Ottoville 1st team
Leipsic 2nd team

#3 Kane

All League

• Members
  • 64 posts

Member No.: 9412

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Like the last 4 years it should be Ottoville starting 5 with a few bench players on 2nd team but as usual only 2 girls will get it from Ottoville lol. It's pretty much a joke.

#4 Kane

All League

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

View Postgovikes, on 08 February 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Ottoville 1st team
Leipsic 2nd team

Couldn't agree more

#5 oldlefty

All League

• Members
  • 72 posts

Member No.: 7615

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

View PostKane, on 09 February 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

Like the last 4 years it should be Ottoville starting 5 with a few bench players on 2nd team but as usual only 2 girls will get it from Ottoville lol. It's pretty much a joke.
so the girl thats currently a sophomore with Toledo shouldn't have been on first or second team ?...or the current starting point guard for Ohio Northern ?....PG ...respect ....see what I mean

#6 oldlefty

All League

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

I will agree it's a joke ....but you people from Ottoville don't know how lucky you are ...I would have loved to see what SEVERAL girls from the PCL could have achieved with Kleman as a coach ....Kleman as coach of the year last four years ...ABSOLUTELY

#7 bigbrother6

All League

• Members
  • 42 posts

Member No.: 5675

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

so who will get it then

#8 BIG DOG

All District

• Members
  • 109 posts

Member No.: 1370

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

View Postoldlefty, on 09 February 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

I will agree it's a joke ....but you people from Ottoville don't know how lucky you are ...I would have loved to see what SEVERAL girls from the PCL could have achieved with Kleman as a coach ....Kleman as coach of the year last four years ...ABSOLUTELY
Couldn't agree more. It is what it is. Good place to end the complaining and make a realistic prediction of who will get the recognition.

#9 bigbrother6

All League

• Members
  • 42 posts

Member No.: 5675

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

siefker ottoville michel mc gerding liepsic gardner kalida biening ottoville not sure about pg I think its Maag but not sure

Edited by bigbrother6, 09 February 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#10 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

View Postbigbrother6, on 09 February 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

siefker ottoville michel mc gerding liepsic gardner kalida biening ottoville not sure about pg I think its Maag but not sure
DC coach of the year, 3 OV's and 3 Leipsic girls and the young lady from MC. Things could change next year. Why does it have to be a looky-feely thing, just pick the best players, no matter school they are from? If your school is not very good, tough. Sorry to be so negative, but this happens every year in the PCL girls, go with the best players, most of these girls will never play BB again. Sorry..............

#11 Kane

All League

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

View Postvon, on 09 February 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

DC coach of the year, 3 OV's and 3 Leipsic girls and the young lady from MC. Things could change next year. Why does it have to be a looky-feely thing, just pick the best players, no matter school they are from? If your school is not very good, tough. Sorry to be so negative, but this happens every year in the PCL girls, go with the best players, most of these girls will never play BB again. Sorry..............

You said it, these awards are nothing more than just a "feel good" accomplishment. The 1st team PCL belongs to Ottoville. I don't see one girl from another team that should be on there over an Ottoville girl. Then the second team can be split with a couple girls from Leipsic, one from Kalida and P-G. That's about it.

#12 oldlefty

All League

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

Hey cmon guys ...Big Dog said REALISTIC

#13 oldlefty

All League

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

I mean cmon ...is their anybody in the PCL better than Ottovilles second five ?..might as well give them 1st and 2nd team

#14 Kane

All League

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

View Postoldlefty, on 11 February 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

I mean cmon ...is their anybody in the PCL better than Ottovilles second five ?..might as well give them 1st and 2nd team

Like someone said before

Ottoville: First Team
Leipsic: Second Team
P-G/Continental/Kalida: Honerable Mention

I mean come on, Ottoville has now won 4 straight PCL titles and never lost a single game in that league. It's just hilarious that coaches out there in that league feel there are better players than the starting 5 of Ottoville in that league.

Edited by Kane, 11 February 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#15 oldlefty

All League

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Kane ...maybe you should ask Kleman if he could have any players from any of the other PCL Teams in the last 4 years if he could ...would he take them?...maybe then they could get out of the regional ..or even the district

#16 Kane

All League

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

View Postoldlefty, on 11 February 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

Kane ...maybe you should ask Kleman if he could have any players from any of the other PCL Teams in the last 4 years if he could ...would he take them?...maybe then they could get out of the regional ..or even the district

Well realistically I think he would especially losing Kaufman. There are some good players out there in the league but just not as good as their starting 5 hence why they have won 4 straight PCL titles without a loss.

#17 oldlefty

All League

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

What Im trying to say here is...nothing against any of the players ...but a HUGE reason for running the table 4 straight years ...KLEMAN ....previous posts on here would suggest that Ottoville s success this year would depend on how their guard play would step up..even more so with Kaufman going down ...that has happened and a HUGE reason for that is coaching ...its called chemistry and it takes someone special to bring a GROUP together to accomplish great things ..so when it comes to INDIVIDUAL awards ..let's give credit where credit is due ...Honestly ..if I was a player I would take that state trophy with my team over any individual award ...anyday ...

#18 Kane

All League

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

View Postoldlefty, on 11 February 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

What Im trying to say here is...nothing against any of the players ...but a HUGE reason for running the table 4 straight years ...KLEMAN ....previous posts on here would suggest that Ottoville s success this year would depend on how their guard play would step up..even more so with Kaufman going down ...that has happened and a HUGE reason for that is coaching ...its called chemistry and it takes someone special to bring a GROUP together to accomplish great things ..so when it comes to INDIVIDUAL awards ..let's give credit where credit is due ...Honestly ..if I was a player I would take that state trophy with my team over any individual award ...anyday ...

Ya that is pretty much right on. Couldn't agree more.

#19 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

But.......does Kleman have that championship trophy....which some will say measures a great coach.....and I don't mean PCL championship!!!!!

#20 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

View Postflounder, on 11 February 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

But.......does Kleman have that championship trophy....which some will say measures a great coach.....and I don't mean PCL championship!!!!!

Flounder why you ask a question that you already know the answer to buddy? lol

Anyways, It's irrelevant if you ask me. Too many people use that to justify a great coach. I think it's tough to measure coaches. There are different scenarios that come to mind. I don't think you have to win championships to be considered great, some could just use the argument well they (coaches) were just surrounded by a good team. Kleman has had some close calls at winning a couple but fell just short. If you ask me, I think he deserves to be in the discussion.

Edited by Mysterio, 11 February 2013 - 10:45 AM.

No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users