ada bulldogs- lookin good

214 replies to this topic

#1 buckeyes 13

All League

• Members
  • 36 posts

Member No.: 9292

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

Ive seen the ada/spencerville and ada/grove games and i was impressed. Did not expect ada to be this good this yr. Their offence is looking explosive like past yrs...especially with decker at rb and acheson has done better at qb than i expected. Also i was impressed with their defence they are very undersized and young but they fly to the ball. Could this be their yr? Any thoughts?

#2 BlueJay

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,786 posts

Member No.: 4123

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Ada has become one of the top small school programs in the state. If DSJ had no beat them out in 2008 & maybe even 2010, Ada probably would have won it all those years. Congrats to Coach Fell for rising to the occasion.

'97, '98, '99, '05, '08, '10 Division VI State Champions

#3 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Member No.: 4104

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

View Postbuckeyes 13, on 19 September 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Ive seen the ada/spencerville and ada/grove games and i was impressed. Did not expect ada to be this good this yr. Their offence is looking explosive like past yrs...especially with decker at rb and acheson has done better at qb than i expected. Also i was impressed with their defence they are very undersized and young but they fly to the ball. Could this be their yr? Any thoughts?

Not to be overly critical, but it's "offense/defense" and I should be capitalized. :nerd:

Ada will have their shot. Do I think it's their year?...their year for what?...a state title?...no, not really, but they will have a better shot this year than past years.

#4 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:28 AM

Not much depth in the NWC this year. Short playoff run for ADA

#5 haydenfox50

All District

• Members
  • 304 posts

Member No.: 4971

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

Despite the scores of the games so far this year...this is not one of the best teams Ada has fielded compared to the last few years.

#6 buckeyes 13

All League

• Members
  • 36 posts

Member No.: 9292

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:26 AM

I didnt mean state championship because their region is looking tough with all those mac schools. But they could make a run for the conference title and a run in the playoffs. And yes they have had more talent on the field in the past years, but they have looked good so far this season. Jeffcat u should probably just worry about getting ur a#$ kicked by the tbirds friday night and not my grammar. :pokey:

#7 theterminator

All League

• Members
  • 58 posts

Member No.: 9295

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

I agree with buckeye. Going in I didn't think Ada would be good this year but they proved me wrong. Their defense has been really strong. Granted their schedule has not been tough so far in the season but it will get a lot tougher and we can see what their made of.

#8 TheFan

All State

• Members
  • 744 posts

Member No.: 5321

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

Like I've stated in an earlier post on here, when it comes down to week 10 and on, the lack of skill at the QB position could play a big roll in how far they go. If he can continue to improve over the next few weeks, they could go a ways in the playoffs but as much as it hurts me to say, LCC, Marion Local, and others will no doubtedly target this area. Now don't take it the wrong way.... he's probably Ada's best option at the position but I would of liked to have seen more from him against the struggling USV Rams. His numbers weren't too bad but his actual play was quite obvious. Now Decker on the other hand, the kid is a BEAST!

#9 TheFan

All State

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

View PostBlueJay, on 19 September 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

Ada has become one of the top small school programs in the state. If DSJ had no beat them out in 2008 & maybe even 2010, Ada probably would have won it all those years. Congrats to Coach Fell for rising to the occasion.
There you go again BlueJay.. bringing up that 2010 game! :sarcasm:

#10 DirtyPBear76

All District

• Members
  • 291 posts

Member No.: 3912

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

I haven't seen them play since the Arlington scrimmage and as I said on another post it is one of 3 things......

1. Arlington and the BVC are a lot better than the NWC and Ada.
2. Ada has gotten much better since the scrimmage. (Arlington pounded them)
3. Ada has not played anyone so far.

I would think Ada has gotten better since the start of the season but I guess time will tell.

#11 BlueJay

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,786 posts

Member No.: 4123

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostTheFan, on 20 September 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

There you go again BlueJay.. bringing up that 2010 game! :sarcasm:
??? what about the 2010 game?

'97, '98, '99, '05, '08, '10 Division VI State Champions

#12 clutch

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Member No.: 2940

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

View PostDirtyPBear76, on 20 September 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

I haven't seen them play since the Arlington scrimmage and as I said on another post it is one of 3 things......

I would think Ada has gotten better since the start of the season but I guess time will tell.

I think ada would handle arliington....rather easily. Just my opinion. The NWC is weak but Ada and LCC are well ahead of the rest.
"You're a mess"

#13 TheFan

All State

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostBlueJay, on 20 September 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

??? what about the 2010 game?

Not gonna bite BlueJay.... LOL

We'll just let it rest and hope the best for both teams this year.

#14 theterminator

All League

• Members
  • 58 posts

Member No.: 9295

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

Ada's quarterback is good. Don't underestimate him. He's better than Baker, there last quaterback. He can be inconsistent at points, but he's really good when he's not. Also, let's remember he has an All-State wide receiver (Ansley) to throw, too.

#15 TheFan

All State

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

View Posttheterminator, on 20 September 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Ada's quarterback is good. Don't underestimate him. He's better than Baker, there last quaterback. He can be inconsistent at points, but he's really good when he's not. Also, let's remember he has an All-State wide receiver (Ansley) to throw, too.
I totally agree... Ansley is a stud. However, comparing Acheson to Baker is like comparing Ansley to Jackson. Pretty good players but not thaaaat good. Like I said, once they get to week 10 and on, the talent level changes drastically so let's just hope Ada continues to improve in the areas that will no doubtedly try to be exposed. I do feel so far, this is one of Ada's better defenses and I hope they continue to play physical football. That alone can help keep them in the hunt.

#16 brunowball

All State

• Members
  • 815 posts

Member No.: 1297

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

View Posttheterminator, on 20 September 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Ada is more balanced than past years I think. They have 2 other receivers besides ansley who have stats just as good. Plus decker is a threat rushing and receiving. If Ada had a defense like this that could shut down the run on their past teams with dysert, baker, faine, jackson, they would have multiple state titles.

TheFan, the qb had 250 yards and 3 touchdowns on 20 pass attempts against USV. He probably only threw the ball a few times in the second half. If this were a typical 40-50 pass attempt Ada team he would have probably gone for 4-500 and many more tds. This years Ada team seems happy only throwing 20-25 times a game and letting the rb take over.

#17 Badlands

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,098 posts

Member No.: 3149

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostDirtyPBear76, on 20 September 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

LOL....#1..Arlington and the BVC are a lot better than the NWC and Ada.....Week 1 Grove waxed PG...Ada waxed Hardin Northern..Bluffton waxed Cory-Rawson....#2 .Your going by a scrimmage...really...Grove and Liberty Benton tied...#3 ADA would beat PG..Van Buren..Cory Rawson..Hardin Northern...Arcadia...Vanlue...Arlington.... and the other 3 would be good games....and these NWC teams would dominate the BVC teams mentioned above Grove..Spencerville...Delphos...Bluffton....and yes LCC....BVC sucks.......Ada is real good...I would say right now better than LCC.....

Edited by Badlands, 21 September 2012 - 05:47 AM.

#18 DirtyPBear76

All District

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostBadlands, on 20 September 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

LOL....#1..Arlington and the BVC are alot (its one word) better than the NWC and Ada.....Week 1 Grove waxed PG...Ada waxed Hardin Northern..Bluffton waxed Cory-Rawson....#2 .Your going by a scrimmage...really...Grove and Liberty Benton tied...#3 ADA would beat PG..Van Buren..Cory Rawson..Hardin Northern...Arcadia...Vanlue...Arlington.... and the other 3 would be good games....and these NWC teams would dominate the BVC teams mentioned above Grove..Spencerville...Delphos...Bluffton....and yes LCC....BVC sucks.......Ada is real good...I would say right now better than LCC.....

Ummmmmmm not sure you watched the Grove scrimmage closely but LB varsity waxed Grove. If you count j.v. then ok. . . PG, HN, Cory Rawson..... Bottom of the barrel of the BVC. Try playing LB, McComb, and Leipsic. I was just saying Arlington punished Ada. Fell even made comment how Arlington beat on them and was much more physical. . . . . I wasn't trying to ruffle feathers just saying something has happened if Ada is as good as everyone thinks they are and if so Congrats. Nobody gave LB a chance against LCC last year and look what happened and they weren't the best team in the league last year. Just saying.

#19 Badlands

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,098 posts

Member No.: 3149

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

I will put the top 3 NWC aganist, the top 3 BVC any year....

#20 DirtyPBear76

All District

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

I would agree those would be some great games but I wouldn't take the NWC. This is something that has been argued year after year as long as I can remember. Nobody ever gives the BVC any credit but I do believe the BVC has always had a lot of success vs. other conference powers including the NWC. It would be pretty cool if there were more non-conference games between the two conferences. Might see more of that in the near future with the expansion of the BVC and the opportunity for more non-conference games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users