Ottoville vs. OH

60 replies to this topic

#1 baller93

All District

• Members
  • 107 posts

Member No.: 4941

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

well im heading to findlay to see this game. i have no clue what to expect but if i had to pick a team, i'd pick Ottoville. they're going to be VERY physical and i dont think OH will be able to match up. if anybody has anything else, let me hear it.

#2 Billwouldrather

All District

• Members
  • 411 posts

Member No.: 2710

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

I agree.

I have never liked Ottoville, but I think OH is kind of in a slump because of the age they have. (Granted, half of them probably are on a pacesetter team) But I believe that Ottoville has them in chemistry, or I guess you could say spirit.

(I've never seen either of them play, this is just what my gut's hypothesis after hearing about both of their seasons)

#3 Theodore

All District

• Members
  • 353 posts

Member No.: 3752

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:27 PM

Halftime score....Tied at 0
"Not All Pain is Gain"

#4 Theodore

All District

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

OH - 1
Ottoville - 0
29:35 left
"Not All Pain is Gain"

#5 dkusma96

All State

• Members
  • 622 posts

Member No.: 5181

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (Theodore @ Nov 2 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OH - 1
Ottoville - 0
29:35 left

If past results are any indication, Ottoville has them right where they want 'em....

#6 Theodore

All District

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:00 PM

"Not All Pain is Gain"

#7 Theodore

All District

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

Final Score
Ottawa Hills 2
Ottoville 0
"Not All Pain is Gain"

#8 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (Billwouldrather @ Nov 2 2010, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree.

I have never liked Ottoville, but I think OH is kind of in a slump because of the age they have. (Granted, half of them probably are on a pacesetter team) But I believe that Ottoville has them in chemistry, or I guess you could say spirit.

(I've never seen either of them play, this is just what my gut's hypothesis after hearing about both of their seasons)

Dear Billwouldrather, What a stupid remark, I never liked Ottoville. You must the be some hater related to Bucki. If you are from the tri-county area (Allen, Putnam & Van Wert). Why wouldn't you root for those teams in your area? So Ottoville does not win in soccer, they are the best in PCL, this year. Wow.

#9 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:20 PM

Dear T, Thanks for the update, same results as 2 years ago. Great year for the Big Green. Too bad the Basketball team does not have the same intensity or heart. God Bless America & Ohio.

#10 Goin2goal

All District

• Members
  • 342 posts

Member No.: 2371

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:22 PM

Congrats to Ottoville on a great season. I didn't have a good feeling for them going into this matchup. I felt like they were living on borrowed time since the OG game.

Good luck to Ottawa Hills!

#11 baller93

All District

• Members
  • 107 posts

Member No.: 4941

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:21 PM

both teams had plenty of chances, the OH goalie made two great saves (one in first half, other in second on a header) i thought neither team passed the ball, well besides a few good plays from OH. Ottoville's passes were usually to nobody, and when a pass did go to their own player they let the ball roll past them and that made it easier for the OH players to steal it. i'd have to say, that tonight, the better team won.

#12 FanMan

All State

• Members
  • 572 posts

Member No.: 5169

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:37 PM

It's awful tough for the PCL teams to get away from the physical brand of soccer that they tend to play when they have to match up with teams like OH who play much more technical soccer. I would venture a guess that 90% (or more) of the Ottawa Hills kids play top-level club soccer in the summer...making it that much tougher for Ottoville to take them down. Congrats to the Big Green on a nice tourney run, hopefully the Putnam County kids can someday catch up to the "city kids"....lol

#13 Billwouldrather

All District

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (von @ Nov 2 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Billwouldrather, What a stupid remark, I never liked Ottoville. You must the be some hater related to Bucki. If you are from the tri-county area (Allen, Putnam & Van Wert). Why wouldn't you root for those teams in your area? So Ottoville does not win in soccer, they are the best in PCL, this year. Wow.

I'm an hour away from Putnam county schools you idiot.

I never have liked Ottoville, from experiences playing them and experiences with PCL teams. I would rather root for a team of soccer players rather than fast basketball players.

Since you're hating on me, I'll go ahead and jump on the OH bandwagon.

#14 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

Dear Idiot, I forgot more about NW Ohio sports than you will ever know. I will be back there in a couple weeks on business, if you would like to discuss this personally. I will be more than happy to drive to your town in an hour from (Ottoville) to meet you to discuss this. I am an only 270/6-3 idiot who served his country for many years. Let me know where you want to meet. The Ottoville VFW would be convenient for me. Thanks God Bless American & the Navy Seals. Hope to hear from you, SOON. Go Big Green Sports......

#15 TheFinisher

All League

• Members
  • 21 posts

Member No.: 6337

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (FanMan @ Nov 2 2010, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's awful tough for the PCL teams to get away from the physical brand of soccer that they tend to play when they have to match up with teams like OH who play much more technical soccer. I would venture a guess that 90% (or more) of the Ottawa Hills kids play top-level club soccer in the summer...making it that much tougher for Ottoville to take them down. Congrats to the Big Green on a nice tourney run, hopefully the Putnam County kids can someday catch up to the "city kids"....lol

Couldn't really tell a difference from OH and other high school teams tonight especially in the first half. They were sloppy and just looked to clear the ball the and hopefully get a break away for #2. The second half they started to show a little more composure and worked the ball better. Just didn't see the "travel" aspect to very many of the OH players tonight.

#16 Billwouldrather

All District

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (von @ Nov 3 2010, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Idiot, I forgot more about NW Ohio sports than you will ever know. I will be back there in a couple weeks on business, if you would like to discuss this personally. I will be more than happy to drive to your town in an hour from (Ottoville) to meet you to discuss this. I am an only 270/6-3 idiot who served his country for many years. Let me know where you want to meet. The Ottoville VFW would be convenient for me. Thanks God Bless American & the Navy Seals. Hope to hear from you, SOON. Go Big Green Sports......

You sound mature enough to serve in the Navy.

You also sound obese.

#17 dkusma96

All State

• Members
  • 622 posts

Member No.: 5181

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (Billwouldrather @ Nov 3 2010, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You sound mature enough to serve in the Navy.

I have to agree with this. I do not know any special operators who flaunt it in person, much less on a soccer thread on the internet...

#18 Big John Studd

All District

• Members
  • 129 posts

Member No.: 1366

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:47 AM

Let's focus on soccer.

#19 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (dkusma96 @ Nov 3 2010, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to agree with this. I do not know any special operators who flaunt it in person, much less on a soccer thread on the internet...

LET'S GET READY TOO RUMBLE!!!!

#20 lebron23

All District

• Members
  • 240 posts

Member No.: 4262

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (baller93 @ Nov 2 2010, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
both teams had plenty of chances, the OH goalie made two great saves (one in first half, other in second on a header) i thought neither team passed the ball, well besides a few good plays from OH. Ottoville's passes were usually to nobody, and when a pass did go to their own player they let the ball roll past them and that made it easier for the OH players to steal it. i'd have to say, that tonight, the better team won.

Can't agree that the better team won. I'm waiting for dksuma to weigh in. Outshooting a team 13 - 8 and with the goalie being named Player of the Game. I think that says it all. OH had their hands full. Kalida was a tuffer opponent than OH. OH had skill up front, weaker defenders but the goalie was the difference. Good luck to them rest of the way.

Great season for Ottoville !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users