Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:05 PM

http://419sports.com...ournament-draw/

Here is a more complete schedule:

http://www.ohsnonlin...61?referrer_id=

Ottoville- Ft. Jennings on March 2 looks like maybe the best sectional game in NW Ohio. the 2 teams split this season and will meet at Van Wert, 8:00

#3 CTX_1

All State

• Members
  • 584 posts

Member No.: 3186

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:31 PM

How will the Elida district look then?

Crestview/Antwerp/Parkway winner will play????

and who is the other match ups?

I know Paulding sectional feeds into Elida district along with Van Wert.

#4 buckeye1503

All District

• Members
  • 182 posts

Member No.: 9936

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

Is there a bracket?

#5 stifler

All District

• Members
  • 350 posts

Member No.: 4402

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:36 PM

From a unbiased source

Crestview
DSJ
Wayne Trace
Ottoville
These teams advance to Elida.

#6 Fourfather

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Member No.: 9537

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:19 PM

Crestview is the best team in this district, but I'd like to see a healthy Hicksville at tourney time. A rematch between Lincolnview and WT should be worth watching, but personally I want a Crestview WT matchup in the district finals.

#7 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:24 PM

View PostFourfather, on 11 February 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

Crestview is the best team in this district, but I'd like to see a healthy Hicksville at tourney time. A rematch between Lincolnview and WT should be worth watching, but personally I want a Crestview WT matchup in the district finals.

That's BS Ottoville is playing FJ and vice versa. Same with LV and WT. Who set these up up?

#8 Prince

All District

• Members
  • 243 posts

Member No.: 9937

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:38 PM

The coaches do....based on seed, they pick where they want to go.

#9 Fourfather

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Member No.: 9537

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:39 PM

Pretty sure the coaches decided the outcome of the draw, not sure what your asking.

#10 CTX_1

All State

• Members
  • 584 posts

Member No.: 3186

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:43 PM

1) Crestview
Parkway/Antwerp

Ft Jennings/Ottoville

______________________________________________________________ DISTRICT SEMIS
2) Wayne Trace
Lincolnview/Continental

3) DSJ
Hicksville/Ayersville

Needless to say, the Elida district could be absolutely loaded and I would say the best in Ohio in D4....yet again. It used to be the Van Wert sectional was arguably the best in the state. the districts don't get any easier.

Edited by CTX_1, 11 February 2018 - 09:45 PM.

#11 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:44 PM

View PostCTX_1, on 11 February 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

1) Crestview
Parkway/Antwerp

Ft Jennings/Ottoville

______________________________________________________________ DISTRICT SEMIS
2) Wayne Trace
Lincolnview/Continental

3) DSJ
Hicksville/Ayersville

Needless to say, the Elida district could be absolutely loaded and I would say the best in Ohio in D4....yet again. It used to be the Van Wert sectional was arguably the best in the state. the districts don't get any easier.

Why would 2 decent teams with 5 losses play each other and not each play a team that has 10 or so losses? I do not have all the brakets yet, they are only 3 miles apart as you know. Do they seed them, and 1 plays 12, 2 vs.11,etc? They sure do do that out here. They pit 15-5 teams with teams with many more losses, but only 3 teams get in from each league. Some body explain the seeding procedure to me? Thanks

#12 paperboy

All State

• Members
  • 508 posts

Member No.: 544

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

View Postvon, on 11 February 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

Why would 2 decent teams with 5 losses play each other and not each play a team that has 10 or so losses? I do not have all the brakets yet, they are only 3 miles apart as you know. Do they seed them, and 1 plays 12, 2 vs.11,etc? They sure do do that out here. They pit 15-5 teams with teams with many more losses, but only 3 teams get in from each league. Some body explain the seeding procedure to me? Thanks

It looks like Crestview, Wayne Trace, and DSJ got the top three seeds, and they all took byes. Not sure who got the fourth (Ottoville or FJ) but they went on the bracket on Crestview’s side. They took a slot where winning one game will get them a sectional championship rather than having to play a lesser team first but then having to contend with Crestview, WT, or DSJ.

The team with the 5th seed (apparently either Ottoville or FJ) had the same choice to make and decided to go against their neighbor rather than taking on one of the top three seeds.

If I’ve read this wrong I’m sure someone will correct me.

#13 WeekendWarrior

All District

• Members
  • 386 posts

Member No.: 1612

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:57 PM

View Postpaperboy, on 11 February 2018 - 11:36 PM, said:

It looks like Crestview, Wayne Trace, and DSJ got the top three seeds, and they all took byes. Not sure who got the fourth (Ottoville or FJ) but they went on the bracket on Crestview’s side. They took a slot where winning one game will get them a sectional championship rather than having to play a lesser team first but then having to contend with Crestview, WT, or DSJ.

The team with the 5th seed (apparently either Ottoville or FJ) had the same choice to make and decided to go against their neighbor rather than taking on one of the top three seeds.

If I’ve read this wrong I’m sure someone will correct me.

You are correct. FJ was the 4 seed. Ottoville was the 5 seed and chose to play FJ.

#14 Ericles

All State

• Members
  • 508 posts

Member No.: 5556

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

View Postvon, on 11 February 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

Teams get to place themselves on the bracket in order of seed. It's as simple as that.

#15 FlightCrew

All State

• Members
  • 519 posts

Member No.: 9467

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:12 AM

View PostWeekendWarrior, on 11 February 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

You are correct. FJ was the 4 seed. Ottoville was the 5 seed and chose to play FJ.

I know OV coach was upset about 5 seed so MAYBE he opted to go at FtJ out of frustration ... just a guess.

#16 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:30 AM

View PostFlightCrew, on 12 February 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

I know OV coach was upset about 5 seed so MAYBE he opted to go at FtJ out of frustration ... just a guess.

Ya it’s all about where you select to go and I’m a bit surprised myself I thought Ottoville would get the 3 seed. DSJ get the 4 and FJ get the 5. But oh well
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#17 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Member No.: 8871

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:16 AM

View PostMysterio, on 12 February 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

Ya it's all about where you select to go and I'm a bit surprised myself I thought Ottoville would get the 3 seed. DSJ get the 4 and FJ get the 5. But oh well

I don't think either FJ or Ottoville had a shot at #3....St Johns' schedule was just so much tougher their either of theirs....it offset the additional loss. As for where the Big Green went...it's simple......Ottoville looked at the available options....1) take a bye, win one game against FJ and move on to the District....or 2) play 2 games, including one against either Wayne Trace or DSJ to move on to the District. Obviously they thought FJ was their best chance for a win. They will have to play Crestview either way....it doesn't really matter if it's the District semi's or the District final

Edited by charliesheen, 12 February 2018 - 10:17 AM.

#18 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:48 PM

Well see that’s the thing. I don’t think DSJ has a much tougher schedule. Both Ottoville and FJ played a couple good MAC schools that DSJ lost to both played and beat Crestview (yes I know they were not the same team then as they are now). DSJ played few more good MAC schools both OV and FJ played couple really good PCL schools. I guess in a way 2-5 are really close in my opinion. Could have gone either way in my opinion but at this point some teams should have done more in the end to get a bettter ranking.

Either way I do agree with everything else you said about the path. Crestview and PG would be a nice matchup in regionals.

Edited by Mysterio, 12 February 2018 - 02:06 PM.

No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#19 stifler

All District

• Members
  • 350 posts

Member No.: 4402

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:46 PM

I think the boys from USV are about to open a can on those Mac teams. Every year we hear how good they at. Didn’t bother Perry last year they handled them and went all the way to the capital city to play in the big tournament and I think the Rams have just as good a chance as anybody. Earlier we held a explosive team like Hardon Northern to 21 points. See if you can top that Mac.I know your conference has that catholic school St Henry, but those boys are no different than at boys. I also herd the other day while in that bar over there in Roundhead sumthin about a Marion team. Let me tell you about those teams from Marion. They probably will be tough cause anyone livin in those conditions have got to be tough. Anywho I am looking forward to mixin it up with those farm boys from the Mac. It’s going to be a war.

#20 Outspoken

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,187 posts

Member No.: 243

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:20 PM

Stifler, first of all, please ease up on the long neck consumption. Secondly, get some tutoring please. If you’re not up for tutoring, please hire someone from USV with a high school diploma that will type for you as you dictate

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users