Congrats Tbirds :)

'97, '98, '99, '05, '08, '10 Division VI State Champions

#302 osufan512

All District

• Members
  • 416 posts

Member No.: 3727

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

LCC doesn't recruit. I've said it a lot on here. Please someone tell me who LCC has recruited to come play football or any other sport. Then please take that info to the OHSAA so an official investigation into LCCs wrongdoings can be launched. Until you have any information and FACT, shut your mouth and deal with the fact that the make up of the communities are completely different. LCCs kids come from LIMA. It is LIMA Central Catholic. The city is much bigger than CG, Ada, Paulding, etc. I get that, it doesn't make them wrong though because the city is larger. It's just a different set of circumstances. Off the top of my head, I can think of three kids that came to LCC in the 9th grade, zero transferred in after 9th grade, and the rest went to one of the three Lima Catholic grade schools.

Edited by osufan512, 27 October 2012 - 07:34 AM.

#303 TheFalcon

All League

• Members
  • 89 posts

Member No.: 9189

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

Stay classy LCC
The humble hero is the one ignored.

#304 clutch

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Member No.: 2940

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostTheFalcon, on 27 October 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Stay classy LCC

Stay jealous falcon.

This happens every year. Lcc beats ada, ada fans get pissed and come on here and make excuses, attack lcc as a community and don't accept the fact they were beat by a better team. Say your congrats to both teams, lick your wounds and get ready for the playoffs. Your kids played a tough game....don't take away from that.
"You're a mess"

#305 BlueJay

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,786 posts

Member No.: 4123

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

View Postclutch, on 27 October 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

Stay jealous falcon.

This happens every year. Lcc beats ada, ada fans get pissed and come on here and make excuses, attack lcc as a community and don't accept the fact they were beat by a better team. Say your congrats to both teams, lick your wounds and get ready for the playoffs. Your kids played a tough game....don't take away from that.
Seems they do this with more teams then LCC. Hmmmm

#306 TheFan

All State

• Members
  • 744 posts

Member No.: 5321

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostBlueJay, on 27 October 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

Seems they do this with more teams then LCC. Hmmmm
So BlueJay... not much to brag about on the DSJ side this year huh????.... let me ask.... did you get invited or just decide to crash the LSCC bandwagon?

#307 BlueJay

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,786 posts

Member No.: 4123

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostTheFan, on 27 October 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

So BlueJay... not much to brag about on the DSJ side this year huh????.... let me ask.... did you get invited or just decide to crash the LSCC bandwagon?
There's always stuff to brag about at DSJ :) 6 State titles and a runners-up :)

And this year we're 6-4, 5th straight year in the playoffs, and our region doesn't really have much to offer aside from Leipsic, McComb and ourselves. Come back when your Bulldogs can actually get out of their region

LCC is always a good team. They're a team I respect and one of the only teams in the NWC who is out making a name for the conference.

Edited by BlueJay, 27 October 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#308 BOB

All State

• Members
  • 646 posts

Member No.: 501

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

bluejay- are they the only nwc team you respect or not?

#309 TheFan

All State

• Members
  • 744 posts

Member No.: 5321

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostBOB, on 27 October 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

bluejay- are they the only nwc team you respect or not?
You're wasting your time BOB!

#310 osufan512

All District

• Members
  • 416 posts

Member No.: 3727

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

I would bet DSJ makes it further in the playoffs this year than Ada.

#311 beechjet

All District

• Members
  • 187 posts

Member No.: 5339

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

View Postosufan512, on 27 October 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

LCC doesn't recruit. I've said it a lot on here. Please someone tell me who LCC has recruited to come play football or any other sport. Then please take that info to the OHSAA so an official investigation into LCCs wrongdoings can be launched. Until you have any information and FACT, shut your mouth...

I would like to address the topic of LCC and recriuting. Before I get into that I would like to congratulate the T-birds on their win. It was a good game and they came out on top. I'd also like to say that even though I can't stand Jerry Cooper, I spoke first hand with two of his assistant coaches after the game Friday and they were totally first class, gracious winners. I wish the T-birds nothing but the best as they enter their "second season" playoff run.

First of all let me state that I am not accusing LCC of recruiting at this moment. Do I believe that LCC has done it in the past? Yes I do. This opinion is based on a conversation I had about 5 years ago with a former head coach from LCC. I will not state his name nor what sport he coached, but he filled me in with great detail as to how LCC did this in his day. I did not bring this topic up with him, for whatever reason he volunteered all the information. I heard 2 examples of recruited players complete with names, dates, addresses etc. and how each case was successfully pulled off under the radar. The only upside to this confession was that these 2 instances happened several years ago.

Can I prove everything I just stated? No. Will people choose to dismiss this as bunk? Sure. But for what it's worth, my opinion on this topic is based on first hand information given to me from someone who was there. Again, I am not acusing LCC of recruiting at the present time, but my opinion is they have been guilty of it in their past.

#312 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

View Postbeechjet, on 28 October 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

I would like to address the topic of LCC and recriuting. Before I get into that I would like to congratulate the T-birds on their win. It was a good game and they came out on top. I'd also like to say that even though I can't stand Jerry Cooper, I spoke first hand with two of his assistant coaches after the game Friday and they were totally first class, gracious winners. I wish the T-birds nothing but the best as they enter their "second season" playoff run.

First of all let me state that I am not accusing LCC of recruiting at this moment. Do I believe that LCC has done it in the past? Yes I do. This opinion is based on a conversation I had about 5 years ago with a former head coach from LCC. I will not state his name nor what sport he coached, but he filled me in with great detail as to how LCC did this in his day. I did not bring this topic up with him, for whatever reason he volunteered all the information. I heard 2 examples of recruited players complete with names, dates, addresses etc. and how each case was successfully pulled off under the radar. The only upside to this confession was that these 2 instances happened several years ago.

Can I prove everything I just stated? No. Will people choose to dismiss this as bunk? Sure. But for what it's worth, my opinion on this topic is based on first hand information given to me from someone who was there. Again, I am not acusing LCC of recruiting at the present time, but my opinion is they have been guilty of it in their past.
This is such a silly argument because private schools HAVE to recruit, that's how they get their students. Parents CHOOSE to send their kids there. Now, some obviously choose to go to certain private schools due to athletics, some choose to go because of academics, band, choir, whatever. But the fact is, not all benefit. Look at some other other small privates in the area, Tiffin Calvert, Fostoria St. Wendelin, Fremont St. Joe, Delphos St. John's, etc. Some are good, some are not. Heck, St. Wendelin is playing 8 man football now. Kids have been fleeing from Lima city schools for years, the beneficiary has been Elida, Bath, and of course LCC.

#313 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Member No.: 4104

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

View PostCommon Sense, on 28 October 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

This is such a silly argument because private schools HAVE to recruit, that's how they get their students. Parents CHOOSE to send their kids there. Now, some obviously choose to go to certain private schools due to athletics, some choose to go because of academics, band, choir, whatever. But the fact is, not all benefit. Look at some other other small privates in the area, Tiffin Calvert, Fostoria St. Wendelin, Fremont St. Joe, Delphos St. John's, etc. Some are good, some are not. Heck, St. Wendelin is playing 8 man football now. Kids have been fleeing from Lima city schools for years, the beneficiary has been Elida, Bath, and of course LCC.

Typically, you can find out who the non recruited LCC players are by if they have come out of the woodwork this year to root for Notre Dame. Even the OSU fans at LCC are Notre Dame fans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users