Shawnee HC Open

Crea out at Shawnee

87 replies to this topic

#21 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:44 AM

View PostHSfootballGuy55, on 13 November 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

Okay that is terrible analogy. Mike Cramer is may be a good high school coach but there are a lot of guys that are good and been in the game. I have been watching Lima Land football for 25+ years and I have seen good and bad. However, to say Tim Goodwin is not the reason for the success at Marion Local and Mike Cramer is then you do not hear or see Mike Cramer in 10+ years is dumb. I am so unsure of the love affair with Mike Cramer. Here is an analogy sounds like Mike Cramer is a lot more Jon Gurden. Decent head coach that is living off legacy and not actual production.
You're truly do not understand. Much like Chuck Noll building the foundation for the Steelers success, Jim Tressel at OSU, Coach Cramer did at ML. And most recently while were at Clyde he helped them returned to the final four. His supporters know his track record. His detractors always point and to his lack of a recent head job
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#22 Hagen

All State

• Members
  • 524 posts

Member No.: 7010

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:37 PM

Does anyone have a complete coaching record for Cramer? School, year, record, etc.?
Only thing I could find were two seasons at Marion Local in 1997 (5-5) and 1998 (3-7).
http://www.midwestat...YearRecords.pdf (pg. 5)
http://www.midwestat...arlyRecords.pdf (pg. 6)

#23 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:53 PM

View PostHagen, on 13 November 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

Does anyone have a complete coaching record for Cramer? School, year, record, etc.?
Only thing I could find were two seasons at Marion Local in 1997 (5-5) and 1998 (3-7).
http://www.midwestat...YearRecords.pdf (pg. 5)
http://www.midwestat...arlyRecords.pdf (pg. 6)

Not sure of records, but he was also the head coach a while back at National Trail and has spent time coaching at the college level at BGSU.

#24 limajock2

All League

• Members
  • 67 posts

Member No.: 9837

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:54 PM

View PostRocketman, on 10 November 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

This is a non-starter. Coach Cramer is far beyond trying to resurrect this dumpster fire that is Shawnee athletics. They kinda remind me of the Cleveland Browns. Never satisfied. All of their athletes go to LCC leaving them with the spoils. There will be a job for Coach later, this is not the one. My guess is a former Shawnee product, Hershey who is currently at the home of the PG Rockets.

Not happening! The Prophet has Spoken!

Edited by limajock2, 13 November 2017 - 08:57 PM.

#25 Fall Ball

All League

• Members
  • 20 posts

Member No.: 9805

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:07 PM

Rumor is that Bath's head coach is out the door too...

#26 HSfootballGuy55

All League

• Members
  • 31 posts

Member No.: 9580

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:56 AM

View PostFall Ball, on 13 November 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

Rumor is that Bath's head coach is out the door too...

If Shawnee cannot find a coach how is Bath going to be able to find a coach? Seems like the WBL is going to be flipped upside down to some extent. Especially if that Dalton guys has any clue on the Kenton situation with Fackler. His seat has to be a little hot as well. Rocketman would Mike Cramer take the Bath or Kenton job if it opened?

#27 Rusty Shackleford

All District

• Members
  • 318 posts

Member No.: 9458

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:47 AM

Despite what Dalton says, there is no driving force in Kenton to fire Coach Fackler.

That being said, there will be three new school board members come January, so you never know how things will play out.

But Coach Fackler should return for Kenton.

#28 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:47 AM

View PostHSfootballGuy55, on 14 November 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

If Shawnee cannot find a coach how is Bath going to be able to find a coach? Seems like the WBL is going to be flipped upside down to some extent. Especially if that Dalton guys has any clue on the Kenton situation with Fackler. His seat has to be a little hot as well. Rocketman would Mike Cramer take the Bath or Kenton job if it opened?
The Kenton job?....definitely
Bath?.......I believe so
And to answer someone's question to his coaching pedigree.......after turning around the ML program, he stayed in the area by rebuilding the New Paris National Trail program by taking over a 1-9, 2-8 team the previous 2 years and putting up 5-5 and 6-4 in his 2 years there. Then went back to his alma mater BGSU and helped the kickers while receiving his MA. Most recently he was an assistant at Clyde and was there during the 2013 - 2016 seasons. In both '14 and '15 they lost to eventual state champion Toledo CC.....so, if you're looking for a winner with a proven history..........you could do a whole lot worse....

#29 Mr Bearcat

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Member No.: 3337

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:05 PM

Cramer was at ML 2 yrs and went 8-12 how is that turning anything around?
Mr B

#30 Warren

All District

• Members
  • 120 posts

Member No.: 2434

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:20 PM

Cramer’s not up for any job, guys on here are trolling him.

Who’s next at Shawnee?
Who’s next at Bath?
Who’s next at...maybe Ada?

#31 limajock2

All League

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:29 PM

View PostWarren, on 14 November 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

Cramer's not up for any job, guys on here are trolling him.

Who's next at Shawnee?
Who's next at Bath?
Who's next at...maybe Ada?

Of those three, I suggest a coach apply at Ada. THE PROPHET HAS SPOKEN

#32 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:39 PM

View PostWarren, on 14 November 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

Cramer’s not up for any job, guys on here are trolling him.

Who’s next at Shawnee?
Who’s next at Bath?
Who’s next at...maybe Ada?
Trolling?.......I don't believe
There's a couple dark horses out of the barn ready to run for the roses... I have said pretty clearly that Coach Cramer isn't a candidate. Brunow might be talked into the Ada job if it comes available. One of those LCC assistants might be up for the Shawnee challenge. And the AE coach is sniffing the Bathwater.

#33 Warren

All District

• Members
  • 120 posts

Member No.: 2434

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:55 PM

Rocketman,
No trolling by you. Just the few that constantly mention Cramer when any job in the nine county comes open.

Shawnee - open
Bath - open
Ada - ?
AE - ?

#34 wishbone

All District

• Members
  • 499 posts

Member No.: 2004

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:40 PM

View PostRocketman, on 15 November 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

There's a couple dark horses out of the barn ready to run for the roses... I have said pretty clearly that Coach Cramer isn't a candidate. Brunow might be talked into the Ada job if it comes available. One of those LCC assistants might be up for the Shawnee challenge. And the AE coach is sniffing the Bathwater.

That would be surprising.

#35 lima ball

All District

• Members
  • 327 posts

Member No.: 7076

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

LCC has a lot of talent coming up, don't see any of those coaches heading anywhere.

And NONE of it has come from Shawnee. Shawnee is a BAD football program, I do hope they can find a coach who tells the parents to step aside and watch rather than having their nose in everything.

#36 limajock2

All League

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:11 PM

View Postlima ball, on 16 November 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

LCC has a lot of talent coming up, don't see any of those coaches heading anywhere.

And NONE of it has come from Shawnee. Shawnee is a BAD football program, I do hope they can find a coach who tells the parents to step aside and watch rather than having their nose in everything.

Not happening. No chain of command!

#37 Ron Mexico

All District

• Members
  • 115 posts

Member No.: 2593

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:16 PM

Amazing how people on here are so dismissive of Mike Cramer's coaching skills. Keep recycling the trash. You will continue the results.

#38 Miggy

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Member No.: 9825

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:27 PM

View PostRon Mexico, on 17 November 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

Amazing how people on here are so dismissive of Mike Cramer's coaching skills. Keep recycling the trash. You will continue the results.

It was stated he was an assistant coach during the 2013 to 2016 seasons at Clyde High School. He must have been absent on picture day!!!!

http://www.clyde.k12...ts/chs-football

#39 Ron Mexico

All District

• Members
  • 115 posts

Member No.: 2593

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:05 AM

View PostMiggy, on 22 November 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

...He must have been absent on picture day!!!!...
Really? You think people on here have been misrepresenting Coach Cramer's coaching resume? And your "evidence" is that he is not in a team photo?

Your kid was probably one of the seniors Coach Cramer had to bench while at MSML to get the program back on its feet.

Edited by Ron Mexico, 25 November 2017 - 11:06 AM.

#40 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

View PostMiggy, on 22 November 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

It was stated he was an assistant coach during the 2013 to 2016 seasons at Clyde High School. He must have been absent on picture day!!!!

http://www.clyde.k12...ts/chs-football
Furthermore, a little more updating is necessary.....1. Clyde HS has actually named their football facility "Cramer Stadium"....I don't know if it was because of Coach C's contributions or not. Probably need to ask someone from the area.....2. After leaving National Trail, he went to Dublin Coffman where they had enjoyed little success before his arrival and helped in the Shamrocks rise to respectability in the OCC.....3. His resume speaks for itself. There are a lot of haters out there but his many successes are hard to deny.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users