Cleveland Browns Need To Make A Move....Now!

11 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Lou

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Member No.: 4046

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

Why won't the Browns trade Cribbs for an actual receiver? I love the guy but he's not producing 6 million a year kind of stats. Cleveland could go out and get a Mike Crabtree and Steve Breaston for the same amount as what Cribbs is making. Mix them in with Little and you have yourself a GREAT WR core with a good QB that needs to hand the ball off more and run more play action. Get a deal done Cleveland! The defense would be A LOT better too if the offense could stay on the field for more than 3 downs per drive. I'm not sure how this deal would get done exactly but Cribbs is such a waste of money. 2-3 TD's a year is pathetic for a guy getting paid more than 2 good receivers in the league

People might mention he gives Cleveland decent field position but with the new rules half the kicks are through the endzone anyway. And going off of that, Hillis is out so they need someone to throw to. Little is emerging but he needs more help.

#2 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Member No.: 5013

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:43 AM

Ah, where to start. First, I agree they were stupid to give him so much money. Kick/Punt Returners have a similar production life span as a running back (3-5 years). They paid him at the end of that span. The real problem they have is getting an accurate assessment of Colt McCoy. He could be a productive NFL QB, (Like Jeff Garcia, Carson Palmer, or Donavan McNabb, but we already know he's no Tom Brady) but he may also be a bust. They simply haven't put enough players around him to find out. Their line doesn't protect him well enough and they have B level running backs and wide recievers. They will go into next years draft not knowing weather they need a QB or not.......Once again.

#3 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Member No.: 3674

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

not sure where to start, but a wide receiver would be nice, and with Hillis having the Maden Curse, it's hard to get much of a Play action. I think Colt needs alittle more time, only because he has nothing to throw to or hand off to, and yes he is no Brady. Brady wasn't Brady when he first came in the league and even Brady didn't start his first season in the league. Brady had receivers, and a great D' and a running back when he first started. So did Big Ben. The browns need playmakers.....please get us some play makers.

I think Little has potential, but lack of playing time in college, has him behind in route running. Young team.
Personally. I think the Browns need a Stud LB has much as anything.

#4 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:15 AM

Yeah, they need LBs too. Jackson is a free agent after the season and Gocong and Fujita get hurt a lot. I agree that Little is going to be a fine receiver, but they still need a burner to stretch the defense. Fortunately, they have Atlanta's firts round pick as well as their own. I'm cheering every week for Atlanta to suck, lol

#5 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

Alabama has some stud LB, and There are some good, WR coming out that can stretch the field so hopefully they make something happen. LIke the RB Browns got from Houston I think he will do fine given an opportunity, and some time with the offense. He is quick, and run hards.

#6 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

View Postgamekeeper, on 02 November 2011 - 11:36 AM, said:

Alabama has some stud LB, and There are some good, WR coming out that can stretch the field so hopefully they make something happen. LIke the RB Browns got from Houston I think he will do fine given an opportunity, and some time with the offense. He is quick, and run hards.

I thought he looked better that Hardesty. NFL running backs have to hit the hole and then make a cut. Backs who juke behind the line of scrimmage (With the exception of Barry Sanders) do not last very long.

#7 tigerball13

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 6,537 posts

Member No.: 764

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:15 AM

Oby is a pretty good back...I liked him a lot in the preseason, but he was just buried in the Texans depth chart at RB. I'd love to see him be successful in the league, just not this weekend.

#8 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:39 AM

View Posttigerball13, on 03 November 2011 - 01:15 AM, said:

Oby is a pretty good back...I liked him a lot in the preseason, but he was just buried in the Texans depth chart at RB. I'd love to see him be successful in the league, just not this weekend.

Ah, a Texans fan. You know the pain a Browns fan feels as your boys have often not lived up to expectations. Welcome to the Losers Club. I hope your stay is not as long as mine has been.

#9 tigerball13

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 6,537 posts

Member No.: 764

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

View Postlepiota, on 03 November 2011 - 06:39 AM, said:

Ah, a Texans fan. You know the pain a Browns fan feels as your boys have often not lived up to expectations. Welcome to the Losers Club. I hope your stay is not as long as mine has been.

Well, 6-3, so hopefully this is the year we can at least make the playoffs so we don't have to hear that bs from Titan fans anymore...

#10 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

So once again, the Browns touch something good and turn it to a bust. Hillis gets hurt after the best year a RB has had in years, Well since Pruit. So we are going to just let him become a free agent. Where he move on and be a good solid player for someone else. If we didn't run him or plan on running him every other player, I think he would have been a nice fit for a two back system. Guess that's why i am not getting paid the big bucks to make these decisions.

All I know is could the browns run defense being any worse yesterday.! Your welcome all Fantasy fans who had Foster and what's his name. Tate.

Cribb's finally earned his paycheck yesterday.

Looking at the Schedule, the Browns have to win, the next three games, or I don't see them winning a game the rest of the season. Because after the Rams, Jags, and Bengals, they have the steelers twice, ravens twice, well maybe they can beat the cardinals.

#11 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

I feel so sorry for anyone who is a fan of any Cleveland sports team......first, Modell takes the Browns to Baltimore....Bron Bron leaves for Miami.....the Indians have been so close that I know that had to hurt......I did like the movie 'Major League' which was about the Indians.....probably was the brightest thing to happen to Cleveland in some time....I wish all the luck in the world to any Cleveland franchise.........I think it is time for a championionship in this city!!!!!

#12 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

It wasn't so bad in the 80's when we at least were competative, but the product on the field now is bad, and hard to watch...
Still can't understand when they are in a division that doesn't ask you to out score each other, and defense seems to be the main theme. (Steelers, Cincy, Ravens) all top d's of the AFC. The Browns are the last one'sto figure that out. The Browns, play Flacco, Dalton, and Big Ben, all good QB's but they are not Rogers, Brady, and Brees, you would think they could at least stop the run. Rice, Menthal Man, And Benson, you play those guys twice a year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users