22 replies to this topic

#21 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:15 PM

View Postflounder, on 11 March 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

So, do you actually think a official calls a perfect game and does not miss a call.....I agree...a foul is a foul...travel a travel....3 seconds is 3 seconds lmao...who calls 3seconds anymore.....not saying it is fair, but the way officials see things today isn't the way that we as fans see them.....total different mentality.......I remember sitting in the Elida Fieldhouse playing Wayne Trace when little Hap Lauer swallowed his whistle when there should have been a foul called....he immediately waved his hands and ran for the locker room.....Steve Hall was a senior and I felt the Jays got the shaft......the sun came up the next day and I have made it through hundreds of hs and college games....it is what it is.....ever make a mistake at your job.....sorry, let em decide it in OT!!!!!

View Postwaterloowonder, on 12 March 2018 - 07:37 AM, said:

I don't like seeing ticky tack fouls called at the end of a game, but a real foul has to be called. If not called, the referee is deciding the outcome of the game. Many times I have seen teams take a lead with 20 seconds to go when the ref calls a foul allowing them shoot free throws to get that lead. The other team should not be denied the same opportunity just because it is the end of the game.

Flounder: You brought up old Hap Lauer. I think it was the year after you were talking about when OG was playing WT at Elida in the Districts - Steve Hall's Sr. year. The place was a sellout and the fans were in a frenzy before the game. One team took the floor and their fans went crazy. A few minutes later the 2nd team (can't even remember which team it was) and they tried to circle the floor and Hap thru up a road block at half court and wouldn't let them do it. It was hilarious. Saw old Hap in a bar in Maumee last summer and he said he is still officiating.

Flounder, waterloo is correct, Steve Hall was a jr the year WT won over St John at Elida, a Sr the year against OG. I was at both games as Steve was my nephew..and for the record Flounder..Hap was right in swallowing that whistle, no foul...lol

#22 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:16 PM

View PostADog, on 13 March 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

Flounder, waterloo is correct, Steve Hall was a jr the year WT won over St John at Elida, a Sr the year against OG. I was at both games as Steve was my nephew..and for the record Flounder..Hap was right in swallowing that whistle, no foul...lol

ADog.....

I did not remember his year in high school.......I actually hoped Hap choked on that whistle....not serious......and I would have been proud to have Steve Hall as my nephew....a great person!!!!!

#23 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:24 PM

Incredible how many tournament games are played in the 30's scoring. Over coaching, scared of making mistakes. Let the kids play. Official, if it's a foul, call it. If you are cognisant of the time, score, number of fouls the star player has, then you are impacting the game and that's wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users