Please fire Romeo Crennel

28 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Gumshoe_*

• Guests

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(Wally @ Oct 7 2007, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gumshoe-you act like you don't believe me. Here is a link to an article about it. http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=7474

I actually thought the Browns played pretty well today-take away the 4 turnovers-which I blame mostly on bad decisions by Anderson.
And why would a Bengals fan even have a response to that? Don't tell me you are one of those fans that don't care if the Bengals win or lose...as long as the Browns lose???? The Browns gave the Pats a much closer game AT NEW ENGLAND than the Bengals did on Monday night IN CINCINNATI!!!

Wally it's not that I don't believe you but I can't believe they would name him that given the fact that his defense is so pathetic and he is supposed to be such a great defensive whiz. We can't stop anyone on defense, they only stop themselves such as the Pats today. Chud has helped the offense improve despite DA's inability to read a defense. As fans we are looking for anything to hang our hats on and I'm sure Romeo had a super sub to celebrate his award. We need a fiery head coach to get the defense to tackle, not a big goof who stands on the sidelines and looks befuddled.

#22 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE(Wally @ Oct 7 2007, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And why would a Bengals fan even have a response to that? Don't tell me you are one of those fans that don't care if the Bengals win or lose...as long as the Browns lose???? The Browns gave the Pats a much closer game AT NEW ENGLAND than the Bengals did on Monday night IN CINCINNATI!!!

'CAUSE IT'S FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!

Uhhhhhh, yeah.......Do I care if the Bengals win or lose, yes, I do, but I am willing to accept that they are not going to have the season I invisioned due to their circumstances....And yeaaaaah, I am one of those that revels in each loss the Browns encounter! (I think ypou already know that about me!) I have since the early 80's (I've done a lot of revelling over the years! tongue.gif )

C'mon, wally! Lighten up & try to find a li'l humor in the situation, like gummy......Hope you're feeling better this morning..... biggrin.gif
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#23 Guest_Wally_*

• Guests

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE(slice slice baby @ Oct 8 2007, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And yeaaaaah, I am one of those that revels in each loss the Browns encounter! (I think ypou already know that about me!) I have since the early 80's (I've done a lot of revelling over the years! tongue.gif )

C'mon, wally! Lighten up & try to find a li'l humor in the situation, like gummy......Hope you're feeling better this morning..... biggrin.gif

Well, ya see-I usually hate Bengals fans that are like that. I suppose I could make an exception in your case...just cuz your so cute...

I am not really a Romeo Crennel fan...but then again, I don't want to think about having to hire another coach and go through all the changes that the Browns just went through..and it does seem like the team is improving. They do need some D-Line help-just plain short on talent there right now. I also am not really a Derek Anderson fan yet-he may grow on me-but I am not going to say we need to throw Quinn out there either.

#24 Guest_Gumshoe_*

• Guests

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:04 AM

Is he a genius or an idiot? 31-28 in Pittsburgh and a 5-4 record. Those are the facts. 2nd Half with no adjustments and an incredible foul up using two timeouts at the end of the game to review something he should already have known. Those timeouts, not having them, cost us the game at the end, when a 52 yard field goal was missed by five yards. Those are the facts.

Wally I do not believe the Browns are 5-4 because of Fat Albert. I believe they are 5-4 despite him. The good news is the schedule the rest of the way out is winable as long as someone stuffs Romeo's red flag deeper into his pocket and stuffs another donut into his mouth.

Happy but disgruntled.

#25 Johnny Quest

All League

• Members
  • 90 posts

Member No.: 1330

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:49 AM

The Head coach gets his info from guys up in the booth that are supposed to watch the replay and if they think it should be challenged they tell him if they think it should be reviewed. Yea, the extra timeouts could have helped at the end but the player that was called for holding on the last punt return is the one that ruined the last drive. That last flag moved them BACK about 28 or 29 yards. How many yards was he short on the last field goal attempt?

What I didn't like about the defense was the pass rush always spills to the outsides leaving the center of the field wide open. Ohio State got beat on Saturday with the same problem

#26 Guest_Gumshoe_*

• Guests

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE(Johnny Quest @ Nov 12 2007, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Head coach gets his info from guys up in the booth that are supposed to watch the replay and if they think it should be challenged they tell him if they think it should be reviewed. Yea, the extra timeouts could have helped at the end but the player that was called for holding on the last punt return is the one that ruined the last drive. That last flag moved them BACK about 28 or 29 yards. How many yards was he short on the last field goal attempt?

What I didn't like about the defense was the pass rush always spills to the outsides leaving the center of the field wide open. Ohio State got beat on Saturday with the same problem

I agree JQ but to call a timout to discuss this and then lose a 2nd timeout when overturned is what is wrong. If you just throw the red flag and lose you only lose one timeout. If it takes too long to come to that discision then who is in control. The loss of the second timeout cost them at least a down and potentially the ability to move the ball closer for a closer kick which they ultimately were in position to attempt despite the holding penalty. I also agree with you that the defense, again supposedly Romeo's strong suit, was as soft in the middle as a jelly donut. When BIG Ben can run for a 30 yard TD and pick up Third and Long time after time, something is wrong. Maybe Romeo should sub himself in to the middle of the D, at least he would take up some space, which is what he does on the sidelines. I am happy we are 5-4 but he is not a good head coach no matter how you slice it.

#27 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:28 PM

Romeo's stock keeps going higher......especially in Cleveland, and if they make the playoffs the Browns faithful will worship the ground he walks on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#28 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Member No.: 368

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

I think they need to worship the ground Derek Anderson throws from.....trade Quinn before he sees a snap and his value drops...
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#29 Guest_Gumshoe_*

• Guests

Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:48 AM

Okay at this point being 7-4 and barring a complete collapse they will make the playoffs. Here is the bad part for us longtime losing Browns fans. Now we can't fire him and we have two gonna be high priced QB's. One is playing awesome and Brady Quinn sitting as a first round draft pick.

First things first...You can't fire Romeo now. But please remember this is the same coach everyone wanted canned the last two years. What has changed this year? Not him but a competant Offensive Coordinator and a one QB system. He is still the same big goofball who stands on the sidelines looking confused but now doesn't seem as bad because they are winning. Can't fire him but please don't say it is because of him. This is the guy who wanted to flip a coin to see who started between Frye and Anderson.

Do not trade Brady Quinn. Let him sit and ride DA. Sign him to a one year contract or make him your protected player. Lets see what happens next year. Brady can compete for the job in training camp but keep both for the time being. Every team needs a decent backup and until you have to make a decision on one or the other, don't force it and do what the Falcons did when they gave away Schuab choosing Vick to be their franchise.

All of this is just another example of how dumb and easily led most "sports" fans and the media are. Last year everyone was killing Crennel and Anderson on the fansites and in the media. This year they are genius. Have they changed? No. the only thing that has changed is a solid offensive line and a solid offensive coordinator and the only question is which QB is better for the team in the long run and take all the time you need, (which is one more season) to make that decision. Romeo is the luckiest coach in the world next to Jim Tressel and I am happy about both.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users