Ottoville basketball

316 replies to this topic

#61 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:19 PM

I am guessing basketballstud is not much into moral victories, but the Big Green played one of the best d3 teams in the state tonight at Wayne Trace. Final was WT 67- OV 59

#62 basketballstud

All District

• Members
  • 368 posts

Member No.: 9379

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:56 PM

Maltese Falcon, on 24 February 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

I am guessing basketballstud is not much into moral victories, but the Big Green played one of the best d3 teams in the state tonight at Wayne Trace. Final was WT 67- OV 59
i do like moral victories. I also was at the game tonight. Very good loss for the Big Green. Down 19 and fought back to 4points with a stellar performance by the Bendele kid. 6 3's. Having the kid that quit and Moorman kid missing cause sick for the team to play well and hold Linder to under 15. Impressive but we have no talent right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#63 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Member No.: 9596

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:19 PM

Sounds like coach Turnwald had the boys ready for the game. Good luck to the Big Green against P-G. Hope to see a Continental/Ottoville sectional final game Friday night.

#64 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:32 PM

General Tso, on 24 February 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

Sounds like coach Turnwald had the boys ready for the game. Good luck to the Big Green against P-G. Hope to see a Continental/Ottoville sectional final game Friday night.

Very impressive, but I am sure the players could not have done it all without the guidance of a pretty good coach......long live the Big Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#65 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:32 PM

General Tso, on 24 February 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

Tso.........

Your Continental boys seem to be coming together as a team!!!!

#66 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:50 AM

Do the Big Green open up tourney play tonight......if so, I may attend.....where you sitting 'stud'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#67 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:32 AM

Ottoville takes on PCL champ Pandora-Gilboa Wed. 3/1 at OG, 6:15 start

#68 neutronman

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Member No.: 5002

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

Hmmm. Wonder what the negative comments are going to be now about ottoville basketball. Seems only a few fans quit on the team. Great win

#69 basketballstud

All District

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

neutronman, on 01 March 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

Hmmm. Wonder what the negative comments are going to be now about ottoville basketball. Seems only a few fans quit on the team. Great win
Correction Neuteredman. I don't think any fans quit on team.

#70 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Member No.: 9596

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:07 AM

General Tso, on 11 February 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

I made the trip down to the Heckman and it was a bad first half of shooting that turned out to be the difference. Those passes created some good looks that didn't fall. If a couple of those went in then it's a different game. If I remember right the Big Green outscored us 26-20 in the second half so I would say TT didn't quit on the kids. Earlier in the season we had some fans whining about our coach also. I was hoping for a PCL championship but it was not to be. I accept this and I give credit to the teams that we played rather than blaming the coach. Good luck Green. Maybe we'll see you in the tournament.
My "maybe we'll see you in the tournament" turned into definitely. Man am I good.

#71 paperboy

All State

• Members
  • 508 posts

Member No.: 544

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

Basketballstud starting a thread to bash a coach = quitting on the team. When was the last time a team benefitted from something like this? Obviously Turnwald can coach and it sounds like the kids - the ones that didn't quit, that is - are buying in. Good for them.

#72 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

paperboy, on 02 March 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Basketballstud starting a thread to bash a coach = quitting on the team. When was the last time a team benefitted from something like this? Obviously Turnwald can coach and it sounds like the kids - the ones that didn't quit, that is - are buying in. Good for them.

I hope everything improves at Ottoville. Six more wins this year than last, so far. They need more players so they can field jv/v teams. Good luck....

#73 basketballstud

All District

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

paperboy, on 02 March 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Papergirl? I started a thread to bash the coach. However you want to spin that and make your self feel better. Good luck to you and your comprehension.

#74 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:22 PM

basketballstud, on 02 March 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

Papergirl? I started a thread to bash the coach. However you want to spin that and make your self feel better. Good luck to you and your comprehension.

studly......

What's up with the attitude....kind of reminds me of the quitting attitude....Ottoville pulled off a major victory last night and I bet you were steamed coming out of the gym....maybe you weren't even there.....I think Todd has the team playing and it is pretty certain that he did not quit on the team nor did the team quit on him.....keep it going Todd Turnwald....you have the Big Green heading in the right direction.....you have a great chance against Conti!!!!!!!!!!

#75 Outspoken

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,187 posts

Member No.: 243

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

Basketball stud, enough on the TT bashing. Todd is a classy dude who knows way more about hoops than you give him credit for. Your act is tired. If you're a true Big Green fan and/or alum, you will get behind the kids and the coach and support them. For crying out loud, Ottoville is not overly talented and limited with numbers like many D4 schools. It goes in cycles in small schools. I hear there are good things coming. Please just relax. If you can't do anything but complain, keep it to yourself. The negativity is not what the team needs right now.....they have a chance to get to Districts.

#76 basketballstud

All District

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

flounder, on 02 March 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

studly......

What's up with the attitude....kind of reminds me of the quitting attitude....Ottoville pulled off a major victory last night and I bet you were steamed coming out of the gym....maybe you weren't even there.....I think Todd has the team playing and it is pretty certain that he did not quit on the team nor did the team quit on him.....keep it going Todd Turnwald....you have the Big Green heading in the right direction.....you have a great chance against Conti!!!!!!!!!!
Flounder,

NO Attitude but I was there and incredible happy for the Kids. Yep the last 2 games Todd definitely came in ready and the boys played hard. I mean Wow! What an Upset. PCL champs. Don't get me wrong I Love Ottoville and Basketball. I just believe it's time for Todd to move on. IMO. Maybe wrong maybe right. Who knows. But I've said since the beginning to people that this team will do good

Edited by basketballstud, 02 March 2017 - 09:53 PM.

#77 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

basketballstud, on 02 March 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

Flounder,

NO Attitude but I was there and incredible happy for the Kids. Yep the last 2 games Todd definitely came in ready and the boys played hard. I mean Wow! What an Upset. PCL champs. Don't get me wrong I Love Ottoville and Basketball. I just believe it's time for Todd to move on. IMO. Maybe wrong maybe right. Who knows. But I've said since the beginning to people that this team will do good

stud.....

I loved your reply....you know stud that even though I am a DSJ fan I have always been a bit disappointed about the Big Green....I mean you have had some pretty good teams over the years, but just never seem to finish it off.....and the attitudes of some of your athletes.....I will quit there because I hate to hit on the kids......but you must admit that kids quitting because of discipline just doesn't cut it......I know you probably won't agree with me on this, but Kids need discipline....maybe now more than ever...I wish your Big Green luck down the tourney trail and hope you have a great time and enjoy following your Green......high school sports is the ultimatum!!!!!!!!!

#78 Politics

• Members
  • 11 posts

Member No.: 9909

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:57 PM

Until you have played for TD or had a son play for him you know nothing! He is Drama with a capital D. And plays his favorites! It's who you know what ass you kiss!! It's pathetic that basketball has to be like this! PATHETIC!

#79 Casual_fan

All District

• Members
  • 108 posts

Member No.: 9259

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

It isnt just basketball that coaches are screwing over and lying to the kids.

#80 Politics

• Members
  • 11 posts

Member No.: 9909

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

Casual_fan, on 29 March 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

It isnt just basketball that coaches are screwing over and lying to the kids.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users