SCRIMMAGE RESULTS ??

37 replies to this topic

#1 sportsman12

All League

• Members
  • 24 posts

Member No.: 9083

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

How does your team look after the first scrimmage?

Edited by sportsman12, 16 August 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#2 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

Ottawa Glandorf's first scrimmage is tomorrow morning at Perrysburg, 9:00 AM.

#3 zhazlett1

All District

• Members
  • 152 posts

Member No.: 9270

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

Bryan had no troubles against Defiance and Waite... their final scrimmage is saturday against Hicksville and Genoa in Bryan

#4 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Member No.: 3612

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

PH plays at McComb tonight. Thinking about taking that in.
Follow me for scores and other sports news. www.twitter.com/kevinoberhaus

#5 Mr Bearcat

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Member No.: 3337

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

Spencerville scrimmaged Shawnee this morning. Both teams looked good, didn't really keep track of scores.
Mr B

#6 daaa browns

All District

• Members
  • 415 posts

Member No.: 9318

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

Tuesday night WT didn't give up a single touchdown with their 1st-team defense...was winning 22-0 after 1st quarter then put in the back-ups for some reps...
2015 NWC Football Pick-Em Co-Champion

#7 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

View Postdaaa browns, on 16 August 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

Tuesday night WT didn't give up a single touchdown with their 1st-team defense...was winning 22-0 after 1st quarter then put in the back-ups for some reps...
Who did they scrimmage?

#8 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

As mentioned before, Defiance lost pretty convincingly to Bryan(4-1, the 1 was a late TD). They rebounded to beat Waite 3-2. A lot of work left to be done.

Next up is Lima Senior tomorrow morning.

#9 Winstoncup

All District

• Members
  • 166 posts

Member No.: 3303

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

OG at Perrysburg.........

Perrysburg scored easily on their 1st posession. Then the starting OG defense looked pretty good. LB's Niese and Zender looked very good as they didn't miss a beat from last year. D Line got better as scrimmage went on. I liked Ebbiscotte and Recker on the line. The D-line should be OK. D backs need to come up and hit harder. Lots of broken tackles..need to get better. Overall I'll give the D-fence a B- ...but should grade higher before season I'm expecting.
The offense was non-existing for OG varsity. Did not score! Moved the ball well at times and had a few nice plays...Schroeder, Racer, and Zender carried ball well at times. Recker and Laubenthal had a nice catch each and Blevins was overthrown a few times as he did beat his man. As expected going in, the O-line needs to get a lot better. Did not give Rieman much of a chance to throw. And as fast as Schroeder is he did not find many holes to run through. Overall I'll give the offense a D-.....hey, they didn't score or move the ball much against a type of team we'll see every week in WBL .....however, it does look like they have the firepower to score a lot of points once they settle in. Lots of excellant athletes on the offense.....

Scrimmage overall....I'll give OG a C-.....But...I will say that by the time the season starts, they should be very good..I like the skill players a lot...again, it will take time to get into the groove...once they do, OG could be very good....OG will l go as the O-Line goes this year.....As good as the coaching staff is, we should see a noticable improvement at the St Henery scrimmage on Thursday.....Final thoughts...play OG early before they get it going!!!

#10 I'm Randal

All League

• Members
  • 94 posts

Member No.: 4911

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

Liberty Center beat Maumee 4-2 this morning

#11 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

PH and McComb played to a 1-1 tie for varsity. Both scores were on goaline runs and came in the game situation faze. PH had 2 picks and McComb snagged one.

PH was without starter Tobey Hernandez who is nursing an ankle. Jr. Kolpein will lead the Patriots from under center. Sophmore Pfister might surprise people at RB. He is a good size kid. Reminds me of Drew Kuesel build.

The Patriots ran a pretty vanilla offense last night. Only a couple different formations. They took snaps from under center more times last night then the last couple years combined.

On defense...work is needed. I was surprised at the lack of pressure that the PH front put on the Panthers. BUT McComb does run shotgun and has quick short passes including screens...that neutralizes most rush. The DB's were often out of position and an overthrow kept a score off the board. A couple nice plays saw the ball end up in Patriot hands. The few times that McComb tried running the ball didn't add up to many yards.

All in all it was a good scrimmage by two teams who should end up in the playoffs.

#12 the_beezer

All State

• Members
  • 696 posts

Member No.: 3358

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

Anyone hear how the Wapak scrimmage went today.

#13 Bluetiger76

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,803 posts

Member No.: 9020

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

I was not in attendance at the Liberty-Benton/Columbus Grove scrimmage Thursday night, but I understand from talking to several folks that LB did well in that matchup.

#14 hunt4em

All District

• Members
  • 256 posts

Member No.: 4444

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

LB did well or Grove looked bad??? Looked like a really small team

#15 Bluetiger76

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,803 posts

Member No.: 9020

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

View Posthunt4em, on 18 August 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

LB did well or Grove looked bad??? Looked like a really small team
Hunt, you could be absolutely correct. I have heard mixed reviews about the Grove. Again, I was not there and was just sharing commentary I had heard from several people. I guess we should know rather quickly how good LB is or isn't. They open up the first two weeks with Wynford then McComb.

Edited by Bluetiger76, 18 August 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#16 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

View PostBluetiger76, on 18 August 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

Hunt, you could be absolutely correct. I have heard mixed reviews about the Grove. Again, I was not there and was just sharing commentary I had heard from several people. I guess we should know rather quickly how good LB is or isn't. They open up the first two weeks with Wynford then McComb.
PH scrimmages Wynford at PH next Friday.

#17 kritz

All League

• Members
  • 29 posts

Member No.: 6429

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

View Postthe_beezer, on 17 August 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

Anyone hear how the Wapak scrimmage went today.
They tied with Findlay 7-7.
Findlay Flier

#18 kritz

All League

• Members
  • 29 posts

Member No.: 6429

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

Clyde beat Fremont Ross 14-0 in 2 quarters of play.
Findlay Flier

#19 daaa browns

All District

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostADog, on 16 August 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Who did they scrimmage?
Van Wert..a good first scrimmage team to get your feet wet.. Saturday nite they beat edon 70-21 in 2 and a half quarters..again not very good competition, but nonetheless very impressive

#20 daaa browns

All District

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

View Postoberhaus, on 17 August 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

PH and McComb played to a 1-1 tie for varsity. Both scores were on goaline runs and came in the game situation faze. PH had 2 picks and McComb snagged one.

PH was without starter Tobey Hernandez who is nursing an ankle. Jr. Kolpein will lead the Patriots from under center. Sophmore Pfister might surprise people at RB. He is a good size kid. Reminds me of Drew Kuesel build.

The Patriots ran a pretty vanilla offense last night. Only a couple different formations. They took snaps from under center more times last night then the last couple years combined.

On defense...work is needed. I was surprised at the lack of pressure that the PH front put on the Panthers. BUT McComb does run shotgun and has quick short passes including screens...that neutralizes most rush. The DB's were often out of position and an overthrow kept a score off the board. A couple nice plays saw the ball end up in Patriot hands. The few times that McComb tried running the ball didn't add up to many yards.

All in all it was a good scrimmage by two teams who should end up in the playoffs.
It would be nice to see if Hernandez can actually HELP his team in the playoffs this year...already has 2 wasted oppourtunities....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users