Barry Bonds Reports

26 replies to this topic

#1 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:44 PM

Today was a great day if you are a San Francisco Giants fan.....the man has finally reported for duty, and even claims he may not hang them up after the end of this season.......Barry sure doesn't look any smaller, and still appears to be in pretty good shape......I know one thing.......he has the quickest bat I have ever seen in baseball!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Guest_Lester B_*

• Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:06 PM

I hope he can still do it with that year off. Do you think they will pitch to him? He is only 50 short of the big one I think.

#3 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:49 PM

Lester...

That is the big question mark....they pitched around him last season when he only came back for 14 games!!!!!!

#4 Billy Hoyle

All District

• Members
  • 219 posts

Member No.: 317

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:08 PM

Maybe some pitchers forgot about him after almost a year off...... dry.gif ...or not.

If he's done it all fair, then I hope I see him break the record...and heck...it might happen this year...he is amazing, you can't deny that.

Personally, I hope Griffey hits 50 for the next 5 years... cool.gif
White men CAN jump.

#5 diehardwarrior

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Member No.: 39

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:38 PM

i agree with the griffy comment wink.gif

bonds on the other hand...if i was a pitcher i would pitch around him no matter what i wouldnt want him touching the record with all the roids talk, that is my opinion hope i didnt step on anyones toes smile.gif
QUOTE(dawger @ Jan 31 2006, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Getting there at 4:30 surely allows you to have the name of diehardwarrior......

#6 CityBoy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Member No.: 423

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:20 AM

It would be nice to see Griff hit 50 homers a couple years in a row. I doubt thats going to happen though. Back to the origional topic...How many people actually want him to get to Aaron. If I had it my way, he wouldn't catch Ruth either. I understand by taking steriods it can't it doesn't affect his bat speed or hand eye coordination but either way its still cheating. I'm not sure how I can be a BB fan when all signs point to him cheating. Thats just my two cents.

#7 Billy Hoyle

All District

• Members
  • 219 posts

Member No.: 317

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:41 AM

Agreed!
White men CAN jump.

#8 VikingFan

All State

• Members
  • 599 posts

Member No.: 31

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:42 AM

He is the last person playing today I would like to see break Aaron's record. It would be nice if he never got to the Babe either but he'll reach that point by May.

I think a lot of pitchers will not even come close to giving him something to hit. Especially when he gets close to Aaron. They don't want there names in the history books.
And I know that nothing has been proven about him and performance enhancing drugs, but in my opinion that dude is a freaking walking science project. During his couple big home run years he had more drugs running through him than Keith Richards.

#9 diehardwarrior

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE(VikingFan @ Feb 23 2006, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
During his couple big home run years he had more drugs running through him than Keith Richards.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whos the most on pace behind bonds? i thought it was pujols
Getting there at 4:30 surely allows you to have the name of diehardwarrior......

#10 tigerball14

All District

• Members
  • 446 posts

Member No.: 241

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:55 PM

I would pitch around him. I hope he does not even get to the Babes home run total somehow.

Edited by tigerball14, 23 February 2006 - 11:55 PM.

Brian Fantana: That was one crazy party. I am hung over.
Champ Kind: I woke up on the floor of some Japanesse family's living room, and they would NOT stop screaming!
Brick Tamland: I ate a big, red candle.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
- Vince Lombardi
Slump ? I ain't in no slump. I just ain't hittin.
- Yogi Berra
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

#11 VikingFan

All State

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:27 AM

Pujols is probably on pace but he has a long way to go. I would say A-Rod has the best chance of catching Bonds.

You like that one diehardwarrior? I was pretty proud of that post myself.

Edited by VikingFan, 24 February 2006 - 08:36 AM.

#12 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Member No.: 368

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:21 PM

I agree with you Vikingfan..those two are the onlyones in the league as of right now I think could possibly catch him...I still think it is a long shot for both...
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#13 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:57 PM

Front Row....

I agree with you......those two do have a chance, but will have to stay healthy!!!!!!!

#14 diehardwarrior

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:45 PM

staying healthy is the key cause everyone said griffy would get it but he was too inactive for so long...Aaron also never lead the league in homeruns in a season, he was just that consistent!

#15 Guest_Lester B_*

• Guests

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:11 PM

I hope he goes around both the babe and aaron, everybody talks about steriods but the guy still has what, 7 MVP'S. I think he is deserving of the record. I was also a big Albert Belle fan. Still makes me mad he didn't get any more hall of fame votes than he got. His stats are basically the same as Kirby Pucketts. I was also a big fan of him to. To me it's what you do on the field, not what you do off of it. It would be nice if everyone was the same off the field but some people just like to keep to themselves.

#16 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:21 PM

Lester B....

You mention Kirby Puckett......one unknown fact is that Puckett was one of the first big time users of steroids in major league baseball.......people are persecuting Bonds, but how quickly they forget.......I like Bonds....the electricity that he brings to the game is paramount....the game of baseball needs Bonds more than he needs baseball!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 Guest_Lester B_*

• Guests

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:04 AM

I never heard that before, I know he was a little over weight but I would of never imagined steriods.

#18 VikingFan

All State

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:32 PM

Founder,
I would say ESPN and sports talk shows need Bonds but I don't think baseball needs Bonds. The MLB is bigger than one player.

Albert Belle just wasn't great long enough. He had a nice 5-6 year run but HOF voters like people who were very good or great for a very long time.

Edited by VikingFan, 25 February 2006 - 02:35 PM.

#19 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:29 PM

Viking Fan....

It was proven last year that when the Giants played their away games the fan attendance wasn't even close to what it had been the years before when Bonds was playing........those cities all took a hit......whether people want to believe it or not!!!!!!!!

#20 VikingFan

All State

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 02:09 PM

Flounder,
Well, I don't want to believe it!!! lol

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users