91 replies to this topic

#81 lima ball

All District

• Members
  • 327 posts

Member No.: 7076

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:47 AM

View Postjuan, on 20 August 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

Things deteriorate over time. What did ya want them to do cover it up everytime it rains.

View Postdw629, on 20 August 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

Yes, people who see a landmark struggling over several decades but was NEVER deemed unsafe by the state to use (never illegal) and are proactive with THEIR own money to replace the struggling stands

That sounds irresponsible?

The visiting stands were encased in fencing for at least a year because they didn't want anything falling on people, the home stands were getting close to that condition. Yes it was old, but if they would have put a little money into it, knowing it was old, to keep it in good condition and renovate every now and then.
Juan - Covering it when it rains? the underside was the biggest issue. There are many buidings which have been around longer than Lima Stadium which have been kept up nicely and still standing but have undergone some RENOVATIONS. Just saying if your house has an issue you get it fixed, most people don't tear it down and rebuild

#82 tunnelvision

All State

• Members
  • 580 posts

Member No.: 9487

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:07 PM

Those old bleachers were iconic. They should have rebuilt with a similar model. Either that or fixed them up. They didn't realize what they had. That made Lima Sr what it was.

#83 Ghost of Obed

All District

• Members
  • 105 posts

Member No.: 9636

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:36 AM

let me break from my usual troll/sarcasm ...I think if people became as emotionally invested to eradicating drugs and crime from the city of Lima as they are in the name of a stadium, the city would be a better place.

teenagers end up dead over nothing and the mayor and council president remain quiet, yet speak on this...and that Lima, is your biggest issue. Failure of governing leadership for all.

#84 Spartan87

All State

• Members
  • 768 posts

Member No.: 571

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

View PostGhost of Obed, on 25 August 2014 - 06:36 AM, said:

let me break from my usual troll/sarcasm ...I think if people became as emotionally invested to eradicating drugs and crime from the city of Lima as they are in the name of a stadium, the city would be a better place.

teenagers end up dead over nothing and the mayor and council president remain quiet, yet speak on this...and that Lima, is your biggest issue. Failure of governing leadership for all.

Winner!
I am a Spartan, as was my father before me.

Lima Warriors
2007 USFA Champions
2007 MLFN 1AA National Champions
2010 HFL Champions
2010 AFNT AA National Champions
2010 Inductee Lima Warriors Hall of Fame

#85 Irish Viking 87

All District

• Members
  • 433 posts

Member No.: 9522

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

I heard on the news last night that there were representatives from Lima Senior, the Lima Warriors, and a few other groups that will use Spartan Stadium at the dedication ceremony yesterday. They said the LCC representatives declined to attend. Maybe Lima Senior should decline to let LCC use the stadium at the next to nothing cost that is now being charged. LCC faithful.GET OVER IT! If the renaming of the stadium is that big a deal to you, go build your own.

#86 Mr Bearcat

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Member No.: 3337

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PostIrish Viking 87, on 25 August 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

I heard on the news last night that there were representatives from Lima Senior, the Lima Warriors, and a few other groups that will use Spartan Stadium at the dedication ceremony yesterday. They said the LCC representatives declined to attend. Maybe Lima Senior should decline to let LCC use the stadium at the next to nothing cost that is now being charged. LCC faithful.GET OVER IT! If the renaming of the stadium is that big a deal to you, go build your own.
My Thoughts exactly!
Mr B

#87 tunnelvision

All State

• Members
  • 580 posts

Member No.: 9487

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

What a bunch of cry baby sore losers

#88 seminolegold

All District

• Members
  • 174 posts

Member No.: 5834

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostGhost of Obed, on 25 August 2014 - 06:36 AM, said:

Wow!!! Exactly!!! Makes you wonder about priorities!!!

#89 lima ball

All District

• Members
  • 327 posts

Member No.: 7076

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

View PostIrish Viking 87, on 25 August 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Probably had other things to do than watch Lima Senior player and Administration talk about their "Spartan Pride"

#90 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostGhost of Obed, on 30 July 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

from today's local fish wrap

LIMA — The newly renovated stadium in Lima will also be getting a new name, Lima schools board members decided this morning.

The board members chose the name Spartan Stadium, a name they felt will create even more school pride, replacing the longstanding Lima Stadium name.

“It encapsulates everything we have been talking about,” board member Catherine Kouns Born said.

Rocketman's hatred of everything LCC has led to this decision and extreme ramifications are expected. A full blown mafia war atmosphere was coming from Spartan Way on Tuesday in the Bean City. Rocketman could not be reached for comment but his spokesman issued a statement saying "we didn't start the fire, it was always burning, Since the world's been turning"

Anonymous sources report that Rocketman paid the Lima City School board members hundreds of thousands of dollars to effectively tell LCC "your just a tenant of this stadium, you don't own it" and "if it bothers you so much change your mascot to a Thunder Spartan"

Anonymous LCC personnel are reporting that holy water will no longer be used in the stadiums sprinkler system.

The Vatican is expected to make a statement this afternoon...

With the latest salvos being fired between LSCC and LSH concerning the re-naming of Lima Stadium and the letters and columns being written and responded to by many people in the Limaland area, I have to say that I never expected it
to get as ugly as it has between the two entities involved....

There has to be an underlying reason why the LCC community is just now getting their ground forces aligned and ready
to march down Market St. towards Spartan Way to do battle with the LSH superintendent....she seems to have lit a
fire under the LCC fanbase and heaven help her in the end......don't know if Rep. Huffman has enough power to have
her replaced, but I would be concerned if I were her......going to have some new info on this whole episode in the
new few days we hope........thanks RM
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#91 dw629

All State

• Members
  • 827 posts

Member No.: 5046

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostRocketman, on 01 November 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

With the latest salvos being fired between LSCC and LSH concerning the re-naming of Lima Stadium and the letters and columns being written and responded to by many people in the Limaland area, I have to say that I never expected it
to get as ugly as it has between the two entities involved....

There has to be an underlying reason why the LCC community is just now getting their ground forces aligned and ready
to march down Market St. towards Spartan Way to do battle with the LSH superintendent....she seems to have lit a
fire under the LCC fanbase and heaven help her in the end......don't know if Rep. Huffman has enough power to have
her replaced, but I would be concerned if I were her......going to have some new info on this whole episode in the
new few days we hope........thanks RM

There is a 0% chance she is replaced especially about something that has 0 to do with education and LCC community has nothing to do with the LCS district other than voting and using their facilities, busses, special ed services and many other things they get from the public schools (LCS and Shawnee)

#92 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:17 PM

View Postdw629, on 01 November 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

There is a 0% chance she is replaced especially about something that has 0 to do with education and LCC community has nothing to do with the LCS district other than voting and using their facilities, busses, special ed services and many other things they get from the public schools (LCS and Shawnee)
I sure hope she doesn't get booted somehow. She 's been the best thing that's happened to LSH for as long as I can remember.
They need change and she seems to be bringing it.

GO SPARTANS!!!!!!!
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users