All League

• Members
  • 21 posts

Member No.: 9251

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

Why cant wrestling matches

#1- start on time
#2- Put the weight of the match on the scoreboard
#3- have announced who Is wrestling each match (in duals)

I went to a match last night and there wasn't even a team score, only match scores..

I love the sport, and I am able to follow, but a lot of people are not. Our sport needs to be more inviting to the casual spectator, If not, we are only hurting the sport.

some schools are pretty good, so I don't want to say this is like this everywhere, But by far, this is going on regularly in a lot of places.

#2 Week 10 All-American

All State

• Members
  • 692 posts

Member No.: 1315

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:19 AM

bad knees-

Agreed. Starting on time is an absolute must. It has to happen.

I love watching wrestling. My oldest son wrestles, as do my younger elementary boys... the last two weekends my wife and I have spent the following number of hours in a gym watching them:
Last Friday- Wife- 4 hours
Last Saturday- both of us- 7 hours
Last Sunday- both of us- 5 hours
This Friday- Me- 5 hours
Yesterday- both of us- 6 hours

My back, hips and knees are so tired of sitting in gymnasium bleachers.

FWIW- all the events we spent this time at were well ran, started on time, always had kids wrestling (which is a pet peeve of mine. Go to a tournament that has 6 mats out and 2 of them are sitting empty!!!!!!! AAAAARRRAGGGGHHH!!!!)

#3 bad knees

All League

• Members
  • 21 posts

Member No.: 9251

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:06 PM

Most of the problems I've seen are at dual, and tri meets.. Most of the time they don't announce what weight they are starting with (which is another issue I don't like), then with the jockeying around of lineups that coaches do to get the best matchups (which I love).. You never know what weight class they are on.. Then they pull some high school girl from out of the hall way to run the score board, and boy, what a mess.. I guess I'd just like to see more organization, and assume there are fans out there who don't know what's going on, and inform them... Sorry, rant over!

#4 Greendogfriend

All District

• Members
  • 111 posts

Member No.: 5579

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:43 PM

Have to agree to all of the comments above. Especially at big tournaments and all different weight classes on the mats at the same time. Hard to keep track of!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users