. If Johnny is the guy they want, they will do the same thing they did 2 years ago w/richardson trading picks away to move up one spot to secure Johnny. Running back wise I think we sign Ben Tate and roll with him an Dion Lewis.

Edited by NWbballfan, 03 January 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#153 fortfan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Member No.: 3645

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

See on Facebook that Jim Tressel is interviewing for the job.

#154 Ward

All District

• Members
  • 145 posts

Member No.: 9502

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

Well there has been rumors that the Texans were open to trade the #1 pick. Be interesting to see if the Browns jump on that in hopes of getting Teddy Bridgewater. They do have 2 first round picks to work with and they do need a QB. If that's the route they take, then picking up Ben Tate in Free Agency would be huge for them. If I were the Browns, I would do just that and avoid taking Johnny Football at all costs. I think he is a good talent, but just not something I think Cleveland should get involved with. Cleveland just does not seem like a "fashionable" place for Johnny and if the Browns do draft him, he will bail as soon as his contract is up. He just seems more of a bigger city, bigger market in my mind. So no disrespect to Cleveland but I think they can do better.

As far as the Jim Tressel thing, it's kind of funny because I was just mentioning that to a Browns fan about the possibility of that happening. What do Browns fans think of that? I think it's interesting. In my opinion I think it would be better than Norv Turner. A lot of coaching spots to be filled throughout the league.

#155 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

Browns hire Tressel then it is because they guy they did want didn't take the job. And if that is the case, why fire what you had. Tressel is not the answer. Look how out of date the offense was at Ohio State under is regime. I concerned we drafted all the defense to switch and we are changing personal again. Which means once again, if they switch back, then depth will be terrible again. Clearly we will not know anything until the playoffs are done, because I believe they are targeting one of the coaches still with a team in the playoffs, or they would have announced the new hire already.

#156 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Footnote, glad to See Phil Dawson doing well in san Francisco. One of the great Browns players, that even though he left, I am glad he is on a team with a shot at the Super Bowl.

#157 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

Get Manziel, and the next coach will turn into a genius. He is the love child of Joe Namath and Fran Tarkington

#158 fortfan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Member No.: 3645

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

View Postlepiota, on 07 January 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

Get Manziel, and the next coach will turn into a genius. He is the love child of Joe Namath and Fran Tarkington

Where does Suzy Kolber fit in this scenario?

Tressel rumors were denied by the Browns.

Either Josh McDaniel has been hired or he turned the job down, depending on who's reporting.

#159 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

We all would have said that to Suzy if we were that drunk. Joe probably forgot about the camera lol

#160 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

Well McDaniel turned down the job, reportedly because he wasn't their first choice to be coach. Which leaves the Browns going to hire another guy That wasn't the guy, but he was the best guy we could get. Which sounds exactly like what The Front office did last year, when they thought they could get Chip Kelly. After firing the guy, who wasn't the guy after one year, because we can get our guy now. I think Gus from Auburn was to be their guy, and he said No. It will be interesting to see after this weekend when some of the NFL teams will lose, and their coaches will be available to hire, to see if one of those coordinators will be the guy the Front office tries to sell us fans that he was the guy we wanted all along.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users