Shelby County Baseball

57 replies to this topic

#21 tribeguy13

All District

• Members
  • 355 posts

Member No.: 1861

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:33 AM

Did Botkins get a new coach? I thought that it was the same guy as always? The JV Boys basketball coach?

#22 catfan

All District

• Members
  • 312 posts

Member No.: 1810

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (tribeguy13 @ Feb 4 2009, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did Botkins get a new coach? I thought that it was the same guy as always? The JV Boys basketball coach?

Funny you say that, my friend. Houston played Botkins last night in basketball, which we barely won, and the JV coach looked like a diffefrent guy. They looked similar, but I could tell it wasn't him because the prior coach was a loud, always complaining, Richard-head... Must be out of the town now????
Xx Those who know don't tell, and those who tell don't know xX

#23 82bucks82

All District

• Members
  • 327 posts

Member No.: 3517

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (old_scal @ Feb 3 2009, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
scooter!

uh ohhh...
youve given away your allegiance

not sure what you mean, that is how I have always heard Scott referred to as shrug2.gif

#24 82bucks82

All District

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (tribeguy13 @ Feb 4 2009, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

maybe they did, but I had heard about two weeks ago they had a guy that was interested (not hired yet), but only if they
had enough kids, which I had also heard that only about 7 were showing any interest.

#25 old_scal

All District

• Members
  • 276 posts

Member No.: 2638

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (82bucks82 @ Feb 4 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not sure what you mean, that is how I have always heard Scott referred to as shrug2.gif

hahaha ive always known him as scooter as well...
and being part of the jc community, i assume you are either from here or the lawn
either way, we can both agree hes a fine baseball coach, and an even better person wink.gif

#26 82bucks82

All District

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

heard today that Botkins may be up to 12 kids going out, so it looks like they will have a team

#27 osu_fanatic

All League

• Members
  • 24 posts

Member No.: 2982

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

well its good botkins will have a team because it just wouldn't be an scl season without all 6 teams playing...... but I would have to agree that Loramie is the team to beat this year the only thing that will be affecting this team this year will be is the catchers posistion...word on the street is jake boerger is still trying to decide if he wants to play baseball or not, so don't count on him just yet, but even if he doesn't i do believe loramie will still be up there in the county standings if the team buys into playing billy baseball which I dont see a problem there. Next will defintely be Anna riding the arms of Hunsucker and Billing with a little bit of offense thrown in there by a few others, but muhfeld will coach himself out of the big games. then i believe comes houston with cornett and gordon leading the way then the bottom three is to be left up to botkins, russia, and fairlawn. But i believe botkins will round it out because they dont have anything else without lugers or dietz but most importantly luegers

#28 fishstiX

All League

• Members
  • 72 posts

Member No.: 4135

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:28 PM

I like old_scal thinking with Anna's pitching keeping them in contention up top but I am excited to see how the supposed "strong" Loramie lineup does against them. I know in the past that these two pitchers have had control problems, especailly against Loramie and that Loramie has had a lot of success off them. Loramie will not have any dominant pitching but kids who throw strikes and then let their defense take care of the rest. Anna's lineup may be down a little with the loss of Elsass, Naseman, and Wolters. Loramie too loses some big hitters but a lot of line-drive hitters return in Raterman, Schulze, and Boerger and have good speed with Ahlers and Raterman. So to me the title is going to come down to a battle of Anna's pitching versus Loramie's lineup.

#29 82bucks82

All District

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:05 PM

Billing did not play for Anna last year, I think you mean Clark??

#30 osu_fanatic

All League

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (82bucks82 @ Feb 15 2009, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Billing did not play for Anna last year, I think you mean Clark??

Yeah thats my bad.... As you can tell I am still in the basketball state of mind with Billing leading Anna....But yeah I believe Hunsucker and CLARK leading the rockets this season...

#31 Spud

All District

• Members
  • 260 posts

Member No.: 628

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:15 PM

By the way there are 7 teams in the league, unless Jackson Center was recently removed.

Edited by Spud, 15 February 2009 - 03:17 PM.

Can I get a WOO WOO!!!!!!!!

#32 osu_fanatic

All League

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Spud @ Feb 15 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the way there are 7 teams in the league, unless Jackson Center was recently removed.

Wow today is really not my day......i miss quoted two things....my apologies to all

#33 sclfan

All District

• Members
  • 125 posts

Member No.: 117

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Stitch @ Jan 27 2009, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really! That would be a sorry state of affairs for a school/community not be able to field a baseball team. Another reason to hate soccer...

What does soccer have to do with baseball? HS soccer is a fall sport.

You are reaching for excuses here.

#34 Tim Dweeb

All State

• Members
  • 634 posts

Member No.: 2058

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:45 PM

From the outside looking in, it appears Botkins may have put all their eggs in one basket with last year's graduating class. Leugers pitched so much and was backed up by Koch. Both lost to graduation. Dietz was best position player and Boyd was a solid catcher. Both lost to graduation. Wildermuth was servicable as well and was lost to graduation. I really can't even think of what is left in the cupboard for Coach Smith (if he is still the man). Coach Koch assisted in the past and definitely had a vested interest as his son and his classmates had played for him since they were very young. Will Coach Koch abandon the program now that his son is done?

#35 tribeguy13

All District

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:16 PM

I heard the last time that I was home that Nick Meyer and Cody Albers, arguably the best JV players last year (not counting Andy Schieltz) aren't going out this year so they can focus on football and basketball.
I'm not sure if Albers was going to be brought up, but Meyer was definetly in a position to make some noise and earn a spot.
It shouldn't really hurt the team this year except in terms of depth.

And I agree with fishstix... Hunsucker and Clark seem to have some control issues. Loramie's lineup won't have the great stand out players this year, but will be solid top to bottom. It'll be a fun year for sure.

#36 catfan

All District

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:23 AM

Houston has a few players sayiing that they won't be going out either. I just don't understand it.

#37 tribeguy13

All District

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (catfan @ Feb 25 2009, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Houston has a few players sayiing that they won't be going out either. I just don't understand it.

I don't get it in Loramie either...
why play for the program thats been to state back to back years...?

#38 baseballguy

All League

• Members
  • 43 posts

Member No.: 3487

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (tribeguy13 @ Feb 25 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get it in Loramie either...
why play for the program thats been to state back to back years...?

Tribeguy i agree with you totally about not playing for a state team but it is just so hard to play three sports. Heck these days many coaches get mad if you dont play fall ball for baseball, AAU for basketball, and Lift intesely for football. Many sports are just becoming year round, and many coaches dont understand that there are other sports out there so to speak. I think that many coaches think that, for example, if baseball is their favorite sport and they play basketball then they arent commited to the program. (Remember we ran into this in high school tribeguy) Where in reality they may love the sport just as much but they might be better at the other sport and have more potential. Just my opinion on it all.

#39 82bucks82

All District

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

maybe they just don't like the coach unsure.gif

For you Loramie guys, did Maurer have an injury in basketball, and will he be back for baseball?

How about Houston, Gordon, pitching or catching? Who else has looked good in camp

Any Anna news out there? probably low numbers with the bb team still in tourny

How about Russia, they are awful quiet?

Anything on Botkins, Fairlwan, or JC?

Can't wait for it to warm up so teams can get outside and see what they have, one more week of pitchers and catchers !!!!!

#40 catfan

All District

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (82bucks82 @ Feb 28 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about Houston, Gordon, pitching or catching? Who else has looked good in camp

Not a whole lot happening yet as basketball just came to a close.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users