Week 14 Playoff Know It Alls

3 replies to this topic

#1 Rocketcorner News

All District

• Contributing Member
  • 400 posts

Member No.: 6453

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

Alright, been busy busy busy with family and work so I am gonna post picks as I get them in today. I will post standings when I have time to look at them.

Rocketman

Well, I messed up big-time last week allowing Bubby to get back to a 3 game advantage with only 2 short weeks to go...
dang nabbit!......this week I'm hoping to get back at least 1 of them, cause my daddy always told me........"RM, go big
or go home!"......so if'n I'm not first I really don't care if Joshua slides by me.......

Taking Ready over Kirtland might get me a game back and I think that by going with Clyde over Trotwood Madison I
also have an opportunity........I think that Bubby will most likely play it safe and go with the favorites this week hoping
to protect his lead..........

13-0 Marion Local ..........going with the state champs and one for the public schools!
12-1 Wayne Trace.........that demolition last week really opened some eyes around here, especially mine
11-2 Coldwater .............this will be a great game I predict.....West Jeff is always in the mix this time of year
13-0 Kenton .................I think Bubby goes 'Cats also, but Massie is under the radar around these parts....wouldn't surprise me a bit
12-1 Clyde....................first upset on the sheet......gotta hope that they can contain TM's speed........
9-4 Mooney .................don't know if Big Red can get past all the bad press they've been getting......
13-0 ASVSM ...............the creme' de la creme' of this division.........and LeBron will be in town!
12-1 Bishop Ready .....mild upset prediction here, but I have to look for a "silver" lining someplace
11-1 St Edwards .........Mentor isn't afraid that's for sure...........another one that wouldn't surprise me or for that matter anyone in NE Ohio
12-1 Moeller ..............I just think that Moe's schedule has prepared them better.......your new state champs

Jamie Baker

Marion Local
Wayne Trace
Coldwater
Kenton
Clyde
Mooney
ASVSM
Kirtland
Mentor
Moeller

Dave Boninsegna

13-0 Marion Local vs 9-4 DSJ
Marion Local

12-1 Wayne Trace vs 11-2 Mechanicsburg

Wayne Trace

11-2 Coldwater vs 12-1 West Jefferson

coldwater

13-0 Kenton vs 12-1 Clinton-Massie

Our area goes 4-4 Kenton

12-1 Clyde vs 10-2 Trotwood Madison

Trotwood Madison

9-4 Mooney vs 9-4 Steubenville

Mooney back in regionals for third time in four years..give them the win

13-0 ASVSM vs 12-1 Marion Franklin

ASVSM

13-0 Kirtland vs 12-1 Bishop Ready

Bishop Ready
11-1 St Edwards vs 12-1 Mentor

St EDs

13-0 Hilliard Davidson vs 12-1 Moeller

Moeller

Posted Image

Tim McDonough

13-0 Marion Local vs 9-4 DSJ - Marion Local is the best team in D-VII, it will prove it against its MAC rival.

12-1 Wayne Trace vs 11-2 Mechanicsburg - Mechanicsburg is one of those teams that can control the clock, but I like Wayne Trace to keep rolling.

11-2 Coldwater vs 12-1 West Jefferson - Coldwater knows how to win in the state semifinals, the Cavs are moving on.

13-0 Kenton vs 12-1 Clinton-Massie - Kenton survived against Bryan last week, they'll survive again this week.

12-1 Clyde vs 10-2 Trotwood Madison - After pulling off the shocker, will Clyde have a letdown? I'll take Clyde in a close one.

9-4 Mooney vs 9-4 Steubenville - You don't normally see two teams with four losses each in the state semis, that being said I like Mooney to get it done.

13-0 ASVSM vs 12-1 Marion Franklin - SVSM is focused on winning state, the Irish are moving on to the finals.

13-0 Kirtland vs 12-1 Bishop Ready - Kirtland just keeps rolling on.

11-1 St Edwards vs 12-1 Mentor - Great matchup in Cleveland area, I like St. Edwards to get the win.

13-0 Hilliard Davidson vs 12-1 Moeller - Hilliard Davidson is unbeaten, until this week after Moeller knocks it off.

Josh Morgret

Marion Local
Wayne Trace
Coldwater
Kenton
Clyde
Cardinal Mooney
ASVSM
Kirtland
St. Edward
Moeller

#2 Rocketcorner News

All District

• Contributing Member
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

Kevin Oberhaus

Marion Local
Wayne Trace
Coldwater
Kenton
Trotwood Madison
Mooney
ASVSM
Kirtland
St Edward
Moeller

#3 Rocketcorner News

All District

• Contributing Member
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

Joel Miller

13-0 Marion Local vs 9-4 DSJ Marion Local
12-1 Wayne Trace vs 11-2 Mechanicsburg Wayne Trace
11-2 Coldwater vs 12-1 West Jefferson Coldwater
13-0 Kenton vs 12-1 Clinton-Massie Kenton
12-1 Clyde vs 10-2 Trotwood Madison Trotwood Madison
9-4 Mooney vs 9-4 Steubenville Mooney
13-0 ASVSM vs 12-1 Marion Franklin SVSM
13-0 Kirtland vs 12-1 Bishop Ready Bishop Ready
11-1 St Edwards vs 12-1 Mentor Mentor
13-0 Hilliard Davidson vs 12-1 Moeller Davidson

#4 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

http://rocketcorner....showtopic=22809

Rocketman, on 03 December 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

Let me be the first to congratulate Jamie Baker of the Findlay Courier for his outstanding showing in the first-ever "Know it All's" Contest.......I know that we still have 1 week of football to go, but with only 7 games on the slate and a solid lead he can't be caught in my estimation.......he played fair, he hit hard, he didn't talk smack (Ok, very little) and he was a true gentleman of the game..............

That being said, we never did decide on what the winner would receive other than a handshake for a job well done.......I know that he also goes head to head for the "Norm Nutter" award annually so I thought it only right that the RC have something also......so Bubby, what is your pleasure?
a nice engraved plaque or a $25.00 gift certificate to Fricker's?..........of course it is your choice, but I have a pretty good idea on which way you're leaning.............thanks RM

1st ANNUAL KNOW IT ALL'S CHAMPION

slice slice baby, on 03 December 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Lol

Congrats, coach b!!
Too bad there's nothing offered up for 2nd place....
I hope all continue to participate in this "contest", as it's my favorite to read up on!

Congrats, again!

Coach_B, on 04 December 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

How about a $25 donation to the charity of slicer's choice. That would be great...if she tells me what charity I'll double it and send my own check too.
Happy holidays!

slice slice baby, on 04 December 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

oh my gosh!! This is the sweetest thing ever!!!!

I'd love the donation(s) to go to Angels for Animals, where I received the most wonderful, kind, caring, irreplacable chow~chow in the world, about 15 yrs ago (or more?).
He's been such a blessing and as he's getting older, I'm getting worried about him, but, if not for Angels for Animals, our lives would not have been nearly enriched and fullfilled as they have been. He's such a caregiver/mother. He actually takes care of and protects our farm cats and even stray/wild animals--such as skunks... Not so grateful for! Lol

Enough about Rusty.

As you can see, I'm extremely grateful for Angels for Animals and hope this donation will help enrich some ones/else's life/lives as much as it has our family...and the animal that finds a loving, family home. Animals mean so much.

Coach b (Jamie Baker).. ... I can't thank you enough. This was truly a generous, gracious and much appreciated act. Thanks so much! Xoxoxo!

Animal Shelter Veterinarian
211 S. Greenlawn, Elida, Ohio 45807
(419) 339-9408

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!!!

(Btw, glad you didn't give me the option of the plaque.... Yes, I'm a plaque whore. Ha ha! :P)
;)

"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users