Hogg Creek Soccer League

6 replies to this topic

#1 crew_ton

All District

• Members
  • 311 posts

Member No.: 4980

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:06 AM

There will be an informational meeting for those coaches interested in forming a team for the Hogg Creek Soccer League on Sunday, March 6th, at 6:00 PM. The meeting will be held at the Delphos St. Johns Annex located at 722 S. Jefferson St., Delphos OH, 45833.

The HCSL is a summer developmental soccer league often used by High School coaches as a supplement to their off-season training program. The HCSL is member of Ohio Youth Soccer Association North (OYSAN). The league was established in 2005 by a group of area High School coaches and parents that wanted to provide a place for teams to play in the summer. The soccer league is located in Northwest Ohio and originally began with just a High School level girls division. Since that time the league has expanded and now has a High School boys division, a Jr. High girls division, and Travel Teams "The Razors." Depending on interest, there may be a Jr. High boys division added this year. The league plays from June 1st thru July 15th of each year. The purpose of our league is to promote the growth of soccer throughout the area, provide opportunities for players through advancing skills, knowledge of the game, team work and fair play. We as a league desire to bring coaches and players closer together and work to promote, and advance soccer all throughout Northwest, Ohio for all of those that wish to play and compete. By doing this we hope to create a soccer community where coaches, players, parents, and fans will come together as one TEAM and family.

Where do the players come from? We have had teams / players from all of these schools.
Ada, Allen East, Bath, Bluffton, Botkins, Celina, Continental, Cory-Rawson, Crestview, Defiance, Delphos Jefferson, Delphos St. John's, Elida, Fort Jennings, Kalida, Kenton, Liberty Benton, LCC, Lima Senior, Lincolnview, Miller City, Ottawa-Glandorf, Ottoville, Piqua, Shawnee, Sidney-Lehman Catholic, Spencerville, St. Mary's, Van Buren, Van Wert, & Wapak.

#2 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Member No.: 3674

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:43 AM

What about players, how do you contact someone about trying out for the team?

#3 crew_ton

All District

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

You should contact the head coach for your high school, there are no "house teams." If your school isnt going to field a team in the league, send me a private message and I will see what I can do about hooking you up with a nearby team.

#4 bumbleseue

• Members
  • 12 posts

Member No.: 6697

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:45 AM

what about trying out for the Razors?

#5 crew_ton

All District

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

Bumblesue- I was hoping that I would have that info for you by now, but I do not. I will post the information when the dates and times are finalized.

#6 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Member No.: 3674

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (crew_ton @ Mar 10 2011, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bumblesue- I was hoping that I would have that info for you by now, but I do not. I will post the information when the dates and times are finalized.

any word yet if they are having any more try outs?

#7 crew_ton

All District

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:08 PM

The try-outs for the Razors will be held on April 3rd and 10th at Apex Sports Zone in Elida Ohio. The girls try-outs will be from 10 am to 11:30 am. The boys try-outs will be from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm.

On a related note, the Hogg Creek coaches meeting has been moved to Apex Sports Zone on April 10th at 11:30 am as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users