731 replies to this topic

#81 Easton

All State

• Members
  • 832 posts

Member No.: 4634

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Sports Fanatic @ Mar 15 2010, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate to be the master of the obvious but unless Craft is absolutely rotten, he will start. I have never seen him play, but OSU has no returning point guards and Craft is the only recruit that plays PG. If you add those facts up, he SHOULD be starting.

PG Craft
SG Buford (although I think he should go pro...best pro prospect on the team)
SF Diebler
PF Lighty
C Sullinger

with Siebert, Lauderdale, and Thomas getting minutes off the bench

I for one will be glad to see Evan Turn(ov)er go. He will disappoint some NBA team and get a GM fired within a few years

OSU is also bringing in Lenzelle Smith, a 6'3" pg with this class and word is he can play. He is rated the #19 wing guard in the country but will play multiple positions, mainly point.

Buford is leaving for the NBA and so is Turner. Lighty may start at point with Diebler at the 2, Thomas the 3, Sullinger 4 and D-Laud 5. Sibert coming off the bench.

In my opinion next year is going to be a disaster for OSU. They will have NOBODY who can score.

#82 Sports Fanatic

All League

• Members
  • 46 posts

Member No.: 4622

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Easton @ Mar 15 2010, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OSU is also bringing in Lenzelle Smith, a 6'3" pg with this class and word is he can play. He is rated the #19 wing guard in the country but will play multiple positions, mainly point.

Buford is leaving for the NBA and so is Turner. Lighty may start at point with Diebler at the 2, Thomas the 3, Sullinger 4 and D-Laud 5. Sibert coming off the bench.

In my opinion next year is going to be a disaster for OSU. They will have NOBODY who can score.

Easton
I'm not gonna get in a pissing match with you but most of what you say is complete and utter nonsense. I think Buford will jump to the NBA (I think he should) but suggesting Lighty will play point is idiotic. He has no ball handling skills AT ALL. If Buford does stay, we will spend some time at #1 next season. As for Smith, yes he has played some point guard, but very little. And at 215 lbs, he would probably be the biggest PG in the history of college basketball (some sarcasm). Lauderdale will not start. Matta despises him, and I know Sullinger was told he will start as a Freshman.

#83 Easton

All State

• Members
  • 832 posts

Member No.: 4634

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:04 PM

Thanks, appreciate being called a dumb******.
Lighty played point in high school and will be the most talented and knowledgeable Buckeye next year. This is not out of the question and has been discussed at length on the OSU boards.

I did not say Smith will start at PG. I said OSU is bringing in more than one pg. Evidently that is what they recruited him as because that is what they listed him as on the recruiting committment list. Not saying he will stay there.

Lauderdale WILL NOT lose his starting job to Sullinger and there is no way in hell Sully can go for more than 18-20 draggin his fatass up and down that long court.

You have to realize with WB and Turner leaving they will be in the same situation they are in this year, only with younger players:

Lighty, Diebler, Sullinger, Craft, D-Laud, Thomas, Sibert? Smith?
Get's pretty thin after that...........

OSU went 3-3 without Turner...

Edited by Easton, 15 March 2010 - 11:05 PM.

#84 Sports Fanatic

All League

• Members
  • 46 posts

Member No.: 4622

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (Easton @ Mar 15 2010, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, appreciate being called a dumb******.
Lighty played point in high school and will be the most talented and knowledgeable Buckeye next year. This is not out of the question and has been discussed at length on the OSU boards.

I did not say Smith will start at PG. I said OSU is bringing in more than one pg. Evidently that is what they recruited him as because that is what they listed him as on the recruiting committment list. Not saying he will stay there.

Lauderdale WILL NOT lose his starting job to Sullinger and there is no way in hell Sully can go for more than 18-20 draggin his fatass up and down that long court.

You have to realize with WB and Turner leaving they will be in the same situation they are in this year, only with younger players:

Lighty, Diebler, Sullinger, Craft, D-Laud, Thomas, Sibert? Smith?
Get's pretty thin after that...........

OSU went 3-3 without Turner...

It may be discussed on the boards but I assure you it is not being discussed in the coaches' meetings. Don't get me wrong, I love Lighty and think he will be an NBA player. Thomas, Siebert, and Sullinger can all score so if we have a PG I think we'll be fine. Just a PG that can handle and distribute the ball, that's all that matters. But trust me, Lauderdale will not start. I hope Buford stays (fingers crossed)...I will find out what his plans are ASAP.

#85 #Sand

All District

• Members
  • 424 posts

Member No.: 2115

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:09 AM

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sport...ls.html?sid=101

#86 nothalfbad

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Member No.: 5659

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

I think AC is a great bb player. But, (just my opinion)I think one of the main reasons he was recruited to OSU is he is a guaranteed 4-5 year player. Thad has no worries he will go pro after soph., junior or senior year. He has had that happened and he needs stability. I think Craft will do well but, at the hs level if he cannot stop Desi how is he going to stop guys twice that size. It will be fun to watch. I do wish him all the luck at OSU. I just do not think he is a match for some of the players he will be up against. He will give it is all but like flock stated if he cannot stop Desi what is gonna help with guys twice the size and triple the talent. I know everyone has a bad game but when it most matters he could not stop someone who was not quite the athlete he is. Just something to think about.

#87 ImAnEagle15

All League

• Members
  • 75 posts

Member No.: 2863

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

No offense but LB played a 131 zone about 1/2 of the game, so Aaron wasn't matched up with Kirkman half the time. No offense again, Aaron has shut down players that are much better than Kirkman countless times. The McD's all-star game's rosters were full of them.

Whether he is a redshirt who won't see time for 3 years or a one and done, the bottom line is Pearl offered him, after he re-opened his committment Xavier, Notre Dame, Butler, Michigan State, Alabama, Cincinnati, Michigan all came courting, and Matta offered him. That should be more than enough for everyone here.

Edited by ImAnEagle15, 21 April 2010 - 09:06 PM.

#88 ImAnEagle15

All League

• Members
  • 75 posts

Member No.: 2863

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (#Sand @ Apr 19 2010, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Granted it was an all-star game, but interesting what happens when Aaron isn't asked to score, rebound, handle the pressure all game, coach, and be water boy isn't it?

#89 nothalfbad

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:17 AM

I do not think anyone on here is discounting his talent. It is just coaches recruit for many different reasons. I think some people think he is going to OSU to be the dominate force he was in high school. That just will not happen. He is going to be up against talent he has never been up against. I think he will do well but he is no Turner and will not dominate like some think he will. I think that is the point most people are trying to convey. And, even if he was not going one on one with Desi a lot he still should have been a more dominate force in that game. Just wondering what happened.

#90 a flock of tbirds

All State

• Members
  • 557 posts

Member No.: 5665

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (nothalfbad @ Apr 22 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do not think anyone on here is discounting his talent. It is just coaches recruit for many different reasons. I think some people think he is going to OSU to be the dominate force he was in high school. That just will not happen. He is going to be up against talent he has never been up against. I think he will do well but he is no Turner and will not dominate like some think he will. I think that is the point most people are trying to convey. And, even if he was not going one on one with Desi a lot he still should have been a more dominate force in that game. Just wondering what happened.

Dominate?Huh!!He turned sideways most of the game.What does that mean? Well,any D1 guard will tell you that when your sideways or backing someone down you are not QUICKER than them!You also lose sight of half the court unless your name is Magic Johnson!! People ,Aaron has a nice game,will be a SOLID player but will need an ADJUSTMENT period!!

#91 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (nothalfbad @ Apr 22 2010, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not Turner? Who is?

Turner was the "National Player of the Year" I don't think OSU is looking for near that much out of AC.

#92 pokercat

All District

• Members
  • 148 posts

Member No.: 6137

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:08 AM

Aaron Craft will be a very good point guard for OSU..I look for him to contribute next season

#93 nothalfbad

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (caldwell @ Apr 26 2010, 06:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not Turner? Who is?

Turner was the "National Player of the Year" I don't think OSU is looking for near that much out of AC.

I am just going off other threads people have posted on. I have read where some people think he will start as pg since Turner left and some think he will do as well. NO offense to anyone I just think some people have some misguided expectations for him that is all. I kinda feel sorry for him. He is up against a lot of opposition from some fans from other schools who he helped kick and now it is retribution time. I have heard it both ways. Some say he will start and be the force and some say he will be swallowed up. Who knows!!!

#94 Hidden Gems

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Member No.: 5437

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:48 AM

Starting lineup will most assuredly include:

Buford
Diebler
Lighty
Sullinger

Other possibles are:
Craft
Thomas
Lauderdale

Smith, Jordan Sibert, others should see some minutes.

My guess is that Thomas starts and Lighty goes PG. WB probably wont go PG due to his shot selection. Great player, but he looks for his own O alot and should be allowed to focus on being a scorer for this team. Jared will start and WB and Sully will be the team's top 2 scorers.
Hidden Gems Basketball
http://www.leaguelineup.com/hiddengems

WBCBL Columbus Hidden Gems(Female Pro Team)
http://ballcharts.com/wbcbl_chg

#95 Corleone

All State

• Members
  • 614 posts

Member No.: 824

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (nothalfbad @ Apr 26 2010, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have read where some people think he will start as pg since Turner left and some think he will do as well.

I have not read a single post on this or any other thread who said anything close to this. Start? Maybe, but nobody in their right mind is going to predict he will be the player Turner was. I think it is safe to say he will play next year, and probably get significant minutes if for no other reason than there is no one else at his position. I am having a hard time envsioning anybody on the current roster they can force-fit into a point guard.

#96 a flock of tbirds

All State

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (Hidden Gems @ May 4 2010, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Starting lineup will most assuredly include:

Buford
Diebler
Lighty
Sullinger

Other possibles are:
Craft
Thomas
Lauderdale

Smith, Jordan Sibert, others should see some minutes.

My guess is that Thomas starts and Lighty goes PG. WB probably wont go PG due to his shot selection. Great player, but he looks for his own O alot and should be allowed to focus on being a scorer for this team. Jared will start and WB and Sully will be the team's top 2 scorers.

Not a big fan of OSU hoops but I am curious as to whom will guard the basket with your lineup?Lauderdale is the ONLY intimidator in the lineup you listed.Big ten teams will have a field day in the paint with Jared as your center.Nice game but he is EARTHBOUND!!

#97 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (a flock of tbirds @ May 4 2010, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not a big fan of OSU hoops but I am curious as to whom will guard the basket with your lineup?Lauderdale is the ONLY intimidator in the lineup you listed.Big ten teams will have a field day in the paint with Jared as your center.Nice game but he is EARTHBOUND!!

They only lost Turner? The Big Ten didn't have a "field day" with them last year. All others are back. adding Sully surely isn't going to hurt them.

#98 a flock of tbirds

All State

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (caldwell @ May 5 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They only lost Turner? The Big Ten didn't have a "field day" with them last year. All others are back. adding Sully surely isn't going to hurt them.

Didn*t Lauderdale start at center last year?Giving them an intimidator inside!!Jared won*t hurt the Bucks but he isn*t a guy who alters many shots.He WILL give them a heckuva inside threat OFFENSIVELY from day one IMO.

#99 benchwarmer30

All League

• Members
  • 67 posts

Member No.: 5536

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

I can't see the Buckeyes having the same starting lineup at the end of the season as they will have at the beginning. Matta will change things up. This is a team game. I have no worries about Craft. He don't see him being a superstar there but I do think he will hold up his end of the bargain. Don't expect him to dominate. I do expect him to contribute to the succes of the teams.

#100 a flock of tbirds

All State

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (benchwarmer30 @ May 9 2010, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't see the Buckeyes having the same starting lineup at the end of the season as they will have at the beginning. Matta will change things up. This is a team game. I have no worries about Craft. He don't see him being a superstar there but I do think he will hold up his end of the bargain. Don't expect him to dominate. I do expect him to contribute to the succes of the teams.

I fully agree with your statement and while not a Buckeyes hoops fan I do want them to do well(except against UCLA!!)and the TEAM part of your statement was the BEST!!TEAMS win not players and I expect Craft to be VALUABLE when he adjusts to Big Ten ball.Good luck A.C.(he seems like a really classy young man).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users