What's the status with OG's Football Lockerroom?

38 replies to this topic

#21 Dakota Green

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,400 posts

Member No.: 4623

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

It seems like this thread and the lack of progress with this building has p***ed some people off. I too was under the impression that this building was to be completed prior to the start of the 2011 football season. The reason that I thought that was because that statement was conveyed by the "resident town clown" Jeff Loerke in his so called public address announcements during breaks of action during the 2010 football season. In summation I thought this project would have completed in time for the 2011 season, and I still think something is or was wrong with something and that something has to do with the financial part of the project.

#22 neutronman

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Member No.: 5002

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

victorian. I don't see why you even care. If they need to raise more money they will. if it is going to take until next season, it will. A non profit group who has wonderfully supported OG athletics has planned and funded this project. They very well may have planned on getting a loan but cannot at this time. Being on a board of a local nonprofit currently banks are only letting you borrow against funds you currently have in the bank. i.e. to borrow 100,000 they need to have 100,000 in an account. frankly, if the boosters were sitting on 300,000 to 400,000 to complete this project without borrowing money I would say that would have been a deservice to the athletic dept and those that have supported the boosters. You obviously have no idea how much time the boosters/jaycees put in to give back to OUR community.

#23 Winstoncup

All District

• Members
  • 166 posts

Member No.: 3303

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:51 AM

Vicky, what's the deal? Are you a scorned parent or former student who got cut from OG? This is a great thing the boosters are doing, regardless of how long it takes. You are just looking for stuff to complain about...move on and don't worry about it. The football program will be fine with or without your support......

#24 paynepanthers

All State

• Members
  • 589 posts

Member No.: 3270

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

View PostWinstoncup, on 19 November 2011 - 06:51 AM, said:

Vicky, what's the deal? Are you a scorned parent or former student who got cut from OG? This is a great thing the boosters are doing, regardless of how long it takes. You are just looking for stuff to complain about...move on and don't worry about it. The football program will be fine with or without your support......

While he is indeed a parent, he is most certainly not a scorned parent nor is he a former student who go cut from OG. Victorian's take on things often get's people riled up and that is part of the fun for him.

#25 Winstoncup

All District

• Members
  • 166 posts

Member No.: 3303

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

Your kid must play soccer! Or was cut..something.....

#26 GreenMachine

All State

• Members
  • 667 posts

Member No.: 5525

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:06 AM

View PostWinstoncup, on 20 November 2011 - 08:58 AM, said:

Your kid must play soccer! Or was cut..something.....
Now that there is funny.

#27 BeaverCleaver

All District

• Members
  • 187 posts

Member No.: 485

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

View Postpaynepanthers, on 19 November 2011 - 12:27 PM, said:

While he is indeed a parent, he is most certainly not a scorned parent nor is he a former student who go cut from OG. Victorian's take on things often get's people riled up and that is part of the fun for him.
I have to admit it. I enjoy reading Vic's view on things.
Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul!

#28 redskin rowdy

All State

• Members
  • 542 posts

Member No.: 9000

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:31 AM

Does anyone have any pictures?... where around the stadium is it being built

#29 The Owl

All District

• Members
  • 207 posts

Member No.: 9031

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

View Postredskin rowdy, on 21 November 2011 - 02:31 AM, said:

Does anyone have any pictures?... where around the stadium is it being built

The new building is just beyond the start/finish for the 100 meter spot on the track.

There were two garage/shed buildings there, that have been torn down with another rebuilt.

I also heard that MUCH of the work is being done by workers during their free time as a donation to help keep costs down. If people wanted it done quicker, perhaps they should have been part of the fundraising efforts and opened their own checkbooks if it bothers them that much.

Otherwise, I think its silly for any OG resident to whine about the pace of the building going up. You want to put your $0.02 in about what should be done? Go and be a part of the process of development and fundraising!

As to the effects of leaving windows, roofs etc. open to the elements, I'll leave that decision up to those who actually build things for a living. Doubt the concrete floors will be affected much, and as longs as there is no standing water anywhere within, I'd guess it shouldn't be a factor.

The place is a huge upgrade over what they currently have, and the residents should be proud to have it.

#30 yukon

All League

• Members
  • 31 posts

Member No.: 5996

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

from my hazy remembrances of Putnam County, if they just bring in a keg or two and a grill it should be done by Thanksgiving

#31 Guest_Victorian_*

• Guests

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:20 AM

View PostThe Owl, on 21 November 2011 - 12:29 PM, said:

The new building is just beyond the start/finish for the 100 meter spot on the track. There were two garage/shed buildings there, that have been torn down with another rebuilt. I also heard that MUCH of the work is being done by workers during their free time as a donation to help keep costs down. If people wanted it done quicker, perhaps they should have been part of the fundraising efforts and opened their own checkbooks if it bothers them that much. Otherwise, I think its silly for any OG resident to whine about the pace of the building going up. You want to put your $0.02 in about what should be done? Go and be a part of the process of development and fundraising! As to the effects of leaving windows, roofs etc. open to the elements, I'll leave that decision up to those who actually build things for a living. Doubt the concrete floors will be affected much, and as longs as there is no standing water anywhere within, I'd guess it shouldn't be a factor. The place is a huge upgrade over what they currently have, and the residents should be proud to have it.

If I ever see anybody there I'll stop and offer to help....

#32 Wilco98

All State

• Members
  • 867 posts

Member No.: 2616

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

View PostVictorian, on 22 November 2011 - 08:20 AM, said:

If you've got free time, offer to help, anyway. I'd be out there myself, if I lived closer and had the time to put in.
Coldwater Cavaliers--20 State Titles and Counting!!!!

#33 Mo-Problems

All State

• Members
  • 733 posts

Member No.: 3654

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

If it was my town, I'd be helping. Heck, I did it when we built our new Athletic Complex.
Posted Image
I'd rather shower at Penn State than root for Michigan.

#34 The Owl

All District

• Members
  • 207 posts

Member No.: 9031

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

View PostVictorian, on 22 November 2011 - 08:20 AM, said:

I'm guessing that the guys that are going to do all the interior work are going to do it in the winter when things slow down for construction companies and they have more free time. They are probably WORKING on projects that are contracted and fully paid right now.

I have seen guys there on Sundays, and after 7 pm.

Funny, the company is having their guys VOLUNTEER their time, saving the jaycees thousands of dollars, and some people still find something to complain about.

If you want to help, instead of whine on an anonymous message board, why don't you contact them and offer your oh-so-valuable services?

http://www.kuhlmanbuilders.com/

Get to work.

#35 Guest_Victorian_*

• Guests

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

Any word on if it will be ready for this fall?
I haven't seen any activity over the winter.

#36 country boy

All District

• Members
  • 248 posts

Member No.: 8998

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostVictorian, on 16 March 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

Any word on if it will be ready for this fall?
Why? so you can complain about something?

#37 LimaJock

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,830 posts

Member No.: 1673

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

View Postcountry boy, on 16 March 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Why? so you can complain about something?

See Vicky, you seem to enjoy pissing everyone off and see what it gets you. A nicer, kinder Vicky is a needed addition.

LJ
"I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong"

#38 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

the exterior is finished, the interior is still waiting for some funding and will most likely be completed sometime this football season (probably in October).

http://www.oghs.noac...m/homepage.html

#39 redskin rowdy

All State

• Members
  • 542 posts

Member No.: 9000

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 23 April 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

the exterior is finished, the interior is still waiting for some funding and will most likely be completed sometime this football season (probably in October).

http://www.oghs.noac...m/homepage.html
I am impressed, that place looks very nice!! Good for the O-G program

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users