Jump to content



Arlington @ Leipsic - Wk11


63 replies to this topic

#1 Bluetiger76

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 2,803 posts

    Joined: 01-September 11
    Member No.: 9020

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:45 AM

Both teams roll into week 11 with a 5-5 record; Leipsic with an emotional wk10 (33-31) win over Hopewell-Loudon and Arlington with a 28-0 shutout of Cory-Rawson.

Leipsic won the 10/16 regular season cross-over game by a score of 22-7. That game as well as the wk11 game was and will be at Leipsic.

Arlington has been banged up all season, are they healthier now? Who wins and why? Which one wants a rematch with the Panthers?


#2 Northwestsports

    All State

  • Members
  • 692 posts

    Joined: 03-September 08
    Member No.: 3767
  • Location:Out on the Ridge

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:38 AM

Going with Leipsic to win this one might be closer than reg season game but I still think they get it done on their home field.
Working on the Chain Gang

#3 Irish Viking 87

    All District

  • Members
  • 433 posts

    Joined: 03-November 13
    Member No.: 9522

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:44 PM

Leipsic won the first game without scoring an offensive touchdown, two INT's and a kickoff returned for scores. It was an ugly game. 11 turnovers total(6 for the Devils, 5 for the Vikes) There were 4 offensive touchdowns called back by penalty(the officiating crew was the worst I've seen in a long time for both teams) Arlington's senior QB is lost for the year I believe with a broken ankle. Leipsic lost a senior linebacker for the year do to concussions but got another senior LB back from suspension last night. Not sure about the health of the rest of the Red Devils, but Leipsic is probably as healthy as they have been all year.

And finally, there was a fight in the week 8 game with a Leipsic player being ejected. I hope both teams leave that in the locker room and play a clean injury free game. Good luck to the Devils, see you Friday, and GO VIKES!

Edited by Irish Viking 87, 31 October 2015 - 02:45 PM.


#4 WebFire

    All District

  • Members
  • 137 posts

    Joined: 05-March 08
    Member No.: 3447

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:53 PM

Never thought I'd see the day where a 5-5 BVC team made the playoffs. :huh:
2010 BVC Pick 'Em Co-Champ

#5 Bluetiger76

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 2,803 posts

    Joined: 01-September 11
    Member No.: 9020

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:00 PM

 WebFire, on 02 November 2015 - 02:53 PM, said:

Never thought I'd see the day where a 5-5 BVC team made the playoffs. :huh:
Acutally..........the following also made the playoffs:

- Cleveland Hts. (Division 1 Region 1) at 4-5
- Convoy Crestview (Division 7 Region 24) at 4-6
- Shadyside (Division 7 Region 25) at 4-6

#6 WebFire

    All District

  • Members
  • 137 posts

    Joined: 05-March 08
    Member No.: 3447

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:12 PM

 Bluetiger76, on 02 November 2015 - 04:00 PM, said:

Acutally..........the following also made the playoffs:

- Cleveland Hts. (Division 1 Region 1) at 4-5
- Convoy Crestview (Division 7 Region 24) at 4-6
- Shadyside (Division 7 Region 25) at 4-6

Keyword was BVC...
2010 BVC Pick 'Em Co-Champ

#7 BlueJay

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 4,786 posts

    Joined: 01-November 08
    Member No.: 4123

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:30 PM

If Shadyside was as bad as they were when they were 9-1 in 2010, imagine how awful they are now at 4-6

'97, '98, '99, '05, '08, '10 Division VI State Champions


#8 Bluetiger76

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 2,803 posts

    Joined: 01-September 11
    Member No.: 9020

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:51 PM

 BlueJay, on 02 November 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

If Shadyside was as bad as they were when they were 9-1 in 2010, imagine how awful they are now at 4-6
True.

#9 Bluetiger76

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 2,803 posts

    Joined: 01-September 11
    Member No.: 9020

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:52 PM

 WebFire, on 02 November 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

Keyword was BVC...
.......just pointing out how the bar has lowered.

#10 Bluetiger76

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 2,803 posts

    Joined: 01-September 11
    Member No.: 9020

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:53 PM

 WebFire, on 02 November 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

Keyword was BVC...
and for the record.....Leipsic made it last year at 5-5

#11 ADog

    Stinkys Legend

  • Members
  • 7,742 posts

    Joined: 05-March 06
    Member No.: 614
  • Location:Bulldog Country

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:25 PM

 BlueJay, on 02 November 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

If Shadyside was as bad as they were when they were 9-1 in 2010, imagine how awful they are now at 4-6
BUT, IF Shadyside was in Region 24, their 4-6 would have earned them a home game

#12 Bluetiger76

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 2,803 posts

    Joined: 01-September 11
    Member No.: 9020

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:15 PM

 ADog, on 02 November 2015 - 06:25 PM, said:

BUT, IF Shadyside was in Region 24, their 4-6 would have earned them a home game
Ouch....the bar just dropped again.

#13 3rd & Long

    All District

  • Members
  • 149 posts

    Joined: 25-August 14
    Member No.: 9680

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:40 PM

Whoever wins this game is still going to finish .500 b/c of the week 12 matchup with McComb. Either way there's a lot wrong with the BVC. A team that beats (Arlington (Down year), Vanlue, HL (Injured), PG, and N. Baltimore) as their only wins of the season shouldn't be hosting a game. Likewise with Arlington with wins over (CR, Arcadia, Riverdale, HL (Monsoon game), and Anna (3-7)) should never be a playoff team. I mean they got in the playoffs beating teams with a combined 10-30 record and finished 5th! Not to mention the fact that we have 2 league champions with one (McComb) dominating the other (VB). Oh well, both get trophies that say "Champions" on it.

#14 Irish Viking 87

    All District

  • Members
  • 433 posts

    Joined: 03-November 13
    Member No.: 9522

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:50 PM

 3rd & Long, on 04 November 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

Whoever wins this game is still going to finish .500 b/c of the week 12 matchup with McComb. Either way there's a lot wrong with the BVC. A team that beats (Arlington (Down year), Vanlue, HL (Injured), PG, and N. Baltimore) as their only wins of the season shouldn't be hosting a game. Likewise with Arlington with wins over (CR, Arcadia, Riverdale, HL (Monsoon game), and Anna (3-7)) should never be a playoff team. I mean they got in the playoffs beating teams with a combined 10-30 record and finished 5th! Not to mention the fact that we have 2 league champions with one (McComb) dominating the other (VB). Oh well, both get trophies that say "Champions" on it.
And the teams that Leipsic lost to finished a combined 37-13 and all but Van Buren (who was probably the hottest team in the league at the end of the year) were state ranked when they played them. Granted Grove & LB. fell off but none the less, they were playing very good football when Leipsic played them. Also one team is D5, three teams are D6, and one team finished ranked 4th in the state in D7. I'm not making excuses for their record, just stating facts. I, more than anyone, would of liked to see a few more wins.

Also, I'm not sure how the teams that Arlington beat finished a combined 10-30 record when the Devils won 5 games.

Don't blame the teams that got in or where the finished. They did what they had to do with the system that is in place. The two divisions in the BVC are the direct reason the league has 4 teams in this year and got 6 teams in last year. The longer a team plays each year, the better the program (and league) becomes.

#15 Bluetiger76

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 2,803 posts

    Joined: 01-September 11
    Member No.: 9020

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:31 PM

 Irish Viking 87, on 04 November 2015 - 07:50 PM, said:


Also, I'm not sure how the teams that Arlington beat finished a combined 10-30 record when the Devils won 5 games.

more like 16-34

#16 Bluetiger76

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 2,803 posts

    Joined: 01-September 11
    Member No.: 9020

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:34 PM

 Irish Viking 87, on 04 November 2015 - 07:50 PM, said:


Don't blame the teams that got in or where the finished. They did what they had to do with the system that is in place. The two divisions in the BVC are the direct reason the league has 4 teams in this year and got 6 teams in last year. The longer a team plays each year, the better the program (and league) becomes.
Good post IV-87

#17 Bluetiger76

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 2,803 posts

    Joined: 01-September 11
    Member No.: 9020

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:39 PM

 Irish Viking 87, on 04 November 2015 - 07:50 PM, said:

I'm not making excuses for their record, just stating facts.
Another fact is: 9 of the 10 teams Leipsic played was .500 or better.

#18 3rd & Long

    All District

  • Members
  • 149 posts

    Joined: 25-August 14
    Member No.: 9680

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

 Bluetiger76, on 04 November 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

more like 16-34

Sorry forgot to include Hopewell..... Regardless the point is that neither of these teams beat anyone that warrants them getting into the playoffs. As far as the "this team played 9 of 10 teams with a .500 or better record", the point is they lost those games. The games that they did win were over teams like North Baltimore (who beat no one) and Pandora (Who beat no one) HL (Injured). Neither team had a signature win this season over anyone. I totally agree that they did what they needed to do to get in and I want to be clear that I'm not knocking either team's accomplishment b/c I want to see as many BVC teams in the playoffs as possible. I just feel like you need to earn the right to get in and not have it handed to you.

#19 Bluetiger76

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 2,803 posts

    Joined: 01-September 11
    Member No.: 9020

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:14 AM

 3rd & Long, on 05 November 2015 - 10:47 AM, said:

Sorry forgot to include Hopewell..... Regardless the point is that neither of these teams beat anyone that warrants them getting into the playoffs. As far as the "this team played 9 of 10 teams with a .500 or better record", the point is they lost those games. The games that they did win were over teams like North Baltimore (who beat no one) and Pandora (Who beat no one) HL (Injured). Neither team had a signature win this season over anyone. I totally agree that they did what they needed to do to get in and I want to be clear that I'm not knocking either team's accomplishment b/c I want to see as many BVC teams in the playoffs as possible. I just feel like you need to earn the right to get in and not have it handed to you.
I totally get where your coming from 3rd, and agree with most of what you are say'n. The whole thing boils down to how diluted the playoffs have become now with 7 divisions. From 3 to 7 since 1979:

I believe this correct:
1979 - 3 Divisions
1980 to 1993 - 5 Divisions
1994 to 2012 - 6 Divisions
2013 to current - 7 Divisions

Its kinda like the current scenario of the college bowl season. I remember when there were a few college bowl games. Now there are 30+ and they start so early (this year Dec 19th). You have match ups of two 6-6 teams in some games.

But hey, I watch'm though.

Edited by Bluetiger76, 05 November 2015 - 11:16 AM.


#20 Shotgun_Blues

    All League

  • Members
  • 86 posts

    Joined: 29-September 12
    Member No.: 9309

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:34 PM

 3rd & Long, on 04 November 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

Whoever wins this game is still going to finish .500 b/c of the week 12 matchup with McComb. Either way there's a lot wrong with the BVC.

Agreed... 6 wins still makes you a very average "B" team BVC Much like the other 6 win BVC team this year...

With all that was wrong with the current state of the BVC don't forget which schools drove it down it's current path,
Pretty sure that wasn't Arlington or Leipsic

And lets be honest there are only two BVC teams that have any credibility in the playoffs,
and it's not Arlington,Van Buren, Leipsic, or Liberty...



And Back to the actual topic before it got hijacked...I totally agree with you Irish Viking 87, I hope to see both teams play a clean injury free game as well. Thanks for letting us come to visit again :)
Good luck to your Vikings
and
Go Devils!!!

Edited by Shotgun_Blues, 05 November 2015 - 02:41 PM.

Not sure which is dumber... An idiot or one who argues with an idiot!







1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users