What do you think on how Briggs Orsbon is doing so far at Ball State?

14 replies to this topic

#1 baseball25

All League

• Members
  • 39 posts

Member No.: 4027

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:29 PM

How do you think he is doing?

#2 knights_2287

All District

• Members
  • 358 posts

Member No.: 307

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

as a graduate of crestview i believe that briggs is representing the community of convoy very well. the coaches have said that he is one of the most mature freshman that they have ever coached. he has stepped into a big role as one of the top recievers for the cardinals since our best reciever was lost for the season and his career ended after a hit at IU.
Livin' it up in NW Ohio since 1987

#3 Dr. Lou

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Member No.: 4046

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:25 PM

Briggs has been an amazing surprise to me this season...i didn't know if he was fast enough or if changing to a receiver would be so good for him.....but he's tearing it up there right now and i hope ball state goes undefeated so i can see them in a BCS bowl game hopefully

#4 Witness In Cbus

All District

• Members
  • 247 posts

Member No.: 1581

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

Ball State in a BCS bowl game is never going to happen even if they do go undefeated

#5 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:20 PM

They could get to one, they'd just need a lot of help this year. Utah, TCU, Boise State, and maybe BYU would all have to lose just for the Cardinals to get to the number 1 spot out of non BCS conference teams, and even then it isn't a sure thing. But a nice 10-2 or 11-1 season, especially if they can get Davis back next year, and they could be in the conversation early next year. That's what they'd need to get to a BCS bowl.

Sounds like Briggs stepped up huge once Love went down though. I kind of thought that would be a bigger loss than it was, but glad to hear they found a replacement for him. Even better that it's someone from the area.

#6 Duh Huh Dull Sucks

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Member No.: 3689

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (dhsdawg06 @ Oct 23 2008, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They could get to one, they'd just need a lot of help this year. Utah, TCU, Boise State, and maybe BYU would all have to lose just for the Cardinals to get to the number 1 spot out of non BCS conference teams, and even then it isn't a sure thing. But a nice 10-2 or 11-1 season, especially if they can get Davis back next year, and they could be in the conversation early next year. That's what they'd need to get to a BCS bowl.

Sounds like Briggs stepped up huge once Love went down though. I kind of thought that would be a bigger loss than it was, but glad to hear they found a replacement for him. Even better that it's someone from the area.

BYU and TCU have both lost one already. Probably need to look out more for Tulsa in lines of the non-BCS undefeated than TCu and BYU right now. But who knows with the BCS.

And you are right. If Ball St. can bring back Nate Davis and finish this season with only 1 or 2 loses, they'd go into next season ranked and have a better shot.

#7 Rocket_Dad

All District

• Validating
  • 242 posts

Member No.: 3535

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

After seeing Ball State at UT a few weeks ago, I will be surprised if they finish less than 12-0. They do have two tough games at the end of the season, but think they will win both (at Central Michigan and Western Michigan at home).

#8 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Duh Huh Dull Sucks @ Oct 23 2008, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BYU and TCU have both lost one already. Probably need to look out more for Tulsa in lines of the non-BCS undefeated than TCu and BYU right now. But who knows with the BCS.

And you are right. If Ball St. can bring back Nate Davis and finish this season with only 1 or 2 loses, they'd go into next season ranked and have a better shot.

I still see TCU and BYU as bigger threats than Tulsa because of their schedule. Plus, TCU is already in the top 15. With the Mountain West having 3 teams in the conversation, it'll be tough for one of them to not get it over Ball State, unless they all lose 2. But you're right about Tulsa, I forgot all about them. They are putting up amazing offensive stats right now.

#9 silverwings

All District

• Members
  • 265 posts

Member No.: 815

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:51 PM

Briggs' current stats from the Ball State website:

ORSBON, Briggs 8 games - 4 starts; 33 catches for 388 yards (11.8 avg) with 4 TDs. 48.5 yards per game and longest catch is 30 yards.

Great job! They'll only get better as he gets more PT.
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run to win, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you get the prize! 1 Cor 9:23

#10 Rocko

All District

• Members
  • 209 posts

Member No.: 3890

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:24 AM

He has also thrown for a TD against Eastern Michigan.
Truth shall set you free

#11 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:30 PM

Congrats to Briggs.......I hope everything keeps going well, and above all.......stay healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 three sport man

All District

• Members
  • 204 posts

Member No.: 3531

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:07 PM

I got to watch briggs agaisnt Toledo.....WHO BEAT MICHIGAN.....he was the 3rd down go to guy which is awesome and i think that was when he had his 30 yard td catch

#13 UnknownName

• Members
  • 11 posts

Member No.: 4124

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:30 PM

Could have had 2-3 more TD's as well, i have seen highlights of him getting taken down at the 1-2 yard line.

#14 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:20 PM

Since they've been on TV the last couple of weeks I've finally got the chance to see him play.

He looks like he's a gonna be a great one. Sounds weird to hear Convoy, OH on ESPN though.

#15 knights_2287

All District

• Members
  • 358 posts

Member No.: 307

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

Briggs ended the season with 68 rec. for 813 yds. and 5 td with a long of 36 yd. He was also a co-recipient of the John Hodge Award given out to the most valuable freshman on the Ball State team. Congrats on a great season Briggs.
Livin' it up in NW Ohio since 1987

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users