Poor Brett Favre. Last pass an INT...AGAIN!

11 replies to this topic

#1 Duh Huh Dull Sucks

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Member No.: 3689

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:51 PM

Will Favre finally retire, once again with his last pass an INT that basically sealed the end of his team's season?

Jan 2008, Playoffs - last pass picked off, leading to Giants kicking the winning FG to go to the Super Bowl

Dec 2008, Regular Season - 2nd to last pass picked off, effectively ending the Jets season. Might as well have been his last pass, as the last pass thrown was done so quickly to start a series of laterals that it really didn't count, IMO.

Jan 2009, Playoffs - With his team just hugging the outer range of his kicker's career long, Favre throws an INT. The game goes into OT and Favre and the Vikings never see the ball again.

Is he done? Is he FINALLY done? Will he allow himself to go into retirement a THIRD time after throwing a pick to basically end his team's season?

I doubt it.

#2 cougarsno1

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 3,797 posts

Member No.: 162

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:15 PM

Your whining about a 40 year QB that was one of the best in the league this year that took his team to the NFC championship game. Damn that is pretty good if you ask me. I am really tired of the Favre haters because most of them are Browns fans and just saying Browns should say enough

#3 Duh Huh Dull Sucks

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (cougarsno1 @ Jan 24 2010, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your whining about a 40 year QB that was one of the best in the league this year that took his team to the NFC championship game. Damn that is pretty good if you ask me. I am really tired of the Favre haters because most of them are Browns fans and just saying Browns should say enough

I don't see where that's whining. I am just pointing out now that three years in a row, if he actually does retire, his last pass will basically have cost his team a chance to continue the season. I am certainly not hating on him at all. It just seems that no matter what he has done the past couple of years, if he would retire it would be with the bitter taste of defeat in his mouth, which I think it will be hard for him to do. THUS, that is why I see him coming back again.

#4 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Member No.: 368

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:03 AM

I think he will be done this year, that or he may finish out his contract next year give her one more go at a Super Bowl...but after tonights beating, meaning he got hit alot, he may think other wise...I love this guy, all he does is have fun doing what he loves, hard decision on when its time to step away. He played at MVP level all season...
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#5 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:55 AM

Duh......

Yes, he threw that interception, but I also think there were a few fumbles that may have determined the outcome of this game......the Saints....lol.....were absolutely dominated by the Vikings last night.....on both offense and defense......76 yds in the 2nd half......turnovers doomed the Vikings, and it just wasn't Brett's picks.......I will be surprised if the Colts don't win the Super Bowl.......as for Favre......after the numbers he put up, and what he did for the Viking nation......he would be a fool not to come back.......if you can play the game, why not keep playing.....I am sure a number of teams would love to have Brett on their team leading them......Browns and Bengals come to mind!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Member No.: 5013

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:08 AM

That play will haunt him forever. He could have run for at least 7-8 yards to set up a 40 yard field goal in a dome on turf (kickers dream) He and A-Rod are the most skilled chokers I have ever seen. I mean, we all choke to some degree. But he was able to still be one of the greatest QB's in history- and yet choke enough for it to be noticed.

#7 Louden Swayne

All District

• Members
  • 403 posts

Member No.: 2330

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (lepiota @ Jan 25 2010, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That play will haunt him forever. He could have run for at least 7-8 yards to set up a 40 yard field goal in a dome on turf (kickers dream) He and A-Rod are the most skilled chokers I have ever seen. I mean, we all choke to some degree. But he was able to still be one of the greatest QB's in history- and yet choke enough for it to be noticed.

How have you handled all of your chances in the spotligh?

#8 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (Louden Swayne @ Jan 25 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How have you handled all of your chances in the spotligh?

I'm not saying he's not more skilled than 98% of football players on the Earth, he is. I'm saying for as great as he is, there is a measurable degree of choking in his body of work. It cannot be denied. As for me, I was pretty clutch in most sports, except for golf. It is the most choke easy sport because of the small margin for error.

#9 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (lepiota @ Jan 25 2010, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for me, I was pretty clutch in most sports, except for golf.

Lep......

I know one thing you are clutch at.............conceit and being full of yourself......lol!!!!!!! whistling.gif

#10 Duh Huh Dull Sucks

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

It was the talk of the day. Three years in a row, Favre's last pass (essentially) is an INT! Why couldn't he have thrown a TD for his last pass, only to have New Orleans still win? It would have been a better way to retire IF HE WANTED. I am not calling for him to retire, just saying that he has had no luck during the past three seasons when it comes to his final pass.

#11 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (flounder @ Jan 25 2010, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lep......

I know one thing you are clutch at.............conceit and being full of yourself......lol!!!!!!! whistling.gif

Thank you Flounder. I'm the man......Oh no....is that a mirror? Uh, I mean I WAS the man.

#12 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:07 PM

laugh.gif

As for the topic (indirect, I guess)...... I just hope he makes up his mind & sticks w/one decicion or the other...... I get so tired of ppl 'retiring' & then coming back..... thumbdown.gif
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users