Waynesfield Goshen Again

45 replies to this topic

#21 WG parents

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Member No.: 9782

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

View PostBlue and Gold, on 26 January 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

I said, "so our current JV Boys coach may have been met with some pushback because he is related to a player on the team." and WG Support said, "However, to say the only reason a coach isn't hired is because he has relation on the team is horrible." Interesting interpretation there...not exactly what I said. Also, and I am not trying to imply that Coach Hollar wouldn't be a good Varsity Girls coach, it is very different to coach a single grade of athletes vs. a high school group of athletes. Comparison not valid.

WG Parents...Ludacris is an American rapper with his own record label called Disturbing tha Peace. Ludicrous is an adjective meaning causing laughter because of absurdity. Which did you mean?

Second option.

#22 WGsupport

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Member No.: 9588

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to attack a specific player. Just going off what other people are talking about after games when I speak with them, and from what I see.

Didn't this coach come from Allen East where he was the JV coach? Why wasn't he hired to fill there open position. I've talked to people there they wanted nothing to do with him yet we bring him in.

#23 cameroncrazie90

All District

• Members
  • 251 posts

Member No.: 6183

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

People like "WG Support" and their groupies are probably the reason Waynesfield can't keep a coach and only had three applicants for their girls job. You sure don't create an environment that I'd want to coach at...

#24 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:38 PM

Again, you can only hire people who are interested. If there is a small number, than you get what you get. The BEST way to go is to hire a teacher on staff. Someone in the building who sees the kids all day. Many teachers don't want or need supplemental contracts, so we have more non staff coaches than ever.

#25 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Member No.: 9596

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:07 PM

View PostWGsupport, on 27 January 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

Didn't this coach come from Allen East where he was the JV coach? Why wasn't he hired to fill there open position. I've talked to people there they wanted nothing to do with him yet we bring him in.
If that was the case with everything in this great world nobody would have a job? Just remember to have the attitude that there's another loss around the corner and you'll be fine. If you win it's a bonus.

#26 WGsupport

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

View Postcameroncrazie90, on 27 January 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

People like "WG Support" and their groupies are probably the reason Waynesfield can't keep a coach and only had three applicants for their girls job. You sure don't create an environment that I'd want to coach at...

There was more than 3 applicant, they interviewed 3

#27 cameroncrazie90

All District

• Members
  • 251 posts

Member No.: 6183

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:22 PM

Regardless of the number of applicants people like you are the poison to any school's hopes of having a decent athletic program/team.

#28 WGsupport

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:08 PM

View Postcameroncrazie90, on 27 January 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

Regardless of the number of applicants people like you are the poison to any school's hopes of having a decent athletic program/team.

Should high school athletics be a teaching opportunity for the kids? Then how do tell kids who work hard during games, and more than likely practice that it doesn't matter somebody else is playing who doesn't work as hard and is always around the coach? This is problem with school athletics. Wanting kids that work hard to be rewarded with playing time is not wrong and needs to be addressed. That is what will make your teams successful. Just listen to Marion Locals football coach, he doesn't have to worry about his kids, they work hard and nobody tells them how great they are. They don't play because of who they are or who mom and dad are, they work. You are setting those kids up for failure in life, both of them because the kid that works hard and gets nothing out of it loses that drive, and the kid that doesn't work and plays more doesn't learn how to work.

#29 BOB

All State

• Members
  • 646 posts

Member No.: 501

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:49 PM

Are you really comapring the kids walking the halls at marion local with the kids at waynesfield? You have to have talent.

#30 WGsupport

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:59 PM

View PostBOB, on 28 January 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

Are you really comapring the kids walking the halls at marion local with the kids at waynesfield? You have to have talent.

No I'm not comparing the two, just making a point that work ethic is rewarded, not favorites.

#31 Sportsjock

All League

• Members
  • 20 posts

Member No.: 9085

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:08 PM

If I'm not mistaken isn't marion locals football coach related to WG Girls coach??

#32 WGsupport

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

View PostSportsjock, on 28 January 2015 - 07:08 PM, said:

If I'm not mistaken isn't marion locals football coach related to WG Girls coach??

Yes he is, which makes the fact that he didn't get the AE job more questionable, his grandfather was Goodwin.

#33 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:53 PM

View Postcameroncrazie90, on 27 January 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

In defense of WG most school boards are part of the poison also.

#34 zerodrama

All League

• Members
  • 30 posts

Member No.: 9576

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

You talk about work ethic...where is the work ethic in basketball out of season???

The coach will be fine if you will let him coach, let the players play....and have an expectation of your daughter to do what the coach tells her. Don't tell her he doesn't know what he is doing, or he is in over his head. That is a negative that doesn't need to be given.

Build them up, encourage them to play in the summer, practice year round. Teach them how to handle adversity vs. giving them the easy way out...quit, or crap on the coach.

#35 bvcgrad

All District

• Members
  • 400 posts

Member No.: 2973

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

After seeing one of the girls who transfered out play earlier this year, seems like the program may be heading in the right direction . Getting rid of all the parents and kids with a sense of entitlement is a great start .

#36 zerodrama

All League

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

View Postbvcgrad, on 12 February 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

After seeing one of the girls who transfered out play earlier this year, seems like the program may be heading in the right direction . Getting rid of all the parents and kids with a sense of entitlement is a great start .

View Postbvcgrad, on 12 February 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

Are you saying the girls that left had a sense of entitlement???? They were starters and were winning...
doesn't make any sense.

#37 zerodrama

All League

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

Parents just always insert themselves. They don't like anyone yelling at their kids. No matter what. They will complain to the AD, school board, or just anyone that will listen. Coaches in today's game don't last long due to parent over involvement.

If you hope your kid is going to play at the next level...grow some thick skin now and let the HS coach do what he needs to do to prepare your kid. At the next level, that coach is going to rip a new one, and not use all the PC language that a HS coach is supposed to use. They are going to say what ever they want to say...watch Rick Pitino, Thad Matta, read lips at all???? Some of you parents would be charging the floor after them if they talked to your kid.

Skill set, what is your child's ability??? Do they work at the game and their skill, or just pick it up before the season starts and then expect to play alot???

Parents want a coach to come in and make there school team a winner! To build a good thogram a coach will need 5-6 years. Most don't get 3-4. The parents want the winner now...but don't make the player accountable for anything like team camp, open gym, weight lifting, conditioning. Heck, let the kid skip practice the night before a game to go to OSU basketball game, and then be ticked when he/she doesn't play the next night, and call the school board member and complain....yea, makes sense to me.

AD's need to have a stiff backbone and tell parents to stay out of the program. No interference rule for parents.
If the coach is out of line, trust the Administration to act on that through evaluations...want to have a winner? There is a small plan...when you hear another parent complaining about the coach, tell them to stop, you don't want to hear it. Tell them you think the coach is doing a good job!

#38 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:11 PM

View Postzerodrama, on 12 February 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

Coaches in today's game don't last long due to parent over involvement.

Has Dick Kortokrax coached varsity boys basketball longer than all the other current PCL boys coaches combined?

#39 zerodrama

All League

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:24 PM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 12 February 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

Has Dick Kortokrax coached varsity boys basketball longer than all the other current PCL boys coaches combined?

Yes, and he says what needs to be said. He does not listen to parents, never has, never will. Does it his way. Built a program, and the program is strong. I don't think we are talking about the Dick Kortokrax type coaches here on this thread.

#40 bvcgrad

All District

• Members
  • 400 posts

Member No.: 2973

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

View Postzerodrama, on 12 February 2015 - 09:03 PM, said:

Are you saying the girls that left had a sense of entitlement???? They were starters and were winning...
doesn't make any sense.
I am saying those are not the type of girls I would want leading my program .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users