60 replies to this topic

#41 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Member No.: 2841

Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:58 PM

View PostOutspoken, on 04 March 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

I was there and don't have a dog in the fight. Hempfling is a great player....very skilled, and probably a good kid. I DO know that #4 from Crestview is not a dirty player. Here's the facts......bad call on the intentional. Their legs got inadvertently tangled up and Katie was dramatic.....flop all the way!!! However she did take a couple hard fouls earlier and hit the deck hard. The thing that disappointed me the most were the OG fans especially during the postgame awards. I've always bragged to others about the high support and high hoops IQ of Titan fans. When #4 received her runner up medal (after a 15 point District Final Titan Win), OG fans (not all of course but too many) booed her. A 17 year old high school girls player......BOOED her!!! I couldn't believe what I saw and heard. Disappointing and classless in every sense. Adults. Nice behavior. If you booed, I pity you and find you totally lame and pathetic. It's a high school game that your team won. When you left the Fieldhouse, did you find any elderly or handicapped people to trip or boo?? Good Lord

And there were also a bunch of crestview fans yelling negative things at the whole game and telling Hempfling to sit down when it was announced that she broke the schools scoring record. That stuff goes both ways, doesn't mean that 1 set represents an entire fan base, that is just foolish.
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

#42 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:59 PM

View Postvon, on 03 March 2018 - 10:08 PM, said:

What did you see Charlie? I was listening on the computer, and the announcer thought the girls should have been thrown out, but he was bias toward OG.

Wellllllll it is an OG broadcast ;)

Thanks for listening!
Henry Ford

#43 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:53 AM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 04 March 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

I was rooting for O-G to make it but after the above post about O-G fans I just switched to L-B. Who's with me on this?

I think there’s some things left out of his post
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#44 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:05 AM

I was there and don’t have a dog in the fight. Hempfling is a great player....very skilled, and probably a good kid. I DO know that #4 from Crestview is not a dirty player. Here’s the facts......bad call on the intentional. Their legs got inadvertently tangled up and Katie was dramatic.....flop all the way!!! However she did take a couple hard fouls earlier and hit the deck hard. The thing that disappointed me the most were the OG fans especially during the postgame awards. I’ve always bragged to others about the high support and high hoops IQ of Titan fans. When #4 received her runner up medal (after a 15 point District Final Titan Win), OG fans (not all of course but too many) booed her. A 17 year old high school girls player......BOOED her!!! I couldn’t believe what I saw and heard. Disappointing and classless in every sense. Adults. Nice behavior. If you booed, I pity you and find you totally lame and pathetic. It’s a high school game that your team won. When you left the Fieldhouse, did you find any elderly or handicapped people to trip or boo?? Good Lord

Well first off it doesn’t matter if a player is not known to being a dirty player. Anyone can be one at any time. On top of what TiGger said I heard Crestview fans were cheering when Hempfling got hurt. So if that were true, I wouldn’t be singling out OG fans here. Sounds like a very hostile environment that game.

#45 titanman01

All District

• Members
  • 114 posts

Member No.: 7693

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:12 AM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 04 March 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

I was rooting for O-G to make it but after the above post about O-G fans I just switched to L-B. Who's with me on this?

I rarely post however I follow the threads. If you don't want to cheer for us that's fine. Honestly it says more about you than it does about us. If you flip teams that quickly based off someone else's post about a game you didn't even see then so be it. I was there, I didn't boo anyone, some people did and some Crestview fans were booing as well. That's just the way it goes, OG has great fans and I'm sure Crestview does too, but you go ahead and follow whoever you want, it has no imapct on anyone.

#46 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Member No.: 8871

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:53 AM

I was there and don't have a dog in the fight. Hempfling is a great player....very skilled, and probably a good kid. I DO know that #4 from Crestview is not a dirty player. Here's the facts......bad call on the intentional. Their legs got inadvertently tangled up and Katie was dramatic.....flop all the way!!! However she did take a couple hard fouls earlier and hit the deck hard. The thing that disappointed me the most were the OG fans especially during the postgame awards. I've always bragged to others about the high support and high hoops IQ of Titan fans. When #4 received her runner up medal (after a 15 point District Final Titan Win), OG fans (not all of course but too many) booed her. A 17 year old high school girls player......BOOED her!!! I couldn't believe what I saw and heard. Disappointing and classless in every sense. Adults. Nice behavior. If you booed, I pity you and find you totally lame and pathetic. It's a high school game that your team won. When you left the Fieldhouse, did you find any elderly or handicapped people to trip or boo?? Good Lord

A couple things....in all the years I've seen Kadie play she has never left a game due to injury unless she was really hurt....and she did it twice Saturday...once after the hard foul on a breakway in the first half.....that to me should have been intentional....and also after the intentional foul call. Watch the video...it shows her face while she was sitting on the ground....and tell me she was being dramatic? C'mon...that was a girl holding her leg thinking she may be seriously hurt....there was no "drama" to it. As far as the Crestview girl (you posted her number I didn't)....I watched the 4th quarter replay after having seen it live. I watched her and Kadie the entire quarter....even when the ball wasn't in Kadie's hands.....ok, maybe not dirty...but about as close as you can get....at least a half dozen forearms to the back and head....mostly when the ball was nowhere close to them and nobody was watching. It will be on again, watch for yourself. Say what you want about the fans and their reaction....Kadie is a great kid and nobody wants to see her hurt....if the fans watched the fourth quarter and saw what I did, that's why they booed....not because of the one intentional foul. Sorry, but the girl brought the boos on herself....I don't care if she's 17 or 27...you know what they say....you make your bed, you sleep in it :)

#47 Outspoken

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,187 posts

Member No.: 243

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:57 AM

No, I disagree. Any adult who boos a kid playing high school sports is a tool. End of story! I do want to say, I’m sure Kadie IS a great kid and my goodness she is talented! BG is getting a great one. Impressed with her in all aspects, shooting, ball handling, rebounding and D (steals). I will also repeat, I am NOT labeling all Titan fans. As an overall fan base, arguably the best in our area. If Crestview fans booed, shame on them as well. Booing high school kids is rock bottom....no excuses

#48 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:32 PM

View PostOutspoken, on 05 March 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

No, I disagree. Any adult who boos a kid playing high school sports is a tool. End of story! I do want to say, I'm sure Kadie IS a great kid and my goodness she is talented! BG is getting a great one. Impressed with her in all aspects, shooting, ball handling, rebounding and D (steals). I will also repeat, I am NOT labeling all Titan fans. As an overall fan base, arguably the best in our area. If Crestview fans booed, shame on them as well. Booing high school kids is rock bottom....no excuses

Wow, sorry I brought that up, good to hear both sides though. Glad she did not get hurt. Some players and their parents are poor losers, runs in the family. No class. They are at many schools. It takes a real winner to be classy when they lose.

#49 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:38 PM

View PostOutspoken, on 05 March 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

No, I disagree. Any adult who boos a kid playing high school sports is a tool. End of story! I do want to say, I’m sure Kadie IS a great kid and my goodness she is talented! BG is getting a great one. Impressed with her in all aspects, shooting, ball handling, rebounding and D (steals). I will also repeat, I am NOT labeling all Titan fans. As an overall fan base, arguably the best in our area. If Crestview fans booed, shame on them as well. Booing high school kids is rock bottom....no excuses

I totally agree with this post 100%!!!!!

Also, it is only hs sports....the sun still comes up the next morning....but, I still marvel at parents!!!

#50 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:22 PM

I will say this. As much as I may find booing a high school kid wrong, I will say I get it to an extent. Fans are passionate. Ask yourself why do you think OG fans were booing a girl? Because she appeared to have intentionally hurt their best player. And personally if I’m her parents I’m outraged and I may even boo especially if there was intent. I mean that kids future is at stake and even the team for that season. I don’t think that’s someone being a tool, I think that’s someone showing their disapproval of what that girl did. That’s passion amongst that fan base. We can think it’s wrong for booing but in the same sense it’s wrong to intentionally try to hurt someone. Now if there wasn’t intent and it appeared to be an accident than ya fans need to calm down and understand it wasn’t intentional. Or if fans were shouting horrible things to this girl then that’s a problem and from what I heard a Crestview fans were doing just that. Between that and cheering on what this girl apparently did to the Hempfling girl is way more classless than what OG fans did. That’s the real issue here. Assuming that is true though. Just my opinion.

Edited by Mysterio, 05 March 2018 - 06:44 PM.

#51 CKalltheway

All District

• Members
  • 128 posts

Member No.: 9579

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:33 PM

View PostMysterio, on 04 March 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

So are you saying that it was blatant then?
Yes, blatant flopping, so hard she hurt herself.

#52 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:40 PM

OG defeats LB this evening 48-37
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#53 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:10 PM

View PostRocketman, on 06 March 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

OG defeats LB this evening 48-37

Titans now take on Western Reserve on Saturday at 1pm and would play Hiland or Africentric in State Semis with a win.
Henry Ford

#54 FlightCrew

All State

• Members
  • 519 posts

Member No.: 9467

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:49 AM

What's word on Western Reserve?

#55 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:36 PM

Leipsic beat Wayne Trace 55-43 in the regional semis at Elida in game 1. Looking like an all PCL regional final at the fieldhouse Sat. night

#56 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:57 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 08 March 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

Leipsic beat Wayne Trace 55-43 in the regional semis at Elida in game 1. Looking like an all PCL regional final at the fieldhouse Sat. night

Leipsic vs. Ottoville Sat. Should be a a great one.

#57 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:48 PM

View Postvon, on 08 March 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

Leipsic vs. Ottoville Sat. Should be a a great one.

Ottoville 52 Leipsic 29, Columbus for the 7th time, maybe this will be lucky no. 7. Go Lady Green.

#58 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

Minster defeats Fort Loramie 44-28.

#59 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:47 PM

Ottawa Glandorf defeats Western Reserve 62- 40. Lady titans earn their way to state for the 4th year in a row.

#60 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Member No.: 9596

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:15 PM

Way to many blowouts in regionals for the area. As Bobby mentioned earlier in the season there's a lot of bad, unwatchable basketball in the area. Anyway, good luck to the local teams.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users