2012-2013 NWC thoughts

94 replies to this topic

#21 PHSfan_1023

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Member No.: 4554

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Well just to get people up to date with the new 22-game schedule, here are the two new teams each school will play....

Ada - Columbus South 12/29 @ ONU, @ Wayne Trace 2/16
Allen East - No teams added as of yet
Bluffton - @ O-G 1/5, @ Van Buren 2/19 (replaced Van Wert with Riverdale)
Columbus Grove - Van Buren 12/1, Jackson Center 12/29
Crestview - @ Miller City 12/29, @ Lima Shawnee 1/22
Delphos Jefferson - Parkway Chatt Ins. Tourney 1/28-29
Lima Central Catholic - Dayton Chaminade-Julienne 12/7, @ Van Buren 1/26
Lincolnview - Fort Recovery 1/5, @ Lima Temple Christian 2/5
Paulding - Montpelier 12/10, Liberty Center 1/4
Spencerville - No teams added as of yet

#22 bleacherman

All District

• Members
  • 294 posts

Member No.: 4536

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

How bout if a school has the chance to schedule up but turns the opportunity down to schedule down?? Good or bad idea.

#23 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

View Postbleacherman, on 12 October 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

How bout if a school has the chance to schedule up but turns the opportunity down to schedule down?? Good or bad idea.

Two thoughts on this.....If by scheduling up to a team that the coach knows he has no chance in hell to win and more than likley will get crushed, I do not think it is good for the team or players...I think it is better to schedule up, but you want to do it with a team you have a realistic chnace of winning or at least be competitive, especially if a coach is in the process of building a program

#24 Dman

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,940 posts

Member No.: 1225

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

How bout if a school has the chance to schedule up but turns the opportunity down to schedule down?? Good or bad idea

There is no right answer. I think a lot depends on circumstance. Are you rebuilding, looking at a conference championship, got a shot at Columbus, etc? Once all those factors are taken into consideration, you make the determination of which direction you want/need to head. This says nothing of logistics.

This is so subjective. There are schedules that I personally look at and roll my eyes (either ridiculously tough or too easy)... We all have different thresholds!

Edit...Adog beat me to it and had basically the same opinion!

Edited by Dman, 13 October 2012 - 08:49 AM.

I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan

#25 doslobos

All District

• Members
  • 103 posts

Member No.: 9220

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

LCC's biggest challenge will be finding someone/people to replace O'Connor's work on the glass. He masked a lot of LCC's rebounding problems last year, problems that were greatly exposed when he got into foul trouble against OG. If they struggle rebounding, it wouldn't surprise me to see a Crestview or Spencerville upset them.

#26 bleacherman

All District

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

Sorry for getting off subject. Was just curious. Let's get back to the main subject. Thoughts on the upcoming season.

#27 Sportsjock

All League

• Members
  • 20 posts

Member No.: 9085

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Who are some of the player of the year candidates?

#28 pantherfan80

All League

• Members
  • 80 posts

Member No.: 5190

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

Brewer is also done for Paulding ! ! !

#29 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

View Postpantherfan80, on 19 October 2012 - 11:45 PM, said:

Brewer is also done for Paulding ! ! !

you mean the crying, whining mommy's & daddy's got their way?...SMH what a joke

#30 PHSfan_1023

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Member No.: 4554

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostADog, on 20 October 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

you mean the crying, whining mommy's & daddy's got their way?...SMH what a joke

No ADog, this guy just likes to complain about Brewer and the Paulding program. He was even whining during their 17-win season a couple years ago. Brewer is still the coach and no kind of change has been made whatsoever.

#31 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostPHSfan_1023, on 20 October 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

No ADog, this guy just likes to complain about Brewer and the Paulding program. He was even whining during their 17-win season a couple years ago. Brewer is still the coach and no kind of change has been made whatsoever.

That is good to hear...granted only saw Brewer coach against Ada,but I felt he had his stuff together and was a pretty good coach...

#32 PowerPressure

• Members
  • 17 posts

Member No.: 9362

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

LCC is always a competitive school, but I came across a Paulding team over the Summer, and the longer I sat there and watched their game, the more I realized that they had a very competitive team. If these players were all from the Paulding Varsity team, they have a phenomenal group of young men, and I would not be one bit surprised if they (Paulding) make A LOT of noise, in and out of conference play.

#33 bleacherman

All District

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostPowerPressure, on 14 November 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

LCC is always a competitive school, but I came across a Paulding team over the Summer, and the longer I sat there and watched their game, the more I realized that they had a very competitive team. If these players were all from the Paulding Varsity team, they have a phenomenal group of young men, and I would not be one bit surprised if they (Paulding) make A LOT of noise, in and out of conference play.

Oh Boy PowerPressure, you just opened the flood gates. Now C'mon all you Paulding bashers, don't let me down.

#34 PowerPressure

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

I guess I didn't realize that there were so many Paulding bashers. All that I am saying is IF the team that I watched play over the summer is the true Paulding Varsity team (which I was told they were), then there better be some people that pay more attention to that game when they reach that point of their schedule, or they will be upset. These young men played as if they came from a Division 1 or 2 school. I have never really followed Paulding basketball closely, but I was obviously impressed with this group when I was fortunate enough to catch them in a local tournament.

#35 roarintiger1

All State

• Members
  • 834 posts

Member No.: 769

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

How is Lincolnview going to be?

#36 Green seagull 20

All League

• Members
  • 77 posts

Member No.: 9178

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

View Postroarintiger1, on 16 November 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

How is Lincolnview going to be?
Down from last season. Solid point guard but not much around him

#37 9-1

All District

• Members
  • 163 posts

Member No.: 4045

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostPowerPressure, on 14 November 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

We hear this every year and Paulding continues to be mediocre every year. Its been a joke for some time now because someone says it every year ha

#38 dropNdimes

All League

• Members
  • 68 posts

Member No.: 5933

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

LCC is very talented (nothing new) but I think team chemistry could be a problem. The kids get along really well and are very talented. About 1/3 way thru the season, you know someone's parent is going to get upset because their very talented son didn't get as much playing time or isn't scoring as many points as they think he should.
I really think that this team might be more talented than the team that won the state tournament or at least have more depth. They have a plethora of guards and have some size that can all run. To make everyone happy, including parents, Coach Kill should press the entire game and just rotate guys in. I really don't think they'll lose anything by subbing frequently because #'s 1-8 could start for any team in the NWC. LCC just needs to warn the other NWC teams that they'll be pressing for 32 minutes and if the score gets ugly, it gets ugly- they're just trying to keep everyone happy in the T-Bird Family.

#39 PowerPressure

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

, I know they (Paulding) haven't had a great program in past years, I'm just going off strictly what I sat and watched over the summer. They were most certainly better than a mediocre team. I don't know the team well enough to defend them, but if you haven't seen them this year, I wouldn't over look them.

#40 bleacherman

All District

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

OK, yes Paulding does have a reputation of not having good basketball teams. However, they did have a rather decent season 2 years ago. Decent for Paulding. Now I won't at this point say this years team will be well over 0.500, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users