Ottoville vs. Lima Bath at the 'Cat den Tue.

37 replies to this topic

#21 grub

All District

• Members
  • 421 posts

Member No.: 78

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Hasn't that been their MO for years?

#22 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Member No.: 5013

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

We gotta go to the hoop. We've got aiming issues

#23 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Member No.: 2841

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

I've covered Ottoville a number of times(and will have them again tomorrow night), so I've noticed a couple of things about them.

This years squad shoots better and more importantly takes better shots overall than last years squad. The big issue was last year when I saw them play was if people double down in the post can they get it out to the post and up in the air quick enough? This year's team can do that, and it will give them a chance against a lot of people.

The one glaring problem imo is their turnovers. Even in a 40 point win over Grove last weekend they still had far too many turnovers. That will need to be addressed as the season gets closer to tourney time. They also struggle at times breaking the press.

The one person I think that has played the best from last season to this is Rachel Beining. Her emergence down low imo has taken a little bit of the pressure off of Abby in the rebounding department as well.
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

#24 lebron23

All District

• Members
  • 240 posts

Member No.: 4262

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostRocketman, on 08 January 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

.... Ottoville will be tested tonight and if they can come out of there without some cat scratches....
LOL.....next test ?

#25 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

I thought one of the guards had trouble handling the ball. (not gonna call her out) I also thoght their bigs lacked quickness. (Although they were very big and tall so I don't know how much it's going to hurt them)

#26 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

View Postvon, on 09 January 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

Flounfer, Do you think the Big Green have a chance to get to Col. this year, I trust your opinion. You have seen them play. What do you think?

Von..........

They are going north this year which will help......I think if they keep focus, they will make it to Cbus.......there is one obstacle though Von.......the past 2 season, the Big Green came out of the gates and pounded on everybody.......then after about 14-15 games into the season, they went flat......and I mean flat....they didn't even look like the same team.....consequently, they made a exit before Cbus.........let's see if they can steer away from that this season!!!!!!

#27 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

View Postlepiota, on 09 January 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

I thought one of the guards had trouble handling the ball. (not gonna call her out) I also thoght their bigs lacked quickness. (Although they were very big and tall so I don't know how much it's going to hurt them)

lep.......

Man, you may not have any high school wins, but you put up a pretty good scouting report......what you said is true....the 2 big girls do lack quickness, but their size makes up for it.......a quick team like Loramie or Hiland could be a problem......when you get a bunch of quick hands swatting at the ball, it can cause even the best of big players fits!!!!!

#28 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

View Postflounder, on 09 January 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

lep.......

Man, you may not have any high school wins, but you put up a pretty good scouting report......what you said is true....the 2 big girls do lack quickness, but their size makes up for it.......a quick team like Loramie or Hiland could be a problem......when you get a bunch of quick hands swatting at the ball, it can cause even the best of big players fits!!!!!

Thanks Flounder. I've also been working with Obama on the National Debt, but it's going slow cause he keeps wandering around my house asking where my guns are.

#29 grub

All District

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Playing against quicker guards alot of times prevents your team from establishing a steady backcourt and setting up and running your sets that are geared towards your frontcourt. At this level it seems to me that the guards are the key to success. Better to have someone to protect the ball and create. And this is coming from a "frontcourt family". :)

#30 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

View Postgrub, on 10 January 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

Playing against quicker guards alot of times prevents your team from establishing a steady backcourt and setting up and running your sets that are geared towards your frontcourt. At this level it seems to me that the guards are the key to success. Better to have someone to protect the ball and create. And this is coming from a "frontcourt family". :)

I D4, I think a good point guard is the most important player.......in D1, D2, and D3, the guard play is just as important, but those schools in those divisions have many more numbers and can find other ways around the guard issue......if you get a chance, watch New Knoxville play....they have a great guard in Haley Horstman....also Crestview has a nice guard in the Bauer girl....2 of the best that I have seen in this area!!!!!

#31 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

View Postvon, on 09 January 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

I can not spell Flounder or the computer made a mistake.
'cause it's really floundear ;)

View Postgrub, on 09 January 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

Isn't "Cat den Tue." a song sung by Bob Segar?
OMG!! i thought this thread title out, again and again, and figgered there must be sumthin' to it (as that's just RM), but, nothing registered....

View Postlepiota, on 09 January 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

Clever punning, Grub.

So mad grubster had to point it out to me!!! :closedeyes: as i do believe grubby was correct!
'specially since it was music related....AND, BOB SEGER :punk: , at that!!!! :huh:

btw, great to see you so active here lately, old friend (grub)! :D
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#32 grub

All District

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

To hijack the thread completely Bob SegEr is coming to Toledo in the near future.

#33 PPDOBBS---CHARLOTTE

All District

• Validating
  • 117 posts

Member No.: 1044

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Von knows how good they are ! He just wants somebody to ice his cake ! Best to keep the old man in good spirits with that 50th reunion injury ! Hope you're doing okay Von. My 50th anniversary is coming up. Maybe I can learn from your mistakes ! GO BUCKS !!! BIG GAME TOMORROW !!!

#34 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

View PostPPDOBBS---CHARLOTTE, on 12 January 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

Von knows how good they are ! He just wants somebody to ice his cake ! Best to keep the old man in good spirits with that 50th reunion injury ! Hope you're doing okay Von. My 50th anniversary is coming up. Maybe I can learn from your mistakes ! GO BUCKS !!! BIG GAME TOMORROW !!!
The knee still hurts, but Big Jim is doing great after his heart surgery. Thanks PPDOBBS,go Bucks & Green

#35 grub

All District

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Well, it looks like the handicap section at the Schott will be filled.

#36 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

View Postgrub, on 13 January 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

Well, it looks like the handicap section at the Schott will be filled.

:bow2: :bow2:
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#37 bballfool

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Member No.: 9399

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostTiGgEr3, on 09 January 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

I've covered Ottoville a number of times(and will have them again tomorrow night), so I've noticed a couple of things about them.

This years squad shoots better and more importantly takes better shots overall than last years squad. The big issue was last year when I saw them play was if people double down in the post can they get it out to the post and up in the air quick enough? This year's team can do that, and it will give them a chance against a lot of people.

The one glaring problem imo is their turnovers. Even in a 40 point win over Grove last weekend they still had far too many turnovers. That will need to be addressed as the season gets closer to tourney time. They also struggle at times breaking the press.

The one person I think that has played the best from last season to this is Rachel Beining. Her emergence down low imo has taken a little bit of the pressure off of Abby in the rebounding department as well.

I would actually have to disagree to this post. This years guards don't like to handle the ball. After watching them play numerous times I find that they lost a lot in their past years guards. This year they are too passive. Somebody needs to step up if they expect to make a run in the tourney. Free throws are a little rough this year as well, hopefully that doesn't come back to bite them in the butt. As for Beining, I agree she has played the best from last season. Somewhere along the lines she got lost in the shuffle and was never given an opportunity to shine. Not too many teams are given the opportunity to have the twin towers down in the post, but Coach Kleman hasn't utilized what he has been given over the years.

#38 BIG DOG

All District

• Members
  • 109 posts

Member No.: 1370

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

For all future Lady Green opponents, the "bballfool" is dead on. The gaurds can't dribble. They historically are one of the worst free throw shooting teams in the area. The coach's record speaks for itself, he has no clue what he is doing. It takes a fool to argue with a fool!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users