Jump to content



2019 Coaching Changes


79 replies to this topic

#41 Bobby

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,387 posts

    Joined: 02-January 06
    Member No.: 71

Posted 01 April 2019 - 05:49 PM

View Posterniefurgler, on 01 April 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

I had heard the rumors a couple months ago that this would be Bests' last hurrah at Crestview. Does seem odd, especially with the younger Etzler (Top 50 player in the country for his recruiting class)....he & four warm bodies could still manage a district title.

Just a reminder... TWO Etzlers and several 3 and 4 year starting seniors needed a miracle to win a district title this year.


#42 von

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,537 posts

    Joined: 14-December 06
    Member No.: 1604

Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:25 PM

View PostBobby, on 01 April 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

Just a reminder... TWO Etzlers and several 3 and 4 year starting seniors needed a miracle to win a district title this year.

I am sure Van Wert S.D. pays more than Crestview in salary, plus Van Wert has some players coming up more than Crestview.

#43 gulfstream4

    Newbie

  • Members
  • 13 posts

    Joined: 07-December 09
    Member No.: 5429

Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:51 AM

View Postvon, on 01 April 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

I am sure Van Wert S.D. pays more than Crestview in salary, plus Van Wert has some players coming up more than Crestview.
Von This whole thing probably just got derailed with VW hiring Temple as there AD starting in 2020. Before that happened it was gonna happen. Now Will C ....

#44 cougarsno1

    Hall of Fame

  • [M] Moderator
  • 3,797 posts

    Joined: 10-January 06
    Member No.: 162
  • Location:Van Wert or at the Lake!!!

Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:07 PM

I don't see Best coming to VW but his wife's side of the family have been loyal Cougars for years. I just hope we don't hire within the system again but not holding my breath......

#45 flounder

    Stinkys Legend

  • [M] Moderator
  • 8,986 posts

    Joined: 01-January 06
    Member No.: 23
  • Location:Delta House---Faber College

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:05 PM

 cougarsno1, on 04 April 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

I don't see Best coming to VW but his wife's side of the family have been loyal Cougars for years. I just hope we don't hire within the system again but not holding my breath......

OMG.....my friend cougs is back....how is it going cougs....I agree with you, I think the best for Best is to stay at Crestview.....Van Wert will find a very capable coach outside of the system with no ties to VW.....best way to go!!!!!!!

#46 cougarsno1

    Hall of Fame

  • [M] Moderator
  • 3,797 posts

    Joined: 10-January 06
    Member No.: 162
  • Location:Van Wert or at the Lake!!!

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:10 PM

 flounder, on 04 April 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:



OMG.....my friend cougs is back....how is it going cougs....I agree with you, I think the best for Best is to stay at Crestview.....Van Wert will find a very capable coach outside of the system with no ties to VW.....best way to go!!!!!!!

Not too bad! Howís The Fish been? I really havenít heard any candidates yet. Need to do some investigating......

#47 reckless427

    Newbie

  • New Members
  • 3 posts

    Joined: 14-August 09
    Member No.: 4957

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:02 AM

I am usually the one reading and not the one posting but heard this and wanted to share and see what the thoughts are. Heard from a reliable source (I know that is always used but I wouldn't post anything unless it is reliable.), that Dan "The Man" Hegemier went into Memorial high school to discuss their Boys Vacancy. Not sure if he was there on his behalf or the schools but none the less, he is interested in getting back into it. The real question is not about him getting back in but would he and Doug Frye be able to coexist? That is the real question. Don't know I guess we will see. Right now it is still a rumor.

#48 Fall Ball

    All League

  • Members
  • 20 posts

    Joined: 22-February 15
    Member No.: 9805

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:11 PM

Geez! Looks like a lot of things are shaking up coaching wise in the area. Had heard a few rumors of possible openings but you all have brought a few new ones up. Will be interesting to see how things end up.

#49 Maltese Falcon

    Hall of Fame

  • [M] Moderator
  • 4,877 posts

    Joined: 01-January 06
    Member No.: 28
  • Location:Ottawa, OH

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:38 AM

View Postreckless427, on 10 April 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

I am usually the one reading and not the one posting but heard this and wanted to share and see what the thoughts are. Heard from a reliable source (I know that is always used but I wouldn't post anything unless it is reliable.), that Dan "The Man" Hegemier went into Memorial high school to discuss their Boys Vacancy. Not sure if he was there on his behalf or the schools but none the less, he is interested in getting back into it. The real question is not about him getting back in but would he and Doug Frye be able to coexist? That is the real question. Don't know I guess we will see. Right now it is still a rumor.

good call reckless427.....Dan Hegemier has indeed agreed to return to St. Mary's as boys varsity HC, per the Lima News

#50 cougarsno1

    Hall of Fame

  • [M] Moderator
  • 3,797 posts

    Joined: 10-January 06
    Member No.: 162
  • Location:Van Wert or at the Lake!!!

Posted 19 April 2019 - 05:02 PM

I haven't heard a peep yet about the VW vacancy....... All my sources have't heard anything either......

#51 Maltese Falcon

    Hall of Fame

  • [M] Moderator
  • 4,877 posts

    Joined: 01-January 06
    Member No.: 28
  • Location:Ottawa, OH

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:20 AM

I am hearing the list of applicants for the VW HC position has been underwhelming up to this point.........but that may change as of this morning.

#52 MCguy

    All State

  • Members
  • 908 posts

    Joined: 04-January 06
    Member No.: 103
  • Location:Miller City

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:43 AM

Jeremy Best is out at Crestview. Resignation went public this morning.

#53 cougarsno1

    Hall of Fame

  • [M] Moderator
  • 3,797 posts

    Joined: 10-January 06
    Member No.: 162
  • Location:Van Wert or at the Lake!!!

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:54 AM

Interesting development.......

#54 gulfstream4

    Newbie

  • Members
  • 13 posts

    Joined: 07-December 09
    Member No.: 5429

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:31 AM

Best leaving was a done deal loooooong ago. The Temple hire left a bump in the road. Crestview other then the Etzler kid has no one who can dribble and chew gum at the same time. Hes jumpin ship and gonna coach a loaded VW team.... possible with the Etzler kid and win with them where Bagley couldn't come close.

#55 Maltese Falcon

    Hall of Fame

  • [M] Moderator
  • 4,877 posts

    Joined: 01-January 06
    Member No.: 28
  • Location:Ottawa, OH

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:28 PM

Van Wert is not loaded. A decent future maybe.....

#56 Outspoken

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

    Joined: 22-January 06
    Member No.: 243

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:48 PM

Van Wert is nowhere close to being loaded. Someone gave you some bad info there!

#57 Rocketman

    Stinkys Legend

  • [A] Administrator
  • 13,127 posts

    Joined: 28-December 05
    Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:31 PM

View PostOutspoken, on 25 April 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

Van Wert is nowhere close to being loaded. Someone gave you some bad info there!
Best could drag some talent from the Middle Point/Delphos/Spencerville area with him
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#58 gulfstream4

    Newbie

  • Members
  • 13 posts

    Joined: 07-December 09
    Member No.: 5429

Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:38 PM

My Guess is Doug Etzler will be the new coach at Crestview and it seems that VW hiring Temple as its new AD may have nixed Best goin there since Temple was at Crestview for 1 yr. Before being showed the door ... Get ur popcorn out boyz ...

#59 Outspoken

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

    Joined: 22-January 06
    Member No.: 243

Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:24 PM

Doug Etzler isnít leaving Teays Valley. Tony Springer will be the next coach at Crestview. Iíd be shocked if heís not selected

#60 flounder

    Stinkys Legend

  • [M] Moderator
  • 8,986 posts

    Joined: 01-January 06
    Member No.: 23
  • Location:Delta House---Faber College

Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:57 PM

Doug Etzler will not come back to coach Crestview....that would be a great scenario, but not going to happen....why would anybody leave Cbus to coach at Crestview......I guess I have seen stranger things, but it would surprise!!!!







1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users