Jennings takes 6 out of the last 8.. Fluke or are they legit?

33 replies to this topic

#21 dkusma96

All State

• Members
  • 622 posts

Member No.: 5181

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

View Postvon, on 14 February 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

Plus it would have saved the taxpayers tons of money, millions. But that is a different topic. Good luck Fort and Ottoville.

Wouldn't have a problem if it were just the taxpayers for just those two districts, but they ate up a ton of state taxpayer money. But that's a different topic :P

#22 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

View Postvon, on 14 February 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

FJ/Ottoville should have combined before they built both those new 2 high schools a few years ago. Plus it would have saved the taxpayers tons of money, millions. But that is a different topic. Good luck Fort and Ottoville.

I know this is a little off topic but just to add to your point, I don't see why they still couldn't. Don't you think they could just use one school for the high school and the other for elementary?
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#23 Green seagull 20

All League

• Members
  • 77 posts

Member No.: 9178

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

View Postcaldwell, on 15 February 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

My prediction is that FJ's is one and done in tournament. No way getting out of sectionala.
I'd say they get by perry and then against st johns i don't know if they would be able to pull off an upset. Depends what Fort Jennings team comes to play the one who beat Kalida or the one who lost to miller city

#24 gymrat09

• Members
  • 11 posts

Member No.: 5819

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 13 February 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

I think this season's success can be traced to the change in leadership at the top. AD Todd Hoehn is like an architect carefully putting together a competitve sports program at FJ and it all starts with basketball.
Is this a serious post? As a previous poster said, yes the AD's job is much needed and has a lot of responsibility, but how can you attribute success to the AD? Unless he is scheduling all cupcakes, and I believe FJ's schedule has hardly changed in years, or secretly coaching from the shadows I don't see it. You've got to give credit where credit is due and that is with the kids working hard on the court, and the coaches.

#25 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

View Postgymrat09, on 15 February 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Is this a serious post? As a previous poster said, yes the AD's job is much needed and has a lot of responsibility, but how can you attribute success to the AD? Unless he is scheduling all cupcakes, and I believe FJ's schedule has hardly changed in years, or secretly coaching from the shadows I don't see it. You've got to give credit where credit is due and that is with the kids working hard on the court, and the coaches.
I agree, you CANNOT attribute success to the AD, maybe in a private school, but not a small public school. In the olden days, they did not have an AD, the ass't principle was the AD. Where I live, the AD does not teach, he is the AD full time.
FJ does not play a cupcake schedule. They have played Ottoville twice a year for 80-90 years, Ottoville is not a cupcake. I know this year, they are down. FJ has had 2 great AD's in the last few years, 30 or so, Tom S. and ?, the AD has a tough job, but he does not coach the team. Sometimes the AD may coach a sport like Baseball like MC, L, the Fort years ago.

#26 Green seagull 20

All League

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

View Postgymrat09, on 15 February 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure this was not a serious post and that falcon is a buddy of fort Jennings AD Todd Hoehn

#27 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostGreen seagull 20, on 15 February 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure this was not a serious post and that falcon is a buddy of fort Jennings AD Todd Hoehn

#28 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

Hey, who cares, it is only fun to do this. Have a great almost weekend.....

#29 Green seagull 20

All League

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

7 out of last 9 now..

#30 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostWeekendWarrior, on 14 February 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

No offense to AD's out there, but at the high school level, I really don't think they have that much to do with the success of an athletic program. Sure they schedule teams (usually at the suggestion of the head coach), hire officials, set bus schedules, etc. Now I'm NOT saying it's an easy job as there is a lot of "stuff" that goes along with it, which I'm sure includes managing parents. But to say they are "architects"? It's not as if they are selecting their own players.

As for the Musketeers, whether it's a fluke or not, in the couple games I've seen, they've certainly been playing much better. After coming off last year's 0-21 season and losing their leading scorer from a year ago, I think you have to respect the effort the players have put in. Regardless of what happens, they have the opportunity to get their season up to .500 and maybe even put together a little run in tournament. Whatever happens, good luck to them and the rest of the PCL.

Well, this is a different type of AD we're talking about here......this guy has re-scheduled Jr. high games that were called due to bad weather and opens up the old FJ gym to play makeup games, while the main gym is also being used. I call that dedication.

#31 Greengiant

All League

• Members
  • 27 posts

Member No.: 9192

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 19 February 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

Well, this is a different type of AD we're talking about here......this guy has re-scheduled Jr. high games that were called due to bad weather and opens up the old FJ gym to play makeup games, while the main gym is also being used. I call that dedication.
Oh Maltese Falcon your killing me here lol

#32 Hound Dog

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Member No.: 700

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

I sense a bromance going on here.........
2011-2012 Las Falcon's Basketball Pick-Em Champion!

#33 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

View PostHound Dog, on 20 February 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

I sense a bromance going on here.........
I call that doing your job.....

#34 dkusma96

All State

• Members
  • 622 posts

Member No.: 5181

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:20 AM

I call that dedication.

I call that doing the job he's paid to perform.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users