Go Away Ray

18 replies to this topic

#1 roarintiger1

All State

• Members
  • 834 posts

Member No.: 769

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

I didn't really care which team won the Super Bowl.... I just hope all this press that Ray Lewis is getting stops. I don't wish him any harm, I just want him to go away.

#2 Duh Huh Dull Sucks

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Member No.: 3689

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

I believe he already is set up to be on one of the pre-game shows next season. It is embarrassing for the NFL that someone who was associated with two murders is glorified so much by not just his fans, but the LEAGUE! If not for some prosecutorial errors, Lewis would probably be sharing a cell with Rae Carruth right now.

#3 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Member No.: 5013

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

It is pretty disgusting. I just hope he doesn't use his church voice/persona. Like when he said during the strike: "If they ain't no NFL, they be crime in the streets!!" Ugh.

#4 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Ray Lewis is a thug.....pure and simple...and when he starts talking about god and his beliefs.....well, it sickens me....just leave Ray!!!!

#5 Mo-Problems

All State

• Members
  • 733 posts

Member No.: 3654

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

Does anyone that's not a Ravens fan like Ray Lewis? Seriously. Will not rip anyone that says "yes", I just want to know.
Posted Image
I'd rather shower at Penn State than root for Michigan.

#6 Wilco98

All State

• Members
  • 867 posts

Member No.: 2616

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

I'm a Bears fan, and I like Ray Lewis. I'm sick and tired of all the people who still rush to judge a man based on something that happened 10 years ago when he clearly and plainly has turned his life around to the good and is as much a man and leader as any other could ever hope to be. I wish him nothing but the best of success in whatever his future holds, and if that's TV, it'll be a lot of fun to watch him. He wears his heart and his faith on his sleeve, and as someone who seeks to be a man of strong faith, I admire that as well. Go away Ray?? No. GO AWAY, HATERS!!!!

Edited by Wilco98, 06 February 2013 - 10:46 AM.

Coldwater Cavaliers--20 State Titles and Counting!!!!

#7 Duh Huh Dull Sucks

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

View PostWilco98, on 06 February 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

I'm a Bears fan, and I like Ray Lewis. I'm sick and tired of all the people who still rush to judge a man based on something that happened 10 years ago when he clearly and plainly has turned his life around to the good and is as much a man and leader as any other could ever hope to be. I wish him nothing but the best of success in whatever his future holds, and if that's TV, it'll be a lot of fun to watch him. He wears his heart and his faith on his sleeve, and as someone who seeks to be a man of strong faith, I admire that as well. Go away Ray?? No. GO AWAY, HATERS!!!!

I suppose you're also for no longer judging Rae Carruth for the life he took, what, 10 years ago?

How many serial killers report that they've "turned to God" some ten, twenty, etc years later?

Sick of people "rushing to judge" all those folks?

#8 Wilco98

All State

• Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostDuh Huh Dull Sucks, on 06 February 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

I suppose you're also for no longer judging Rae Carruth for the life he took, what, 10 years ago?

How many serial killers report that they've "turned to God" some ten, twenty, etc years later?

Sick of people "rushing to judge" all those folks?

There's a distinct difference. Lewis never took a life.

#9 Duh Huh Dull Sucks

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostWilco98, on 06 February 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

There's a distinct difference. Lewis WAS never CONVICTED OF TAKINGtook a life.

There, fixed that for ya'.

#10 Wilco98

All State

• Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostDuh Huh Dull Sucks, on 06 February 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

There, fixed that for ya'.

Guess it all comes down to what you wanna believe. If you hate Lewis, that's fine. I don't, and that's fine, too.

#11 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

Wilco.....

Sorry, but Lewis was definitely at the scene...so who really knows. I believe no one was convicted, if I remember correctly. Lewis was there, so I have my suspicions......and I believe many people feel the same way....if you like Lewis fine, but I don't because things just didn't add up at the time of the crime!!!!

#12 Mo-Problems

All State

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

OJ wasn't convicted and neither was Casey Anthony. Doesn't mean they were innocent.
Posted Image

#13 Duh Huh Dull Sucks

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

There was never any doubt Lewis was at the scene. Blood from the dead guys was in his limo! He was apparently covered in their blood when he got back to his limo for the night and stopped on the way from the way scene to throw away the clothes he was wearing (and some other items according to some witnesses). If I recall, the deal was that the heat was on Lewis until he threw two friends under the bus and said they did it. All the sudden "witnesses" from Lewis's limo began to get in line to say these other guys did it, too. There were apparently a few people who kept with the story that Lewis did it, but the majority of people from the limo began pointing fingers at two of Lewis's friends once the heat was on Lewis and those people pointing fingers at Lewis began to "disappear" from the prosecutor's radar. In exchange for Lewis's testimony against the other two, Lewis took a plea down to obstruction of justice (you know, for throwing out the evidence against him!). Apparently his testimony was simply pathetic and the jury convicted nobody.

So the families of the two people killed (from somewhere like Cleveland or that general area, by the way) are still without closure as to who killed their loved ones. Ray Lewis, on the other hand, the closest link to their deaths, roams free and is celebrated by the league.

Simply absurd and a stain on the NFL every day...

#14 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

View Postflounder, on 07 February 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

Wilco.....

Sorry, but Lewis was definitely at the scene...so who really knows. I believe no one was convicted, if I remember correctly. Lewis was there, so I have my suspicions......and I believe many people feel the same way....if you like Lewis fine, but I don't because things just didn't add up at the time of the crime!!!!

At a MINIMUM he should have been tried as an accessory to murder. He was there, no argument...he did not report it, he destroyed eveidence, ....He should have been tried and found guilty of murder. I have no qualms saying that and saying he should have never played another down in football after the crime. No way does this man ( and I use that word very loosely) deserve any accolades whatsoever

Edited by ADog, 07 February 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#15 Mo-Problems

All State

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

And I didn't ask the question to blast anyone that supported him. Wilco, you're more than free to like the guy. I was merely curious if there were any and why and you answered that. I really didn't know so thanks. Obviously, I'm on the other side of the fence and it seems like most are as well. But I see that there are others that feel Ray's fine. No biggy.

Edited by Mo-Problems, 08 February 2013 - 11:26 AM.

Posted Image

#16 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostDuh Huh Dull Sucks, on 07 February 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

There was never any doubt Lewis was at the scene. Blood from the dead guys was in his limo! He was apparently covered in their blood when he got back to his limo for the night and stopped on the way from the way scene to throw away the clothes he was wearing (and some other items according to some witnesses). If I recall, the deal was that the heat was on Lewis until he threw two friends under the bus and said they did it. All the sudden "witnesses" from Lewis's limo began to get in line to say these other guys did it, too. There were apparently a few people who kept with the story that Lewis did it, but the majority of people from the limo began pointing fingers at two of Lewis's friends once the heat was on Lewis and those people pointing fingers at Lewis began to "disappear" from the prosecutor's radar. In exchange for Lewis's testimony against the other two, Lewis took a plea down to obstruction of justice (you know, for throwing out the evidence against him!). Apparently his testimony was simply pathetic and the jury convicted nobody.

So the families of the two people killed (from somewhere like Cleveland or that general area, by the way) are still without closure as to who killed their loved ones. Ray Lewis, on the other hand, the closest link to their deaths, roams free and is celebrated by the league.

Simply absurd and a stain on the NFL every day...

Duh.......

You summed it up pretty good....pretty much the same story I heard....the only thing you might have left out was that Ray probably was in tears when he took the stand and proclaimed how he found god......this guy sickens me to no end, and like Duh said....the NFL uses him as a poster child....what a travesty.....his judgement day will come!!!!!

#17 Wilco98

All State

• Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostMo-Problems, on 08 February 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

And I didn't ask the question to blast anyone that supported him.

Thanks, 'cause I'm getting shelled here. :)

Edited by Wilco98, 08 February 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#18 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostWilco98, on 08 February 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Thanks, 'cause I'm getting shelled here. :)

Wilco.....

If you like Ray, that is fine with me...everyone is entitled to their own opinion....I just feel that Ray is a egotistical thug!!!!

#19 Week 10 All-American

All State

• Members
  • 692 posts

Member No.: 1315

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

View PostMo-Problems, on 05 February 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

Does anyone that's not a Ravens fan like Ray Lewis? Seriously. Will not rip anyone that says "yes", I just want to know.

Eh.... maybe kinda sorta.... but not really....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users