#41 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Member No.: 3612

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

View Postmoe_ szyslak, on 24 May 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

Stoopid, stoopid, stoopid.

Oberhaus... What's your beef with Wayno? Honest Q.
No problem with Wayne...did I say that I did somewhere?
Follow me for scores and other sports news. www.twitter.com/kevinoberhaus

#42 moe_ szyslak

All District

• Members
  • 416 posts

Member No.: 4890

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

View Postoberhaus, on 17 June 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

View Postoberhaus, on 17 June 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

Problem with the district?

#43 D.C. Boy

All District

• Members
  • 127 posts

Member No.: 9059

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Heard that he wants to get up and down the court. Holgate's Varsity played up tempo last week during a scrimmage against North Cental. The two kids that came from defiance over the past two years looking good with the Mack kid running the floor as well as their 6'5 kid getting up n down

#44 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

If he has OG roots and more recently, Leipsic, my guess is they'll be runnin and gunnin. New coach, new style, my guess is the numbers will be way up in Tigerland. Don't know if that translates to wins, but normally a new coach will have a 2-3 year honeymoon period.

#45 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:53 AM

View Postmoe_ szyslak, on 17 June 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

Problem with the district?
Absolutely...I have never liked Holgate. Maybe thats the PH grad in me. My parents are Holgate alums. The fact that I live in the Holgate district is unpleasant to me, that's why I enroll my son at Napoleon...as does my sister with her kids who live right beside me.

#46 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

New style of play should help their A.D. with the scheduling.

#47 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

View Postcaldwell, on 18 June 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

New style of play should help their A.D. with the scheduling.
They had trouble scheduling before??

#48 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

View Postoberhaus, on 18 June 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Absolutely...I have never liked Holgate. Maybe thats the PH grad in me. My parents are Holgate alums. The fact that I live in the Holgate district is unpleasant to me, that's why I enroll my son at Napoleon...as does my sister with her kids who live right beside me.

Gotta have some major issues to send your kids to Napoleon. ;) Oh rivalries. What would the world be without them?

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how Holgate does with a completely different style.

#49 waterloowonder

All State

• Members
  • 532 posts

Member No.: 5547

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

You are in the minority, which I understand with you being a PH grad. Holgate gets more incoming transfers than outgoing.

#50 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

View Postwaterloowonder, on 18 June 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

You are in the minority, which I understand with you being a PH grad. Holgate gets more incoming transfers than outgoing.
I bet. I couldve sent him to PH too, but I see more opportunity in Napoleon. Bigger selection of classes and wider selection of sports. Who knows...we might be moving to Toledo down the road so the whole Napoleon/Holgate thing won't even matter.

#51 bballcoach10

All League

• Members
  • 47 posts

Member No.: 684

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

I can tell you how this will go... If you want an example, look at EVERY other small school! Holgate is now in the cyclical rotation based talent. They will wait however long for that rare talented string of kids to come through the small school, be competitive or even dominant (see Leipsic this year) for a while and then fall off. What Wayne's style allowed them to do for so many years was avoid the beatings that most small schools take during those "off years". When you hang your hat on a Leipsic or OG style, you better have the horses! That style will get you blown out of the gym if you don't have the talent, which in a small school can be quite often! Now, what his style also did was made his "talented years" perhaps a little less fan friendly than they might have been with a different style. I'm sure there are many who would accept the years of thrashings to have a few years of uptempo excitement when the talent comes through. It's all a matter of opinion. My personal thought is that considering how small Holgate is, I think Wayne's style was the perfect fit and gave them the best chance to be competitive EVERY night. I'd rather watch overmatched teams constantly compete with superior talent however "boring" some may say it is than I would watch a team run up and down trading shots...the better talent always wins that one! At a school with an enrollment count of 53, most years, that's not you. Again, my opinion! On the years it works, the new guy will be a savior. During the years it doesn't, and those 29-27 losses have become 65-35, people will be begging for the deliberate style!

#52 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

View Postbballcoach10, on 18 June 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

I can tell you how this will go... If you want an example, look at EVERY other small school! Holgate is now in the cyclical rotation based talent. They will wait however long for that rare talented string of kids to come through the small school, be competitive or even dominant (see Leipsic this year) for a while and then fall off. What Wayne's style allowed them to do for so many years was avoid the beatings that most small schools take during those "off years". When you hang your hat on a Leipsic or OG style, you better have the horses! That style will get you blown out of the gym if you don't have the talent, which in a small school can be quite often! Now, what his style also did was made his "talented years" perhaps a little less fan friendly than they might have been with a different style. I'm sure there are many who would accept the years of thrashings to have a few years of uptempo excitement when the talent comes through. It's all a matter of opinion. My personal thought is that considering how small Holgate is, I think Wayne's style was the perfect fit and gave them the best chance to be competitive EVERY night. I'd rather watch overmatched teams constantly compete with superior talent however "boring" some may say it is than I would watch a team run up and down trading shots...the better talent always wins that one! At a school with an enrollment count of 53, most years, that's not you. Again, my opinion! On the years it works, the new guy will be a savior. During the years it doesn't, and those 29-27 losses have become 65-35, people will be begging for the deliberate style!

I personally completely agree. I've been defending Holgate and their style for years. It's not MY preference on the type of game I want to watch, but I can't fault a coach for running the style that gives him the best chance to win. And in the end, I'd take a 29-27 win over a 70-65 loss anyday.

#53 moe_ szyslak

All District

• Members
  • 416 posts

Member No.: 4890

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

View Postbballcoach10, on 18 June 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Very good. Would read again!

#54 rallyinthe9th

All State

• Members
  • 629 posts

Member No.: 706

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

I am hearing they are supposed to be playing very fast. It will be strange to see Holgate play this way after seeing them play slow for many years. It will be interesting to see how this transition goes.

#55 Louden Swayne

All District

• Members
  • 403 posts

Member No.: 2330

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

Plenty of houses for sale in Napoleon. Maybe you and your sister could find a nice duplex.

#56 D.C. Boy

All District

• Members
  • 127 posts

Member No.: 9059

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

So with holgate playing this new style does this shake up the GMC or no?

#57 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostLouden Swayne, on 25 June 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

Plenty of houses for sale in Napoleon. Maybe you and your sister could find a nice duplex.
Funny....

#58 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostD.C. Boy, on 25 June 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

So with holgate playing this new style does this shake up the GMC or no?
Why would it matter?

#59 Bball pro

• Members
  • 13 posts

Member No.: 9442

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

From what I have heard the kids are taking to the new style very well. I hear that the kids are really "free" in this new offense and defense as opposed to the "restricted" style they have played in the past. In the past the holgate basketball team was coached that there are only 2 shooters on the team and they are the only ones that shoot. Now in the new offense the kids shoot. Every single kid can shoot. Every single kid can make shots. This will be the most talented incoming holgate basketball team in the past 15 years.

#60 daaa browns

All District

• Members
  • 415 posts

Member No.: 9318

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

ur saying they r more talented then the 04 state team????? idk about that...
2015 NWC Football Pick-Em Co-Champion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users