• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

#1 Greengiant

All League

• Members
  • 27 posts

Member No.: 9192

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

Went to the game and watched Leipsic, up thirty five, roll the ball up the floor at end of quarters too have more time... Might be the worst coaching and sportsmanship I have ever seen.. Also pressed the whole game.. Absolutely pathetic.

#2 Randyard

• Members
  • 14 posts

Member No.: 9148

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

I sure hope this is a joke. I too was at the game. Leipsic was up 40 at half. Didn't press at all in the second half. The jv players started and played 90% of 4th quarter. Fj left starters in the whole game which I have no problem with. Yes leipsic attacked on offense the whole game but how do you tell kids to stop trying?

#3 Green seagull 20

All League

• Members
  • 77 posts

Member No.: 9178

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

View PostRandyard, on 25 February 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

I sure hope this is a joke. I too was at the game. Leipsic was up 40 at half. Didn't press at all in the second half. The jv players started and played 90% of 4th quarter. Fj left starters in the whole game which I have no problem with. Yes leipsic attacked on offense the whole game but how do you tell kids to stop trying?
Maag Schroeder and kulhman all played 5+minutes in the fourth quarter

#4 Randyard

• Members
  • 14 posts

Member No.: 9148

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

It was senior night, Maag and Schroeder played with the JV players until the first deadball Maag came out. The second deadball Schroeder came out. No chance Kuhlman played 5+ minutes in the 4th. The other two starters never even stepped on the floor in the fourth.

#5 Green seagull 20

All League

• Members
  • 77 posts

Member No.: 9178

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostRandyard, on 25 February 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

It was senior night, Maag and Schroeder played with the JV players until the first deadball Maag came out. The second deadball Schroeder came out. No chance Kuhlman played 5+ minutes in the 4th. The other two starters never even stepped on the floor in the fourth.
He played a good 3-4 but that's beside the point leipsic shot rediculous on the fort and the fort had too many turnovers in the first half.. Still don't like the idea of leipsic rolling the ball up the floor when they were up thirty eight

#6 Dakota Green

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,400 posts

Member No.: 4623

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

Big deal! If Fort Jennings would just try to improve its program they would not have to worry about who is on isn't in the game. In my opinion nobody worried about Leipsic getting thumped when Kevin Brandt led them to an 0-21 record the year before Scott Maag took over. What comes around goes around. Either improve your program or consolidate with Ottoville which should be done.

#7 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostDakota Green, on 25 February 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

Big deal! If Fort Jennings would just try to improve its program they would not have to worry about who is on isn't in the game. In my opinion nobody worried about Leipsic getting thumped when Kevin Brandt led them to an 0-21 record the year before Scott Maag took over. What comes around goes around. Either improve your program or consolidate with Ottoville which should be done.

Dakota.......

I don't see much improvement if they consolidate........

Also, if Leipsic is rolling the ball up the floor.....stop it....it can't be that hard to stop!!!!!

#8 Greengiant

All League

• Members
  • 27 posts

Member No.: 9192

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostRandyard, on 25 February 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

I have no problem with playing hard but come on up 38 and rolling the ball down the floor on two occasions... You think that was needed?

Edited by Greengiant, 25 February 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#9 Cake-eater

All League

• Members
  • 32 posts

Member No.: 95

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

I was at the game as well...easy to stop them rolling ball ahead...send a player to get the BALL....also it was in the 1st half. Are you upset that Leipsic Beat you....because or

1) FJ could not match Leipsics intensity..
2) Made shots and FJ STAYED IN A ZONE...giving them open shots....but you are right they ran up the score...poor sportsmanship because Leipsic coach DEMANDS his players to play hard no matter what the score is!
3) Leipsic is just better...maybe even the players who are not starters.....

This is what is wrong with our society we blame someone else for things that go wrong.....and then post on a site....no one felt bad for Leipsic in the past when everyone beat them...What comes around goes around!!!!

I think the Leipsic players had something to prove from their poor preformance on Tuesday night and too bad for FJ you were the ones to play them that night!

#10 HRC

All League

• Members
  • 58 posts

Member No.: 3409

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Like the old adage...what comes around goes around. I remember when the Fort (when they were good) was playing inferior teams in the early to mid 2000's and were WAY AHEAD late in the game and continued to press and also kept their starters in late into the game.

If you can't stand the heat then tell your own coach the next time he has a chance to call off the dogs to do just that. Thank you.

#11 buckeyes_0

All League

• Members
  • 33 posts

Member No.: 9170

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

FJ is lucky Leipsic didn't put up 120.

#12 OhioFan

All League

• Members
  • 61 posts

Member No.: 1070

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

I hope you do not truly believe leipsic tried to score 120. If that was the case then the starters would have played the entire 4th quarter. Ty maag and brady schroeder played for about 3 minutes because they are seniors and there were no dead balls. Zach kulhman played no more than one minute. Devin mangas and austin brown did not see the floor in the 4th. You should have noticed jennings best player playing the entire 4th quarter scoring against leipsics jv. Congratulations on that one. If you were at the game you would have noticed leipsic playing full court man, not a press. Anyone who knows basketball knows that there is a big difference between the two. As far as rolling the ball goes why sit in a zone which allows the offense to do so. How about using that moment as a "coaching moment" and adjust. Maybe play a little defense instead of taking the easy way out. Ive never heard of a team running up the score in the first half. Should have tried guarding a player who hit 8 3's, that could have helped. But like always it is easy to blame the other coach when you should have been questioning your own. Goodluck to both teams in tournament.

#13 Wingman44

All League

• Members
  • 30 posts

Member No.: 9160

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:19 AM

View PostDakota Green, on 25 February 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

Dakota you really don't think this season is not bettering the program that the musketeers have. They have nine wins for the season after going 0-21 the previous season. Also there leading scorer from the previous season quit. After which is when the fort started to play more like a team if you ask me. Also on the consolidation of the fort and Ottoville. It flat out wont happen unless it is absolutely necessary. The two schools are rivals. No student/athlete from either school would go for it. Also on a the topic of the game. Yes Fort Jennings was in a zone, but that is there defense. Also not all of Kulhman's (sorry if I misspelled) 3-point shots were wide open he hit at least 3 of them wih a kid from jennings flying out to the shooter, and he was able to hit them. Heck Leipsic shot lights out, but to tell a team to improve your program or forget it. It's kind of sad considering you are talking about teenagers who work hard everyday, and put themselves on the line for their school. Congratulations to Leipsic on the victory and a share of the PCL.

#14 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

View PostWingman44, on 26 February 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

Dakota you really don't think this season is not bettering the program that the musketeers have. They have nine wins for the season after going 0-21 the previous season. Also there leading scorer from the previous season quit. After which is when the fort started to play more like a team if you ask me. Also on the consolidation of the fort and Ottoville. It flat out wont happen unless it is absolutely necessary. The two schools are rivals. No student/athlete from either school would go for it. Also on a the topic of the game. Yes Fort Jennings was in a zone, but that is there defense. Also not all of Kulhman's (sorry if I misspelled) 3-point shots were wide open he hit at least 3 of them wih a kid from jennings flying out to the shooter, and he was able to hit them. Heck Leipsic shot lights out, but to tell a team to improve your program or forget it. It's kind of sad considering you are talking about teenagers who work hard everyday, and put themselves on the line for their school. Congratulations to Leipsic on the victory and a share of the PCL.
Let's do a little research here. Since Leipsic just beat the heck out of Fort Jennings 92-66. Fort J. beat Leipsic in 1970 82-54, 1979 85-44 and 1991 88-60, but I am sure they did not run up the score. Since some of you are bagging on the Fort. Their record vs. Leipsic is 48-30 in the Fort's favor. John VS record is 302-261, Scott Maag's record is 43-43. Fort J. has won 13 PCL championships, Leipsic 5. Fort J. has won 1 State, Leipsic has never made it past the regionals, and 2 times to the regionals, 1954(lost to DSJ) and another year under Charlie Violet I believe. Fort Jennings and Ottoville are the 2 smallest schools in the PCL, Ottoville's record over Leipsic is 48-31. I could be a game off or 2, but it is pretty accurate. Good luck all teams, we will see how far Leipsic goes. They will have to get by Kalida to go very far. We will not compare Leipsic's and Kalida's record especially under RLK, it is not even close. Strange things happen in D-4 as you know. Good luck all PCL teams

#15 dw629

All State

• Members
  • 827 posts

Member No.: 5046

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

View Postvon, on 26 February 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

Let's do a little research here. Since Leipsic just beat the heck out of Fort Jennings 92-66. Fort J. beat Leipsic in 1970 82-54, 1979 85-44 and 1991 88-60, but I am sure they did not run up the score. Since some of you are bagging on the Fort. Their record vs. Leipsic is 48-30 in the Fort's favor. John VS record is 302-261, Scott Maag's record is 43-43. Fort J. has won 13 PCL championships, Leipsic 5. Fort J. has won 1 State, Leipsic has never made it past the regionals, and 2 times to the regionals, 1954(lost to DSJ) and another year under Charlie Violet I believe. Fort Jennings and Ottoville are the 2 smallest schools in the PCL, Ottoville's record over Leipsic is 48-31. I could be a game off or 2, but it is pretty accurate. Good luck all teams, we will see how far Leipsic goes. They will have to get by Kalida to go very far. We will not compare Leipsic's and Kalida's record especially under RLK, it is not even close. Strange things happen in D-4 as you know. Good luck all PCL teams

FJ people were complaining about the game not Leipsic people so I don't get this post. Leipsic is a lot different from the rest of the county and is far from a basketball school. I believe this is their first league title in 15 years.

#16 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

View Postdw629, on 26 February 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

FJ people were complaining about the game not Leipsic people so I don't get this post. Leipsic is a lot different from the rest of the county and is far from a basketball school. I believe this is their first league title in 15 years.
When Soccer came to PCL, kids realized that it is more rewarding and more successful for a few players to play soccer instead of BB. If you are a PC resident you know that. I do not know why FJ fans would complain about the team? Maybe it is time for concrete JVS to hang it up, but who are they going to get, Todd Hoehn? Maybe TVS will go back to the Fort, he did a great job at Ottoville. Kids are different now a days, there are many things for them to do. If they are not the star or they get yelled or challenged to better, they quit. That is the way it is. I will repeat this for the last time: FJ & Ottoville should have consolidated 40-50 years ago. By the way Flounder they would be a contender in whatever league they would be put in, in ALL sports, unlike your negative comment, love you.

#17 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

John Von Sossan is a cagey veteran coach with a lot of basketball knowledge and experience, if he were to step down FJ would be very fortunate to have a coach like Todd Hoehn to take over. Though with his AD and administrative duties that would be difficult.

#18 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

von.......

I was just putting that out there in hopes of getting a response....of course they would compete.......I thought they should have consolidated also, but I think the pride of the people prevented that.......you know how stubborn Dutchmen and Germans can be!!!!!!

#19 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

This has nothing to do with this particular game, but it frustrates me when people feel the last few guys on the bench need to get in during blowouts. Those couple of kids who also play JV, just played an entire JV game. Why penalize the varsity kids because they are blowing out the other team. If you've got a few kids who are seniors who don't play JV or kids who rarely play (varsity or JV) then yes, fine. But some of these JV kids play alot of varsity games to, especially when there are blowouts.

#20 Voice_of_reason

All League

• Members
  • 37 posts

Member No.: 9183

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

Common Sense would tell you that the more quarters a jv player gets especially at the varsity level can only benefit your program in the future and ready the kids when they do get the opportunity to play or start varsity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users