Jump to content



Coaching Carousel-who's in and who's out around Limaland?


44 replies to this topic

#21 Outspoken

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,051 posts

    Joined: 22-January 06
    Member No.: 243

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:04 AM

Hearing there's a couple job openings in Putnam County


#22 Outspoken

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,051 posts

    Joined: 22-January 06
    Member No.: 243

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:05 AM

Will be interesting to see who fills those openings

Edited by Outspoken, 24 March 2017 - 07:06 AM.


#23 veteranlefty

    All District

  • Members
  • 202 posts

    Joined: 24-January 12
    Member No.: 9179

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

where?

#24 Outspoken

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,051 posts

    Joined: 22-January 06
    Member No.: 243

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:18 PM

Continental

Ottoville

#25 General Tso

    All District

  • Members
  • 454 posts

    Joined: 28-January 14
    Member No.: 9596

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

View PostOutspoken, on 24 March 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

Continental
Whoever coaches the Pirates please remember we are going to be absolutely horrible next year.

#26 dufus

    All League

  • Members
  • 39 posts

    Joined: 04-March 14
    Member No.: 9633

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

What are you talking about. I Talked to a couple Conti parents. They said gonna be loaded!! They just need the right coach!

Conti: home of overrated players and dilusional parents!

#27 von

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,341 posts

    Joined: 14-December 06
    Member No.: 1604

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

View Postdufus, on 25 March 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

What are you talking about. I Talked to a couple Conti parents. They said gonna be loaded!! They just need the right coach!

Conti: home of overrated players and dilusional parents!
I would like to hear the sources about Ottoville.

#28 General Tso

    All District

  • Members
  • 454 posts

    Joined: 28-January 14
    Member No.: 9596

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

View Postdufus, on 25 March 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

What are you talking about. I Talked to a couple Conti parents. They said gonna be loaded!! They just need the right coach!

Conti: home of overrated players and dilusional parents!
dufus, are you talking about the people who live to the left, right, behind, across, or catty corner from my house? I hate to admit it but you just described my entire neighborhood.

#29 Politics

    Newbie

  • New Members
  • 8 posts

    Joined: 29-March 17
    Member No.: 9909

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:41 PM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 25 March 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:


dufus, are you talking about the people who live to the left, right, behind, across, or catty corner from my house? I hate to admit it but you just described my entire neighborhood.


#30 Politics

    Newbie

  • New Members
  • 8 posts

    Joined: 29-March 17
    Member No.: 9909

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:20 PM

Can I ask what is "down town coaches association?"

#31 Hagen

    All State

  • Members
  • 515 posts

    Joined: 22-October 10
    Member No.: 7010

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

View PostPolitics, on 29 March 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

Can I ask what is "down town coaches association?"
Posted Image

#32 hugeplaya

    All League

  • Members
  • 91 posts

    Joined: 21-January 10
    Member No.: 5597

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

Hilarious and so true

#33 Maltese Falcon

    Hall of Fame

  • [M] Moderator
  • 4,702 posts

    Joined: 01-January 06
    Member No.: 28
  • Location:Ottawa, OH

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:13 AM

After one year of experience coaching at the Jr. High level elsewhere...I know Brock Homier is currently in the Continental school system. Any chance Kevin Homier comes back for a 3rd go around at Cont. and has his son as an assistant, or vice versa?

#34 General Tso

    All District

  • Members
  • 454 posts

    Joined: 28-January 14
    Member No.: 9596

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 31 March 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

After one year of experience coaching at the Jr. High level elsewhere...I know Brock Homier is currently in the Continental school system. Any chance Kevin Homier comes back for a 3rd go around at Cont. and has his son as an assistant, or vice versa?
One thing I do miss is the sideline pacing. Classic!!!!!! Not to be a downer but like I said before, whoever takes over hang on because it's going to be really rough the next few years. Wins are going to be few and far between and ignor the insults that will be coming your way within the first 5 games from the dilusional fans/parents. Our girls may have a better record than the boys.

dufus, what do you think?

#35 dufus

    All League

  • Members
  • 39 posts

    Joined: 04-March 14
    Member No.: 9633

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

Hey, Curtis Brown was a class act. Nobody cared more or done more for Conti hoops. Great player, great role model for young players. Up and coming coach. They threw him under the bus. Who? Try the people he was most loyal to. So sad! But hey it is what it is! Good luck Conti. Greatness awaits!!!

Edited by dufus, 01 April 2017 - 08:05 AM.


#36 fortfan

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,537 posts

    Joined: 02-July 08
    Member No.: 3645

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:45 AM

Chris Guggenbiller did not have his contract renewed at Fort Recovery. I feel he was shafted....but it is what it is.

It could be a attractive position. The incoming freshman class has not lost a game in 2 years.

Will assistant Bihn want the job? He has a boy on that freshman team.

Heard former coach Patch may be interested in returning after 2 yrs of coaching girls.

#37 flounder

    Stinkys Legend

  • [M] Moderator
  • 8,681 posts

    Joined: 01-January 06
    Member No.: 23
  • Location:Delta House---Faber College

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:02 AM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 24 March 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

Whoever coaches the Pirates please remember we are going to be absolutely horrible next year.

Today I heard from one of my dependable sources that Continental is on the mend!!!!!!

#38 flounder

    Stinkys Legend

  • [M] Moderator
  • 8,681 posts

    Joined: 01-January 06
    Member No.: 23
  • Location:Delta House---Faber College

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:03 AM

View Postfortfan, on 04 May 2017 - 06:45 AM, said:

Chris Guggenbiller did not have his contract renewed at Fort Recovery. I feel he was shafted....but it is what it is.

It could be a attractive position. The incoming freshman class has not lost a game in 2 years.

Will assistant Bihn want the job? He has a boy on that freshman team.

Heard former coach Patch may be interested in returning after 2 yrs of coaching girls.

I always thought Guggenbiller did a great job!!!!!!!!!!

#39 paperboy

    All District

  • Members
  • 489 posts

    Joined: 26-February 06
    Member No.: 544

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

I also feel Guggenbiller a raw deal. Ideally you want hometown people in those head coaching positions, and I'm guessing he got ran out by either a super, a principal, or an AD, none of who are FR people. Of course, there's always the possibility that there is more to the story, but the 'big incident' saw Guggenbiller get a suspension for yelling at a player who told him to **** off during the game. The kid didn't sit out at all.

#40 fortfan

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,537 posts

    Joined: 02-July 08
    Member No.: 3645

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:13 PM

Fort Recovery hired Michael Bashore. Was at Greenville most recently and won a GWOC Championship while there and won COY. Was also at Versailles.







1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users