#1 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Member No.: 8871

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

Upgraded to 4 divisions for your viewing pleasure.....and awaaaaaay we go:

D1: Basically just the TRAC.....not much to see here :nerd:

1. Toledo St Johns (7-2) Home games with St Francis and Lakewood St Ed's next week
2. Toledo Whitmer (8-2)
3. Toledo St Francis (7-2)
4. Southview (9-1)...gonna be tough to move up....schedule not nearly as strong as the Top 3
5. Findlay (7-3)
Other: Northview, Lima Senior, Anthony Wayne

D2: This one was tough....

1. Wauseon (10-0)...still not convinced they'll beat Elida, but a win over unbeaten S-view on the road gets them this spot....for now. Will need to beat Archbold on the 19th to have a chance to finish #1
2. Elida (10-0)....sorry Dawg fans...but with quite a few big games left there's a pretty good chance they can take the #1 spot back from the Indians before season's end
3. Shawnee (9-2)....St Johns at home next Saturday
4. Wapak (7-3)....not a fan of them playing so many small schools, but I needed to fill 5 spots
5. Lexington (7-3)....games with ranked D3's OG and Upper Sandusky coming up

D3:

1. Ottawa Glandorf (10-0)...at Findlay next Saturday then Lima Senor on the 20th
2. Archbold (7-2)....Losses to teams with combined 20-0 record by 11 points both on the road....rematch with Wauseon coming up
3. Versailles (10-0)....win over Fort Loramie on Tuesday @ Marion Local Satuday...may jump the Streaks
4. Anna (9-2)....Fort Loramie Friday, St Henry Saturday
5. Upper Sandusky (10-2)....at D2 #5 Lexington next Satuday

Others: Carey, Oak Harbor, Genoa, Cardinal Stritch, Coldwater, Ft Recovery

D4: ..toughest division to rank by far...too many teams who just haven't shown up like expected this year

1. Fort Loramie (10-0)....Versailles, Anna and Thurgood Marshall in the next 8 days...could be the toughest 8 day stretch for any D4 team in the state this year!!
2. St Henry (8-2)....Minster and Anna both on the road next weekend
3. Ottoville (11-2)...big win at Minster last night
4. Pandora (9-1)....gotta figure out their offense...40's won't keep getting W's...rivalry game at Leipsic on Friday....then a huge game with #3 Ottoville on Saturday...chance to prove they belong here
5. Kalida (9-2)...really think they could be above PG...but I'll let next weekend decide that
6. Minster (5-2)....Coldwater Tues, St Henry Friday Chance to move up a spot or 2
7. Crestview (6-3)....still have games w/ Shawnee, LCC, Lincolnview, Wayne Trace & Hicksville
8. Delphos St Johns (5-4)....4 losses to teams with combined 5 losses....need to take down the 'Birds today to keep this spot...nobody .500 or below gets to stay in the poll :shrug2:
9. Marion Local (5-3)...late start due to football...3 losses by 13 pts....Versailles on Friday
10. Ft Jennings (7-3)....Arlington loss really hurts them....at Kalida on Friday

Others: Lincolnview (6-4), Hicksville (8-1), Wayne Trace (7-2), Pettisville(9-1), Russia (7-4), Toledo Christian (9-1)

Edited by charliesheen, 07 January 2018 - 11:12 AM.

#2 Prince

All District

• Members
  • 243 posts

Member No.: 9937

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

Versailles is easily above Archbold my friend...i realize both of Archbold's losses have come against very good teams, but the Tigers have the best player in our area.

#3 Prince

All District

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:09 AM

And no USV? They are 8-2 and have beaten Pandora Gilboa and Van Buren, they should definitely be in the mix.

#4 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:55 PM

charlie........

Great rankings.....Versailles vs Fort Loramie will be a real battle.......I can't quite figure out Versailles....they beat a very good Anna team albeit by only 2, but also beat a not so good New Bremen team by only 4.......so who knows. I think Fort Loramie will be really tested their next 3 games......great rankings though!!!!!!!

#5 buckeye1503

All District

• Members
  • 182 posts

Member No.: 9936

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:01 PM

charliesheen, on 07 January 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

Upgraded to 4 divisions for your viewing pleasure.....and awaaaaaay we go:

D1: Basically just the TRAC.....not much to see here :nerd:

1. Toledo St Johns (7-2) Home games with St Francis and Lakewood St Ed's next week
2. Toledo Whitmer (8-2)
3. Toledo St Francis (7-2)
4. Southview (9-1)...gonna be tough to move up....schedule not nearly as strong as the Top 3
5. Findlay (7-3)
Other: Northview, Lima Senior, Anthony Wayne

D2: This one was tough....

1. Wauseon (10-0)...still not convinced they'll beat Elida, but a win over unbeaten S-view on the road gets them this spot....for now. Will need to beat Archbold on the 19th to have a chance to finish #1
2. Elida (10-0)....sorry Dawg fans...but with quite a few big games left there's a pretty good chance they can take the #1 spot back from the Indians before season's end
3. Shawnee (9-2)....St Johns at home next Saturday
4. Wapak (7-3)....not a fan of them playing so many small schools, but I needed to fill 5 spots
5. Lexington (7-3)....games with ranked D3's OG and Upper Sandusky coming up

D3:

1. Ottawa Glandorf (10-0)...at Findlay next Saturday then Lima Senor on the 20th
2. Archbold (7-2)....Losses to teams with combined 20-0 record by 11 points both on the road....rematch with Wauseon coming up
3. Versailles (10-0)....win over Fort Loramie on Tuesday @ Marion Local Satuday...may jump the Streaks
4. Anna (9-2)....Fort Loramie Friday, St Henry Saturday
5. Upper Sandusky (10-2)....at D2 #5 Lexington next Satuday

Others: Carey, Oak Harbor, Genoa, Cardinal Stritch, Coldwater, Ft Recovery

D4: ..toughest division to rank by far...too many teams who just haven't shown up like expected this year

1. Fort Loramie (10-0)....Versailles, Anna and Thurgood Marshall in the next 8 days...could be the toughest 8 day stretch for any D4 team in the state this year!!
2. St Henry (8-2)....Minster and Anna both on the road next weekend
3. Ottoville (11-2)...big win at Minster last night
4. Pandora (9-1)....gotta figure out their offense...40's won't keep getting W's...rivalry game at Leipsic on Friday....then a huge game with #3 Ottoville on Saturday...chance to prove they belong here
5. Kalida (9-2)...really think they could be above PG...but I'll let next weekend decide that
6. Minster (5-2)....Coldwater Tues, St Henry Friday Chance to move up a spot or 2
7. Crestview (6-3)....still have games w/ Shawnee, LCC, Lincolnview, Wayne Trace & Hicksville
8. Delphos St Johns (5-4)....4 losses to teams with combined 5 losses....need to take down the 'Birds today to keep this spot...nobody .500 or below gets to stay in the poll :shrug2:
9. Marion Local (5-3)...late start due to football...3 losses by 13 pts....Versailles on Friday
10. Ft Jennings (7-3)....Arlington loss really hurts them....at Kalida on Friday

Others: Lincolnview (6-4), Hicksville (8-1), Wayne Trace (7-2), Pettisville(9-1), Russia (7-4), Toledo Christian (9-1)

Winner of the ottoville vs PG game should jump up to #1

#6 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

And honestly, Ottoville beat Minster the way they did was no surprise.......not using it as a excuse, but you will see it many times during the season...and not just the MAC, but a conference game preparation and performance is different than the game that follows on Saturday........Ottoville handled it better than Minster!!!!!!!!

#7 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:21 PM

charlie.......

AP poll has Fort Loramie ranked number 1.....also Anna and Versailles are ranked....and I believe that Versailles is ranked higher than OG....but don't hold me to that...only glanced at the rankings!!!!!

#8 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:24 PM

charles......

Saw the new AP rankings and Fort Loramie is ranked in the 1 slot......also Anna is ranked and I believe they have Versailles ranked above OG, but don't hold me to that as I only got a glance at the rankings......and I believe Minster was ranked higher that Ottoville!!!!!

#9 Prince

All District

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:28 AM

The new rankings that they put out yesterday are so dumb...they continue to get worse every year as voters have fallen off. They have Minster higher than Ottoville, despite just being spanked by the Big Green. It's hard to take those seriously anymore.

#10 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:31 AM

Looking good Billy Ray!.......
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#11 CTX_1

All State

• Members
  • 584 posts

Member No.: 3186

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:29 AM

flounder, on 08 January 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

charles......

Saw the new AP rankings and Fort Loramie is ranked in the 1 slot......also Anna is ranked and I believe they have Versailles ranked above OG, but don't hold me to that as I only got a glance at the rankings......and I believe Minster was ranked higher that Ottoville!!!!!

Can you post the link to the AP Poll please?

#12 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:58 AM

https://www.cincinna...oll/1014477001/

#13 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

Wow. what a wild finish in Versailles tonight

#14 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:24 PM

Charles.....

Just arrived home after watching a great game down at Versailles.....Fort Loramie remains undefeated by beating Versailles in OT 48-46...great game from start to finish....Fort Loramie deserves their number 1 ranking....I have not seen a team around our area that can hang with them!!!!!

#15 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:54 PM

flounder, on 09 January 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

Charles.....

Just arrived home after watching a great game down at Versailles.....Fort Loramie remains undefeated by beating Versailles in OT 48-46...great game from start to finish....Fort Loramie deserves their number 1 ranking....I have not seen a team around our area that can hang with them!!!!!

Listened to it. What a game. Sounded like the 'Skins had a couple chances to put the game out of reach and just couldn't get it done. They have a firm grip on the top spot

#16 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:01 PM

charles in charge.......

I am sitting here and still can't get that game last night out of my mind....it was one of the best high school games I have ever seen.......last good game before that was when my Jays beat a very good New Bremen team the year that they got beat by Troy Christian in the regional semis....great high school games just stand out!!!!!

#17 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:14 AM

charlie.....

You should be feeling pretty good about your rankings......when you get very few negative responses, it means your rankings a right on!!!! :punk:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users