MVP

63 replies to this topic

#41 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Member No.: 3674

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

What real basketball? Basketball is still basketball now. i agree 1992 beats this team. But Not sure why stars playing on the same team makes basketball in 1992 better than in 2012.

#42 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Member No.: 3593

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

View Postgamekeeper, on 17 July 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

What real basketball? Basketball is still basketball now. i agree 1992 beats this team. But Not sure why stars playing on the same team makes basketball in 1992 better than in 2012.

My point is now the stars today and are not staying with their original teams and getting together which is turning the NBA into a few real good teams. Do you think the owners are liking this a bit? Ex: Miami, Lakers, Nets trying to.

Nothing to do with the Olympic teams. Not sure if Nba players should be in the Olympics to begin with. Debatable.

.Back in the day, a team never would trade their star player to a rival team like Nash going to the Lakers.

#43 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

I have always debated the whole NBA players in the Olympics as well , but everyone else does it though. And I don't like the Dream Team name to be continued to be used. There was one, and maybe you can use for 2, but after that. This is just the USA baskeball team to me.

Nash to lakers, I get your point, but that was a reward trade for all he had done. It was from to be closer to his family.

You can thank Free Agency, for what you don't like about modern sports era! That made everyone slowly become player fans not team fans.

Another point. Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Piston, Won alot of championships there were some garabage teams as many as there is now, that hasn't changed.

#44 nothalfbad

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Member No.: 5659

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

View Postcubbies4life, on 16 July 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

The announcement was a self centered joke. Why I dislike him. Dancing on the stage and predicting all these rings. All the past great players woud NEVER do what he did. So you and the prima donna can get off your high horse.

I agree the way he did it was arrogant and not favored by anyone. But to say the past players would NEVER have done that. You do not know that. You have no idea what was in their minds and was never said. Professional athletes for the most part are all arrogant and have done or said inappropriate things. Your past players that are so great Jordon, Magic and even Kobe (current) cheated on their wives and put their families through he**. Magic has aids for gosh sakes. Lebron danced on stage and predicited all these rings. If that is the worse thing he does the NBA is still re-presented well. I suggest you take a long hard look and your past players and stop judging current players for mistakes. Theirs are far worse than anything Lebron has done so far. Tooted his own horn. Big freakin deal.

#45 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

View Postnothalfbad, on 18 July 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

I agree the way he did it was arrogant and not favored by anyone. But to say the past players would NEVER have done that. You do not know that. You have no idea what was in their minds and was never said. Professional athletes for the most part are all arrogant and have done or said inappropriate things. Your past players that are so great Jordon, Magic and even Kobe (current) cheated on their wives and put their families through he**. Magic has aids for gosh sakes. Lebron danced on stage and predicited all these rings. If that is the worse thing he does the NBA is still re-presented well. I suggest you take a long hard look and your past players and stop judging current players for mistakes. Theirs are far worse than anything Lebron has done so far. Tooted his own horn. Big freakin deal.

Little info for you. Mr. James currently has had a young lady set up in MIami for the last 2 years.. He pays for everything.She was a Cleveland reporter during his days with the Cavs and they had and continue to have a relarionship.. So you have a guy who has 3 kids, a girlfriend on the side and supposely engaged to another woman.. Sorry.

#46 nothalfbad

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

View Postcubbies4life, on 19 July 2012 - 02:48 AM, said:

Little info for you. Mr. James currently has had a young lady set up in MIami for the last 2 years.. He pays for everything.She was a Cleveland reporter during his days with the Cavs and they had and continue to have a relarionship.. So you have a guy who has 3 kids, a girlfriend on the side and supposely engaged to another woman.. Sorry.

Hahah and you know this how? I mean come on. You know he pays for EVERYTHING. And again how would you know that? You must have inside info HUH. Your source knows 100% this is true. Sorry not buying it. But if you are right then you are right. Would really be sad for his children and fiance but, would not suprise anyone I am sure. Let me just let you know I do not think he or anyone else is perfect. But, he is a fabulous player and it is what it is. Again just put them all in the same boat and be done with it. They all make mistakes, they all are arrogant and they all have talent. Case closed

#47 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

View Postnothalfbad, on 19 July 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

Hahah and you know this how? I mean come on. You know he pays for EVERYTHING. And again how would you know that? You must have inside info HUH. Your source knows 100% this is true. Sorry not buying it. But if you are right then you are right. Would really be sad for his children and fiance but, would not suprise anyone I am sure. Let me just let you know I do not think he or anyone else is perfect. But, he is a fabulous player and it is what it is. Again just put them all in the same boat and be done with it. They all make mistakes, they all are arrogant and they all have talent. Case closed

It's well known and who really cares. Not like he is the only athlete who has this type of thing going on.

#48 nothalfbad

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

View Postcubbies4life, on 19 July 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

It's well known and who really cares. Not like he is the only athlete who has this type of thing going on.

I never heard it. But, no doubt they all do it I am sure. Well that is too bad.

#49 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

So youngest player to reach 20,000 points and 5,000 assists. It has taken him awhile, but he is finally playing up to his potential, and expectations.

#50 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

So with Lebron playing at such a high level anyone feel that Miami isn't destined to repeat. Kobe isn't making it. Rose is out so the Bulls are done. Who is going to contest the Heat?

#51 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

View Postgamekeeper, on 14 February 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

So with Lebron playing at such a high level anyone feel that Miami isn't destined to repeat. Kobe isn't making it. Rose is out so the Bulls are done. Who is going to contest the Heat?

East is weaker even still with Rose and Rhondo out. Spurs and Heat in Finals!

#52 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

Spurs Wow that's interesting pick. Not that I disagree, but I thought they were going to make it last year and lost to Oklahoma if I am not mistaken. I am still not sure if they have found an answer for them in a 7 game series.

Sleeper is the Memphis.....I think The Pacers will be playing the Heat in the East finals.

#53 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

View Postgamekeeper, on 15 February 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

Spurs Wow that's interesting pick. Not that I disagree, but I thought they were going to make it last year and lost to Oklahoma if I am not mistaken. I am still not sure if they have found an answer for them in a 7 game series.

Sleeper is the Memphis.....I think The Pacers will be playing the Heat in the East finals.

Spurs better this year and no Harden for the Thunder.

#54 Colt45

All State

• Validating
  • 554 posts

Member No.: 9167

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

How about the Clippers?

#55 Bigguy69210U

All League

• Members
  • 40 posts

Member No.: 9420

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

This is a joke Mj is no doubt the best player of all time and Lebron has to play with 2 other all stars and Ray Allen the Hall of Famer to win he is a joke
Dayton Dunbar

#56 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Scotty Pipen one of the top 50 best players to play in almost every pole, Tony K (the best European in the league at the time he was there) Dennis Rodman the best rebounder EVER. I grew up watching MJ so I did see him play too. Let's not make the man's myth grow more every year. MJ never shot the shooting Percentage Lebron is shooting and MJ who is the greatest clutch player, let's not totally kick Lebron out of the conversation. Lebron deserves to be in the same house as Kobe and MJ.
MJ has his weaknesses too, we just love his passion and drive so we forget how long it took him to win, and Lebron made it to the finals with a team that couldn't even win 50 games the year after he left. MJ retired to play bseball and the Bulls were still contenders. So don't make it like He wasn't playing on a good team.

#57 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

View Postgamekeeper, on 22 February 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

Scotty Pipen one of the top 50 best players to play in almost every pole, Tony K (the best European in the league at the time he was there) Dennis Rodman the best rebounder EVER. I grew up watching MJ so I did see him play too. Let's not make the man's myth grow more every year. MJ never shot the shooting Percentage Lebron is shooting and MJ who is the greatest clutch player, let's not totally kick Lebron out of the conversation. Lebron deserves to be in the same house as Kobe and MJ.
MJ has his weaknesses too, we just love his passion and drive so we forget how long it took him to win, and Lebron made it to the finals with a team that couldn't even win 50 games the year after he left. MJ retired to play bseball and the Bulls were still contenders. So don't make it like He wasn't playing on a good team.

What was Jordan's weakness? I saw him at least 30 times in person. You mention all these great players. Tell us the cast he had around him his first several years. Rodman was a head case. Jordan basically told Rodman you will not be a distraction if you play on my team. Guess it worked. Pippen? Not a top 50 if he does not play with Jordan bit Jordan would of not won 6 rings without him. Clutch? Not even close. MJ easily.

He stayed with his the Bulls even though he had a poor surrounding cast. He stuck with it, not bail out like Mr. James. There are very very few good big men in the NBA now then there was when MJ played. Jordans centers was a old Bill Cartwright amd Luke Longley. Higher shooting percentage? Like I said no big men today other then Howard(prima donna) who is a defensive force. James gets many more dunks due to this. Physically impossible to stop him, i would admit.

6-1 is the bottom line. James is a amazing talent. Let's just wait and see how many rings he winds up with. Then we can discuss if he is in the same class with MJ.

Jordan makes 80 million dollars a year still and is still one of the most recognized sports players in the world!. The myth is still bigger then James!

Edited by cubbies4life, 23 February 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#58 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Exactly until he had Pipen he didn't get to the finals exactly my point......He didn't championships until then.
Lebron actually took Cleveland to to the finals with NO ONE......
Cleveland couldn't get anyone to come to cleveland to play with Lebron so he left. Lots of players left their teams to get a championship. Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley......Lebron just did that stupid TV show to do it.

Look I think MJ is the best BB player ever....My point though is the only reason we hold him so high, is he was the greatest competitior ever to less up the shoes. Kobe could be the closes to him on that. But talent wise..You can't not deny that Lebron could be physically one of the most gifted players to play.

And Rodman was a head case but on the floor, he knew his place and he knew what he could bring to the team....Pipen is rated in the top 50 players of any pool. EsPN has ever done.

Edited by gamekeeper, 23 February 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#59 Colt45

All State

• Validating
  • 554 posts

Member No.: 9167

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

LeBron is strongly thinking about coming back to Cleveland I would personally like it because Kyrie Irving is the best player under 25. Kyrie and Lebron i think would a great combination. Opinions?

Edited by Colt45, 23 February 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#60 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

View Postgamekeeper, on 23 February 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

Exactly until he had Pipen he didn't get to the finals exactly my point......He didn't championships until then.
Lebron actually took Cleveland to to the finals with NO ONE......
Cleveland couldn't get anyone to come to cleveland to play with Lebron so he left. Lots of players left their teams to get a championship. Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley......Lebron just did that stupid TV show to do it.

Look I think MJ is the best BB player ever....My point though is the only reason we hold him so high, is he was the greatest competitior ever to less up the shoes. Kobe could be the closes to him on that. But talent wise..You can't not deny that Lebron could be physically one of the most gifted players to play.

And Rodman was a head case but on the floor, he knew his place and he knew what he could bring to the team....Pipen is rated in the top 50 players of any pool. EsPN has ever done.

Funny thing. All 3 players you mentioned lost in the finals to MJ. Malone twice.

Edited by cubbies4life, 23 February 2013 - 05:55 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users