NWC 2010

125 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Gumshoe_*

• Guests

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (Dr. Lou @ Nov 5 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what your saying is impossible, the eligibily rule is as long as your not 19 before august 1st, you can play any high school sport you would like. I'm pretty sure he just doesn't want to play basketball because if you remember right, he didn't start out the year playing last year. It took him a couple games

Ok, I posted what I had heard in hopes it would be clarified, as I said I did not know the exact rule. None of what I posted was diminishing his accomplishments. I am still very impressed with him as an athlete and wish him well in his future endeavors.

#22 Baseball11

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Member No.: 5344

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:31 AM

Agree with most. But I think that Jefferson is seriously being underestimated. Remember that '08 Regional Final team was highly underestimated with only 3 seniors. Also look for AE to turn quite a few heads.

#23 coach's wife

All District

• Members
  • 237 posts

Member No.: 940

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (Baseball11 @ Dec 17 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree with most. But I think that Jefferson is seriously being underestimated. Remember that '08 Regional Final team was highly underestimated with only 3 seniors. Also look for AE to turn quite a few heads.

That Jefferson team also had 4 pitchers that would have been number 1's or 2's for everyone in the conference, 11 lettermen, and 4 all-NWC players returning. DJ will be competetive with Carder on the mound; after that, it's a crapshoot.

#24 Dr. Lou

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Member No.: 4046

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (coach's wife @ Dec 18 2009, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That Jefferson team also had 4 pitchers that would have been number 1's or 2's for everyone in the conference, 11 lettermen, and 4 all-NWC players returning. DJ will be competetive with Carder on the mound; after that, it's a crapshoot.

will Carder's arm be 100% after his shoulder injury?

#25 Baseball11

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Member No.: 5344

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (coach's wife @ Dec 18 2009, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes Carder will be 100% to answer your question Dr. Lou. And I've heard that Jefferson has some great speed coming up, some powerful hitting, and maybe a couple good pitchers coming up. Yes they lost a lot but they also gain some attributes. Clarkson batted over .600 in the postseason as a pinch hitter. Jettinghoff and Carder are all around great athletes. Look for these seniors to really rally the troops.

#26 CKUM

All District

• Members
  • 193 posts

Member No.: 4561

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:06 PM

Looks like Balliet will be getting some looks - article below states that he is at a Recruiting Camp in FL right now. It will be interesting to see how he does and if he gets any offers. Talked to Kyle's dad last night, and he said that he has been doing great down there.

December 30, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Balliet selected for Pirate City Camp
For The Times Bulletin

CONVOY - Baseball Factory would like to announce that Kyle Balliet was recently selected to participate in the Pirate City Christmas Camp and Tournament, powered by the Baseball Factory.

The Pirate City Christmas Camp and Tournament is a national event for the country's top high school players. The event takes place at Pirate City, the Spring Training home of the Pittsburgh Pirates, where players get the opportunity to eat, sleep, and train in the same facilities as the professionals. Kyle's strong performance at a Signature College Recruiting event in Dublin, Ohio, earned him an invite to the event.

The national event will take place December 27-30 in Bradenton, Florida.

The right-handed pitcher/first baseman is a senior at Crestview High School. Baseball Factory wishes Kyle the best of luck at the Pirate City Christmas Camp and Tournament and in all his future endeavors.

#27 likeitis

All District

• Members
  • 298 posts

Member No.: 3247

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

Here we go experts:
1. Crestview........Balliet & Zollars are good pitchers from both sides. Reloads on middle infielders. Very well coached.
2. Bluffton....Cheney throws well if arm holds up. Curveballs will get to him. Make him throw strikes. Sudderman & Goldsberry good players. New coach.
3. L.C.C...Linehan good starter. Great facility and booster support. Coach does well and ignores partents...lol
4. Allen East...Most improved program in last 3/4 years. Beat L.C.C. last year. Swaney has live arm on mound and behind plate. Good young talent.
5. Columbus Grove...Always competitive. Coach brings energy. Have a lot to replace but have 2 good starters coming back.
6. Delphos Jeff...My 'Cats have a lot to replace including the coach. Wonderful chemistry last couple years.
7. Paulding...Very good program (spring/summer). Will also have a new coach. But strong summer program will feed school program.
8. Spencerville...A couple good players, but in rebuilding phase.
9. Lincolnview...Only cause they beat Ada.
10. Ada...Second year young coach. Will try to build program. Needs players.

#28 three sport man

All District

• Members
  • 204 posts

Member No.: 3531

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:13 AM

I'm gonna say the top two are correct, then there's a huge drop off after that and none of those teams have more than 3 maybe 4 good players. it's a race for any of those teams to get the three spot

#29 Dr. Lou

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:59 PM

Just got word today that Deitering from Spencerville has a slight tear in his minisus wacko.gif . I hope it's not a big deal for him otherwise Spencerville won't be as good as I expect them to be. Official word should come thursday.

#30 likeitis

All District

• Members
  • 298 posts

Member No.: 3247

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:27 PM

Dr. Lou, with or without him, you are the only person thinking Spencerville will be good or even fair.

#31 Dr. Lou

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (likeitis @ Feb 16 2010, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dr. Lou, with or without him, you are the only person thinking Spencerville will be good or even fair.

On here, yes because nobody knows what these guys are capable of. They played crestview 2-1 last season and it was one bad pitch and one costly error that got them beat. They took minster in to extras also. They'll surprise teams this season, trust me on that one. O yeah, you're the only person thinking Allen East will be good or even fair because to be honest with you, their only good player's arm is gonna fall off before the season even starts since he catches and pitches and Patterson is gone so they'll be hurting this season.

#32 mrclutch

All District

• Members
  • 359 posts

Member No.: 884

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:46 PM

Just as last year - as Dietering goes on the hill, so goes Spencerville. They will have to play great D in order to compete in the top of the NWC standings. Overall, I see the Spencerville program as having a shaky foundation. 2 weeks ago they were advertising for a Jr. High coach, today in the Lima News they were looking fo a JV coach. February is not a good time of year to be organizing these positions. There can't be much momentum building to feed the varsity in years to come given no stability at the immediate lower ranks.

#33 three sport man

All District

• Members
  • 204 posts

Member No.: 3531

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (mrclutch @ Feb 16 2010, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just as last year - as Dietering goes on the hill, so goes Spencerville. They will have to play great D in order to compete in the top of the NWC standings. Overall, I see the Spencerville program as having a shaky foundation. 2 weeks ago they were advertising for a Jr. High coach, today in the Lima News they were looking fo a JV coach. February is not a good time of year to be organizing these positions. There can't be much momentum building to feed the varsity in years to come given no stability at the immediate lower ranks.

That's Spencerville baseball for you no.gif .... but i'm not sure if Dick Rieman will come back just to coach JV or not.....he's a very good coach with a ton of baseball knowledge along with Steve Meyer who should be doing the Jr. High program...not sure on that one tho

#34 dakota.north

• Members
  • 19 posts

Member No.: 5887

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:51 PM

[quote name='runsfar' date='Sep 20 2009, 08:37 PM' post='213382']
Agree with most, should be a 2 team race between Bluffton and Crestview.
Crestview lost alot but has alot back, lost the best middle infield in northwest ohio and 2 .500 hitters, but they have the best pitching staff in the league and Baliet is killing the ball. I think Crestview wins by a game over Blufton by beating Blufton in a close game. Good news for Blufton is they get Crestview at home this year. After those 2 maybe LCC and Grove, but I agree a big falloff between 2 and 3 . Jefferson has Carder back but that is it. They will not be good, wish their new coach good luck. Spencerville will be better than you think and Grove not as as bad as you think. Allen East is getting better. Agree with the last 3 in any order except it wouldn't suprise me to see Jefferson there with them
[/quote

from watching crestview in years past the thing they lack the most is middle infield, multiple errors have lost games in the past for the knights, and questionable coaching decisions in tourney games at coldwater, they can get there but the coaching falls apart at districts, no offense to wharton, who has won 400 plus games at crestview in over 25 years, it should be a good one this year with bluffton and crestivew at the top

#35 Dr. Lou

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (dakota.north @ Mar 8 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
from watching crestview in years past the thing they lack the most is middle infield, multiple errors have lost games in the past for the knights, and questionable coaching decisions in tourney games at coldwater, they can get there but the coaching falls apart at districts, no offense to wharton, who has won 400 plus games at crestview in over 25 years, it should be a good one this year with bluffton and crestivew at the top

I didn't think they lacked in the middle infield at all. Springer and Clay were pretty clost to the best middle infield in the area

#36 runsfar

All League

• Members
  • 64 posts

Member No.: 4797

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

[quote name='dakota.north' date='Mar 8 2010, 08:51 PM' post='246087']
[quote name='runsfar' date='Sep 20 2009, 08:37 PM' post='213382']
Agree with most, should be a 2 team race between Bluffton and Crestview.
Crestview lost alot but has alot back, lost the best middle infield in northwest ohio and 2 .500 hitters, but they have the best pitching staff in the league and Baliet is killing the ball. I think Crestview wins by a game over Blufton by beating Blufton in a close game. Good news for Blufton is they get Crestview at home this year. After those 2 maybe LCC and Grove, but I agree a big falloff between 2 and 3 . Jefferson has Carder back but that is it. They will not be good, wish their new coach good luck. Spencerville will be better than you think and Grove not as as bad as you think. Allen East is getting better. Agree with the last 3 in any order except it wouldn't suprise me to see Jefferson there with them
[/quote

[/Let me understand this, Clay hit 554, was NWC POY, Area POY and 1st team all state shortstop. Springer hit around .500, 1st team NWC, 1st team area, 2nd team all state. Cant understand the logic that they were a weak middle infield. I would say that one could argue they were might have been the best middle infield in the state, at any level]

#37 mrclutch

All District

• Members
  • 359 posts

Member No.: 884

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:17 PM

Who is everyone's #1 hurler ... and considering the defense behind him, how does he stack up against everyone else's #1?

#38 XxLimaSportsXx

All League

• Members
  • 81 posts

Member No.: 5930

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:40 PM

I know Grove has Hovest who has a solid arm but not sure what he has behind him. Cheney for Bluffton who has POY implications and a good defense. Zollars and Balliet for Crestview and great defense but once again not sure who. Deitering from Spencerville but defense is below par. Craig Carder from Jefferson throws in the 80's. Travis Kottenbrock's little brother Trevor is a junior for LCC and has nasty stuff, and Linehan who throws hard for LCC. I know Snider for LCC is the best catcher in the area behind Wapak's Mike Bogan. With all that great pitching its going to be a good race for first.
Predicted Order
1. Crestview
2. LCC (beat Bluffton last year)
3. Bluffton
4. Grove (Hovest will be alone out there)
5. Spencerville
6. Allen East (not going to be great)
7,8,9,10. Tossup

#39 Tyrone Shoelaces

All League

• Members
  • 21 posts

Member No.: 5874

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:30 PM

2009 FINAL STANDINGS N.W.C.

TEAM CONF. OVERALL
1. Crestview 9-0 19-3
2. Bluffton 7-2 13-9
Delphos Jeff. 7-2 19-6
4. Col. Grove 6-3 17-9
5. Allen East 5-4 15-10 (beat L.C.C. head to head for #5)
6. L.C.C. 5-4 10-10
7. Paulding 3-6 3-18
8. Lincolnview 2-7 6-13
9. Spencerville 1-8 4-15
10. Ada 0-9 2-16

Remember where you heard it 1st, Allen East will suprise some teams in 2010.

And no, Snider is not the best catcher in the area. Actually Aaron Swaney from Allen East is a better catcher with a faster pop to pop. He just doesn't get all the hype Bogan gets and evidentally someone is trying to achieve a little for Snider. I have also heard through L.C.C. people, Snider works out with Allen East's coach and the Swaney kid. It will be very interesting to see who rises to the top.

#40 hambone

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Member No.: 2834

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:20 PM

Tyrone, you have got to be kidding me on your #3. DJ? Reverse the record you have for them. laugh.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users