Jump to content



D2 ONU district

Rematches

8 replies to this topic

#1 justin44

    All State

  • Members
  • 613 posts

    Joined: 17-February 08
    Member No.: 3352

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:08 PM

Some potential rematches here as Wapak & U Sand played in sect finals last year, & obviously Titans played them also.
First, though, a very tough game with always-improving Elida squad,despite their loss to Bath last week in rivalry game.
Too bad about the good Upper kid getting suspended, always like to see teams @ full strength this time of year especially.
Good luck Lady Titans tonight also !


#2 waterloowonder

    All District

  • Members
  • 452 posts

    Joined: 11-January 10
    Member No.: 5547

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

ONU is a terrible H.S. tournament venue for fans. I refuse to go there unless my team is playing. OG is a heavy favorite.

#3 BOB

    All State

  • Members
  • 638 posts

    Joined: 20-February 06
    Member No.: 501

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:05 PM

If not ONU where would you like the venue to be?

#4 kaizen

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,536 posts

    Joined: 06-December 07
    Member No.: 3042

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

View PostBOB, on 05 March 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

If not ONU where would you like the venue to be?
robb ave. courts are better than onu. btw has doug davis ever won a big game? wins games but not when they count

#5 erniefurgler

    All District

  • Members
  • 174 posts

    Joined: 10-March 08
    Member No.: 3470

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

Quote

ONU is a terrible H.S. tournament venue for fans. I refuse to go there unless my team is playing. OG is a heavy favorite.

As they say, that's why you play the game. Elida with the stunner 46-41. Earliest tourney exit by OG in quite some time

Edited by erniefurgler, 08 March 2017 - 10:34 PM.


#6 doughash

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,220 posts

    Joined: 06-January 06
    Member No.: 135
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:03 PM

View Posterniefurgler, on 08 March 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

As they say, that's why you play the game. Elida with the stunner 46-41. Earliest tourney exit by OG in quite some time

First time since 2007 they haven't played in the district final. Probably first upset they've suffered in the tournament since 2009 district final loss to Coldwater.

#7 von

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,307 posts

    Joined: 14-December 06
    Member No.: 1604

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:37 PM

View Postdoughash, on 08 March 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

First time since 2007 they haven't played in the district final. Probably first upset they've suffered in the tournament since 2009 district final loss to Coldwater.
I thought they were so good, Elida must have really improved or O-G got out-coached.

#8 doughash

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,220 posts

    Joined: 06-January 06
    Member No.: 135
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:40 AM

View Postvon, on 08 March 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

I thought they were so good, Elida must have really improved or O-G got out-coached.

Elida hangs their hat on defense, got a great game from Stinson, tough shooting night all around for the Titans. Happens over the course of a season, you just hope it doesn't come during the tournament.

#9 charliesheen

    All State

  • Members
  • 944 posts

    Joined: 03-June 11
    Member No.: 8871

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:49 PM

View Postdoughash, on 09 March 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

Elida hangs their hat on defense, got a great game from Stinson, tough shooting night all around for the Titans. Happens over the course of a season, you just hope it doesn't come during the tournament.

Something about playing Black and Orange teams at ONU :( .....probably biggest stunner in OG tourney history was Coldwater loss in 1986....now this one....not nearly as big of an upset, but a pretty big one based on how OG had done this year.







1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users