#22 Pantherbuff

All District

• Members
  • 208 posts

Member No.: 5868

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostBlueJay, on 28 October 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

How is Leipsic's field?
Friday night game with McComb, the field started out pretty nice, but by the end of the night, there where spots of the field that where sloppey!!!!!

#23 Buckshot

All District

• Members
  • 318 posts

Member No.: 6461

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

How is Leipsic's field?
Leipsic did not play at home week nine, but did play McComb at home this past Friday. I know the people who installed the scoreboard this past week commented the field was in better shape than other fields in NW ohio. Needs work beween the 30 yard line hashes. Think they are going to roll the field Monday. Was some talk about approaching PH to use their field. PH did not play at home week 9 or 10 and will be onthe road to Northwood. I would say the PH field would be a long shot.

#24 dw629

All State

• Members
  • 827 posts

Member No.: 5046

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Here is some clips from last year's game, I know Leipsic has a lot of the same skilled guys but much different up front. You can see on here the two things that killed Leipsic last year not being able to score when they got in the red zone and also defending the pass. Lost last year 28-20 if they can't find a way to score when they get deep in DSJ territory expect the same result but maybe by 2+ TDs, if they can find a way to finish drives expect this game to go to the wire.

#25 TheVanillaBum

All District

• Members
  • 122 posts

Member No.: 9254

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

How is Leipsic's field?
Well, after the game friday night, it wasn't in too great shape (the field itself), in fact a Leipsic man was "politely" telling the fans to get off the field so they wouldn't ruin it. Probably a little bitterness behind that one considering the team was in the middle of the field with cleats, not sure how much more damage the fans would have done. It ought to be interesting to see if they get the field back in shape. I think Leipsic goes from 8-0 to 8-3 this year.

#26 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Member No.: 4104

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

I think Leipsic gets revenge on last year's game in a game they could have very easily won. Even though Leipsic lost to LB and McComb, they were both close games, and I still have them as my D6 pick for state. If not them, then possibly McComb.

DSJ surely won't make it easy on them though. DSJ can win the game if they just don't turn the ball over and are mildly successful through the air.

#27 BlueJay

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,786 posts

Member No.: 4123

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

:rolleyes:

'97, '98, '99, '05, '08, '10 Division VI State Champions

#28 osufan512

All District

• Members
  • 416 posts

Member No.: 3727

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

DSJ 28
Leipsic 14

#29 PHDigger

All District

• Members
  • 249 posts

Member No.: 2947

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

This is the most interesting matchup around as I see it. Close to home too so hopefully I can make the game.

#30 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

View Postjeffcat-bucki, on 28 October 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

I think Leipsic gets revenge on last year's game in a game they could have very easily won. Even though Leipsic lost to LB and McComb, they were both close games, and I still have them as my D6 pick for state. If not them, then possibly McComb.

DSJ surely won't make it easy on them though. DSJ can win the game if they just don't turn the ball over and are mildly successful through the air.

So Bucki....who do you have.....I can't really tell by your last post......it seems that either team will win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#31 Whiterabbit

All District

• Members
  • 388 posts

Member No.: 6146

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Good luck to Leipsic Vikings

#32 BlueJay

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,786 posts

Member No.: 4123

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

View Postflounder, on 29 October 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

So Bucki....who do you have.....I can't really tell by your last post......it seems that either team will win!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I found a post on an old site from 2005 regarding the Steubenville Catholic Central game saying "I really hope SCC wins it." :D good to see Bucki has always had that jealousy.

'97, '98, '99, '05, '08, '10 Division VI State Champions

#33 Bluetiger76

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,803 posts

Member No.: 9020

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Good luck Vikes! Everyone wearing blue Friday night won't be pulling for DSJ.

#34 redbird

All State

• Members
  • 549 posts

Member No.: 5414

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

I would love to see the Vikings win this game, but I don't think they have the horses this year., As I quoted in past posts, I said the winner of the LB and McComb game would win the BVC That was the case. I predicted LB would beat Leipsic. That happened. And I thought McComb would beat Leipsic. That happened. I received a lot of "feedback"from Viking fans, but I really think Leipsic's year was last year. I hope I am wrong but I see the "Jays winning, 24-13.Good Luck Vikes! I think the team to advance from this region will be McComb. They've impressed me more than the other 7 teams.

#35 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Good Luck Leipsic, I would love to see this game..but OG plays on the same night. I agree with Redbird, Leipsic is not quite as good as they were last year, but I'm not sure that DSJ is either. No matter what, the outcome will not be determined on last year's record and anything can happen in one game.

#36 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

View Postflounder, on 29 October 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

You can't tell? :huh:

#37 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

View PostBlueJay, on 29 October 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

I found a post on an old site from 2005 regarding the Steubenville Catholic Central game saying "I really hope SCC wins it." :D good to see Bucki has always had that jealousy.

I love how any time that somebody makes a claim that somebody might beat DSJ, it's ultimately somebody just being jealous. How dare they! :rolleyes:

The fact of the matter is Leipsic has a nice team this year and lost to 2 good teams in LB and McComb in close games. Leipsic nearly beat and very easily COULD HAVE won last year vs. DSJ last year....a DSJ team that in my opinion was a better team than the team this year. Put 2 and 2 together. You make it sound like it's some out of this world selection when anybody picks a team over DSJ or any other MAC school for that matter. :pav:

#38 brando63

All District

• Members
  • 457 posts

Member No.: 1721

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

I have not witnessed the Jays play this year so my comments should be taken lightly and there is a lot of hearsay involved with them. That being said St. John needs to limit the number of turnovers they allow to at max 2 or else their odds of winning this game drops from slim to none. This is a St. John team that reminds me a little of the 2005 team which could run the ball for days but passing is an adventure. And unlike that team in 2005 the running attack has 1 MAYBE a second threat but it stops there, '05 team was very deep and had multiple 1500+ year rushers. I have also heard that this team seems to be missing something from the DSJ teams of the past. If history means anything, and I doubt it does, St. John should be favored because they have only lost once to a non-MAC school in the Division 6 playoffs (2009 state championship).
With my lack of absolute knowledge I am going to agree with Jeffcat and will probably lose this game by a td or 2. St. John needs to execute in all aspects to win this game.
If St. John wins, I'll eat my crow. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong on something and certainly will not be the last.
Learn how to work!

#39 calvert_alum

All District

• Members
  • 375 posts

Member No.: 9075

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

LOL at the plain dealer picking the Arlington over McComb as their upset special http://highschoolspo...012-postseason/
follow me on twitter @EKastner24

#40 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

View Postbrando63, on 29 October 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

I have not witnessed the Jays play this year so my comments should be taken lightly and there is a lot of hearsay involved with them. That being said St. John needs to limit the number of turnovers they allow to at max 2 or else their odds of winning this game drops from slim to none. This is a St. John team that reminds me a little of the 2005 team which could run the ball for days but passing is an adventure. And unlike that team in 2005 the running attack has 1 MAYBE a second threat but it stops there, '05 team was very deep and had multiple 1500+ year rushers. I have also heard that this team seems to be missing something from the DSJ teams of the past. If history means anything, and I doubt it does, St. John should be favored because they have only lost once to a non-MAC school in the Division 6 playoffs (2009 state championship).
With my lack of absolute knowledge I am going to agree with Jeffcat and will probably lose this game by a td or 2. St. John needs to execute in all aspects to win this game.
If St. John wins, I'll eat my crow. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong on something and certainly will not be the last.

I agree completely. Turnovers have been a big problem for them and they ultimately cost them the game vs. Minster. I'm not saying they will be blown out or they have no chance of winning. I fully expect a nail biter, but I just think Leipsic pulls it out, but wouldn't be the least bit surprised either if DSJ won if they limit turnovers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users