Jump to content



Big PCL Weekend


47 replies to this topic

#1 WeekendWarrior

    All District

  • Members
  • 386 posts

    Joined: 16-December 06
    Member No.: 1612

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:21 PM

A big weekend in the PCL with the top 4 teams (by record) battling it out. On Friday, FJ heads to Kalida and Saturday, Ottoville heads to P-G. What are everyone's thoughts?

Edit: Thanks buckeye1503...correction made.

Edited by WeekendWarrior, 09 January 2018 - 05:34 PM.



#2 Prince

    All District

  • Members
  • 243 posts

    Joined: 05-January 18
    Member No.: 9937

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:31 PM

I have Kalida and Ottoville winning...i still think the Big Green is tougher than some believe.

#3 TiGgEr3

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 2,809 posts

    Joined: 08-October 07
    Member No.: 2841
  • Location:Spencerville, Ohio

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:42 AM

Jennings is figuring out quickly how to shoot the ball in a hurry. Played a heck of an up and down game the other night against grove and that should make for an interesting time against Kalida.

Ottoville PG could be a track meet.
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

#4 buckeye1503

    All District

  • Members
  • 178 posts

    Joined: 05-January 18
    Member No.: 9936

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:06 PM

View PostWeekendWarrior, on 08 January 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

A big weekend in the PCL with the top 4 teams (by record) battling it out. On Friday, FJ heads to Kalida and Saturday, P-G heads to Ottoville. What are everyone's thoughts?

The game is at P-G

#5 Rocketman

    Stinkys Legend

  • [A] Administrator
  • 13,035 posts

    Joined: 28-December 05
    Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:59 PM

View Postbuckeye1503, on 09 January 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:



The game is at P-G
I have invited flounder to his first game at the launching pad
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#6 buckeye1503

    All District

  • Members
  • 178 posts

    Joined: 05-January 18
    Member No.: 9936

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:11 PM

View PostRocketman, on 09 January 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:


I have invited flounder to his first game at the launching pad

Wonder if it will sell out?

#7 Rocketman

    Stinkys Legend

  • [A] Administrator
  • 13,035 posts

    Joined: 28-December 05
    Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:37 PM

View Postbuckeye1503, on 09 January 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:



Wonder if it will sell out?
The Green will bring a load of fans.....I'm not sure if it's a sellout. Arrive by 6:15am and we'll save you a seat
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#8 Mysterio

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,432 posts

    Joined: 17-January 06
    Member No.: 212

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:27 PM

Ya I may have to appear at the pad for this one
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#9 buckeye1503

    All District

  • Members
  • 178 posts

    Joined: 05-January 18
    Member No.: 9936

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

View PostRocketman, on 09 January 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:


The Green will bring a load of fans.....I'm not sure if it's a sellout. Arrive by 6:15am and we'll save you a seat

I'll be at work at 6:15 an lol

#10 buckeye1503

    All District

  • Members
  • 178 posts

    Joined: 05-January 18
    Member No.: 9936

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:53 PM

View PostWeekendWarrior, on 08 January 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

A big weekend in the PCL with the top 4 teams (by record) battling it out. On Friday, FJ heads to Kalida and Saturday, Ottoville heads to P-G. What are everyone's thoughts?

Edit: Thanks buckeye1503...correction made.

No problem

#11 NW Ohio Guy

    All District

  • Members
  • 165 posts

    Joined: 05-September 09
    Member No.: 5033
  • Location:dont worry about it

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:27 AM

P-G has been off, if they play like they have the last few games I would give it to the big green, if they're on Pandora has it. Either way maybe this game isnt going to be as close as we think it is.

#12 TiGgEr3

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 2,809 posts

    Joined: 08-October 07
    Member No.: 2841
  • Location:Spencerville, Ohio

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:09 AM

If you can't make it the game is live on www.zsportslive.com

Edited by TiGgEr3, 12 January 2018 - 12:09 AM.

Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

#13 General Tso

    All State

  • Members
  • 555 posts

    Joined: 28-January 14
    Member No.: 9596

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:20 PM

View PostNW Ohio Guy, on 10 January 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

P-G has been off, if they play like they have the last few games I would give it to the big green, if they're on Pandora has it. Either way maybe this game isnt going to be as close as we think it is.
If the Big Green wins this one then I'm going to admit that basketballstud and others in town were right in saying that it's going to take getting rid of Todd Turnwald and Darrell Von Sossan to get the program turned around.

#14 buckeye1503

    All District

  • Members
  • 178 posts

    Joined: 05-January 18
    Member No.: 9936

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

Probably won't be playing tomorrow

#15 Mysterio

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,432 posts

    Joined: 17-January 06
    Member No.: 212

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:31 PM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 12 January 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:


If the Big Green wins this one then I'm going to admit that basketballstud and others in town were right in saying that it's going to take getting rid of Todd Turnwald and Darrell Von Sossan to get the program turned around.

Wait so winning just this game and this game only means they turned the program around? Iím gonna disagree with that respectively.

Edited by Mysterio, 12 January 2018 - 09:32 PM.

No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#16 General Tso

    All State

  • Members
  • 555 posts

    Joined: 28-January 14
    Member No.: 9596

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:43 PM

View PostMysterio, on 12 January 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:


Wait so winning just this game and this game only means they turned the program around? I’m gonna disagree with that respectively.
I didn't agree when stud posted it but I'm beginning to think he was right. Great record with some big wins, 23 kids on the roster, unlikely their other boys sports TV highlights show big crowds at their games, and I was told not a single kid quit like they did in other years or in their other sports.

Looks like it's turned around (at least for now).

#17 Mysterio

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,432 posts

    Joined: 17-January 06
    Member No.: 212

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:57 PM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 12 January 2018 - 10:43 PM, said:


I didn't agree when stud posted it but I'm beginning to think he was right. Great record with some big wins, 23 kids on the roster, unlikely their other boys sports TV highlights show big crowds at their games, and I was told not a single kid quit like they did in other years or in their other sports.

Looks like it's turned around (at least for now).

Ya win or lose when they play PG to me has no bearing on whether this program turned around. Just getting kids to go out and having a freshman team actually has kind of pointed that the program is going in the right direction. The culture all together needed to change because of like you said too many kids quitting and not just in basketball but all the sports and at a small school like Ottoville you canít have that.

Edited by Mysterio, 12 January 2018 - 11:02 PM.

No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#18 Interested

    Newbie

  • Members
  • 14 posts

    Joined: 15-April 17
    Member No.: 9915

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:03 AM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 12 January 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:


If the Big Green wins this one then I'm going to admit that basketballstud and others in town were right in saying that it's going to take getting rid of Todd Turnwald and Darrell Von Sossan to get the program turned around.


So basically your saying the two freshman who play A LOT don't have any thing to do with them winning????

#19 charliesheen

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,157 posts

    Joined: 03-June 11
    Member No.: 8871

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:55 AM

View PostInterested, on 13 January 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

So basically your saying the two freshman who play A LOT don't have any thing to do with them winning????

No, what he's saying is that over the past few years....those two freshman may not even have been playing basketball. They had quite a bit of talent in that school over the past 5 years or so that didn't play basketball.

#20 Interested

    Newbie

  • Members
  • 14 posts

    Joined: 15-April 17
    Member No.: 9915

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:37 AM

View Postcharliesheen, on 13 January 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:



No, what he's saying is that over the past few years....those two freshman may not even have been playing basketball. They had quite a bit of talent in that school over the past 5 years or so that didn't play basketball.

So without the two freshman but with the new coach would they be having a winning season?
Not sure how much "talent" didn't play







1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users