Leipsic @ Arlington

23 replies to this topic

#1 baxster

All League

• Members
  • 45 posts

Member No.: 6521

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

Big BVC showdown Friday @ Arlington. I think there will be plenty of points scored in this one with 3 of the leagues top 4 scorers going at it. What are your thoughts?

#2 roarintiger1

All State

• Members
  • 834 posts

Member No.: 769

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

Leipsic may not reach their scoring average, but I think they'll win. Take nothing away from Vermillion's boys though. He'll have them ready to play. It should be a great game.

#3 Guest_95 Z Out_*

• Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

I pick Arlington in an extremely tight game. I think their guards can keep up with Leipsic's, and the Vikes may not match up well with Recker.

#4 FightingFifth

All District

• Members
  • 167 posts

Member No.: 2326

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

View Post95 Z Out, on 09 February 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

I pick Arlington in an extremely tight game. I think their guards can keep up with Leipsic's, and the Vikes may not match up well with Recker.
Leipsic has the 2 best guards in the league. That being said this will be a very good game as you stated. I just happen to differ on your outcome. Recker will be nearly unstoppable in the post but the guard play of Leipsic will be the difference. I will take the Vikes by 4.

#5 govikes

All District

• Members
  • 321 posts

Member No.: 4862

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

View Post95 Z Out, on 09 February 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

Leipsic was able to contain probable 1st teamer Zach Garber from Vanlue. I'm sure coaches will come up with some schemes to not let Recker go to crazy scoring. I feel it will come down to the fourth quarter, and I see the Vikes winning a close, hard fought game.

#6 FiredupDevil

All District

• Members
  • 151 posts

Member No.: 9094

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

If Arlington can keep this game low scoring, it will be to their advantage.
"Our objective is simple, to make the great state of Ohio proud" Urban F. Meyer

2014 BVC Football Prediction Champ

#7 Fletch

All League

• Members
  • 62 posts

Member No.: 4474

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

I'll take Leipsic by 10, a lot of weapons, this team has the talent to go deep in the tourney.

#8 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Member No.: 3593

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

I have not seen either play this year but Arlington is tough to beat at home.

#9 bambino

All District

• Members
  • 117 posts

Member No.: 5935

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

Will this showdown game be sold out?

#10 bvcgrad

All District

• Members
  • 400 posts

Member No.: 2973

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

Arlington by 10+ ! arlington has plenty of guards to defend the vikes guards.

#11 Northwestsports

All State

• Members
  • 693 posts

Member No.: 3767

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

Looks like Arlington had plenty
Working on the Chain Gang

#12 govikes

All District

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Hats off to Arlington. They didn't allow us to get many clean shots, always a hand or two in our way. Good job by them to screen for backdoor bunnies, we must not have expected them to do that. From an untrained, non professional eye, it sure seemed that with Reckers pivoting and stepping towards the basket, that it was traveling but I guess not.
Good Luck to the Devils and maybe we'll see you at districts.

#13 baller

All District

• Members
  • 103 posts

Member No.: 425

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

Not a very good game by the Vikings. Give credit to Arlington for some of that. The Vikes did not shoot well and did not play team ball. They just didn't look for the open man. To many times someone would get the ball and just want to do it themselves. This team is a good team and could go a long way in tournament, if they learn the best percentage shot, is the person open. And don't dribble into a double team. Still time to get it together!

#14 PostPlayer

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Member No.: 5317

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

View Postballer, on 10 February 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

Not a very good game by the Vikings. Give credit to Arlington for some of that. The Vikes did not shoot well and did not play team ball. They just didn't look for the open man. To many times someone would get the ball and just want to do it themselves. This team is a good team and could go a long way in tournament, if they learn the best percentage shot, is the person open. And don't dribble into a double team. Still time to get it together!

This Leipsic team will have to figure out how to deal with Recker & Blunk in the post in a potential rematch in Districts. I thought the atheticism of Arlington's big boys killed Leipsic in and around the paint. Recker exposed Leipsic all night with his dribble drive and strength around basket. Throw in some great defense on Leipsics guards - and you get a wire to wire win for Atown. The dunk was pretty impressive as well...

Leipsic, Columbus Grove, Arlington and Vanlue - what a district this could be.
Arlington Red Devils
2012 Girls Basketball State Champs
2012 Boys Basketball State Semi-Finalist

#15 PostPlayer

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

Forgot to mention that I was SHOCKED that Arlington only shot 4 3's on the night, made none - and still won by 15. I would have never guessed that for sure.
Arlington Red Devils

#16 govikes

All District

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

Haven't seen any brackets yet, but Leipsic and Arlington should both be 2 seeds. only way they meet again is district finals. I think we would welcome another chance at a neutral court.

#17 OhioFan

All League

• Members
  • 61 posts

Member No.: 1070

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

View Postgovikes, on 12 February 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

Haven't seen any brackets yet, but Leipsic and Arlington should both be 2 seeds. only way they meet again is district finals. I think we would welcome another chance at a neutral court.

Both were 2 seeds but Ada jumped on Vanlue and Grove chose to play two games instead of a frist round bye. These two teams would meet in district semi-finals.

#18 PostPlayer

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

View Postgovikes, on 12 February 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

Glad you would jump on the opportunity, cause I would prefer to not see Leipsic till a lot further down the road. Two very good teams - a shame they would have to meet that early. However, the alternative is not any better with Vanlue and Columbus Grove on the other side.

No love from you GoVikes on that game? I thought both teams looked very good...just got Arlington on our home court and on senior night. Neutral floor - who knows - if they play 10 times, it could be split down the middle.
Arlington Red Devils

#19 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

Arlington has had the fortune of playing 3 of their four big conference games at home, the one they didn't (Vanlue) they lost. I'm a little surprised by this one, Leipsic looked like they could not throw it in the ocean, but they rely on jump shooting and transition layups. They forced the Red Devils into 23 turnover and lost, that's tough to do. Hats off to Arlington, they have a share of the BVC in their grasp. Tough weekend for the Vikes.

#20 bvcgrad

All District

• Members
  • 400 posts

Member No.: 2973

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

They would have beat LB and McComb in any gym at any time. I thought Arlington played a very average first half . Sounds like some people think they got lucky or had something handed to them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users