Cleveland Cavs

8 replies to this topic

#1 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Member No.: 368

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:16 PM

With the new forumns added here, I thought I would get one going.

IS the Cavs better with Shaq or not? thought?
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#2 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:54 PM

You know, last year , when talk was going around that Cleveland was in trade talks to try and get Shaq in mid season, I was thrilled, then bummed when it did not materialize. Now beginning this season I was really looking forward to Shaq & Z both on the team. This meant a 7" on the floor at all times albeit with different talent sets from each. But as this season has progressed, I am not as convinced it is working like I thought it would. It just does not seem to have the fire and desire I thought would be there.
Still a ways to go in the season so hopefully Shaq melds with the others and the Cavs start getting longer winnng streaks and make a run at the NBA title.

#3 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (FrOnT RoW JOE @ Jan 17 2010, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the new forumns added here, I thought I would get one going.

IS the Cavs better with Shaq or not? thought?

I wouldn't make any judgements on the Shaq signing as being successful or not quite yet. We'll find out int he playoffs..............the Cavs brought Shaq in to neutralize Dwight Howard.

#4 Bandido

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,580 posts

Member No.: 99

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

To me Shaq hasn't added anything to the Cavs thus far. Maybe he will in the playoffs, but the bottom line will depend on how much wider Lebron's shoulders will be this playoff season in order for the Cavs to advance any further.

#5 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

I hope he coms together by playoff time, so far I have not seen much of anything to say it was a success.
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#6 FutureModerator

All State

• Members
  • 819 posts

Member No.: 2293

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (Maltese Falcon @ Jan 17 2010, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't make any judgements on the Shaq signing as being successful or not quite yet. We'll find out int he playoffs..............the Cavs brought Shaq in to neutralize Dwight Howard.

QUOTE (FrOnT RoW JOE @ Jan 17 2010, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope he coms together by playoff time, so far I have not seen much of anything to say it was a success.

Cavs coach said last week that he wouldn't have a "rotation" set til mid march... its still alittle early to judge the SHAQ signing.

Just for the record, the magic killed the chemistry on their team by getting rid of Turkoglu and their PG from last year that subbed for Nelson when he was hurt
Go Bucks!!

#7 Duh Huh Dull Sucks

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Member No.: 3689

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:01 PM

Once Leon Powe finally gets going, WATCH OUT! I actually think Shaq made this team more competitive against the teams that they have problems with due to having to guard their big men, such as the Lakers and Magic, while weakening them against weaker competition with a smaller line-up. Shaq defends the basket and that's about it. Play a C with some shooting abillity from more than 8 feet away and Ilgauskus needs to be playing.

#8 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:26 AM

Winning streak to 12......

#9 Roscoe P. Coltrane

• Members
  • 11 posts

Member No.: 5892

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

Well now he's injured so we'll see

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users