NWC '08

30 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Bulldog

All League

• Members
  • 88 posts

Member No.: 3187

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:59 AM

Who do you think will be the dominent teams this year and who willl be competeing for the title. lol obvsiously LCC...btw Congrats on last year...i went to a couple of the games and wow was i impressed lol....Just their coach was a tid bit odd...and i didn't care for his sportsmanship..

#2 *slippery*when*wet*

• Members
  • 19 posts

Member No.: 3392

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:37 PM

I'd have to agreed on both counts.
LCC is a great program, but didn't the Diglio girl recieve a pretty big injury resulting from a car crash after the season. I heard it would put her out for this season. I would like to know what the truth is to that story...

I see
-Crestview battling for the top three. They've got a pretty balanced team, but lost a great setter in the Hicks girl.
-Lincolnview looks to be the same as always, more concerned with their hair and nails than the game. wallbash.gif
-Paulding being in the bottom, but if I remember right, they've got some height coming up this year.
-Jefferson putting together a decent squad this year.
-Grove doing well.

As far as Ada,Allen East,Bluffton, and Spencerville go, I haven't seen their teams play in a few years.

#3 Mr. Bulldog

All League

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:49 PM

yea i'd agree with that

#4 CTX_1

All State

• Members
  • 584 posts

Member No.: 3186

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:15 PM

LCC
Convoy Crestview
Columbus Grove

then the rest

LCC has a nice team returning...and their coach...over the top...unprofessional at times....

#5 Mr. Bulldog

All League

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:11 PM

At times??? lol we played LCC twice and there wasn't one moment he was proffesional lol....he even got in one of our girls face between sets...

#6 dawgbone

All District

• Members
  • 288 posts

Member No.: 310

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:00 PM

The Diglio girl is back at school and hopefully will make a full recovery. She was very fortunate from what I hear, even though her injuries were very severe.

LCC will be the team to beat. They only had 2 seniors on last year's state championship team and return most of their key players. The JV team was also solid as was the freshman team. They will be good for a few years down the road.

Don't detract from the LCC girls what they have achieved because you don't like their coach. They had things going in the right direction before he came and he has taken them further forward, like him or not. They work hard and deserve everything they have gotten. I think it's a shame that his enthusiasm, taken usually in the wrong way and maybe not always displayed properly, is used by many to take away from what the girls have worked so hard to achieve. They have no control on their coach's behavior.

I also see Crestview and Grove, as usual, being at the top of the league. Bluffton is always in there, too. It will be another fun season to watch.

#7 throwback

All District

• Members
  • 171 posts

Member No.: 3281

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:03 PM

What happened to Alexis ? Good kid. Whatever it was, hope all is well .

#8 dawgbone

All District

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE(throwback @ Mar 18 2008, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What happened to Alexis ? Good kid. Whatever it was, hope all is well .

She was in a car accident while traveling with her family over Christmas break. She had some pretty severe injuries. I think she was pinned under the vehicle. Don't know a lot of details about it, but I have been told she's back at school and, thankfully, seems to be doing well.

Edited by dawgbone, 18 March 2008 - 10:21 PM.

#9 three sport man

All District

• Members
  • 204 posts

Member No.: 3531

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:36 PM

LCC would win in volley ball if they had all seniors last year and nobody else because some how they get great athletes from other schools all the time haha...funny how that works

#10 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Member No.: 1916

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE(three sport man @ Apr 6 2008, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LCC would win in volley ball if they had all seniors last year and nobody else because some how they get great athletes from other schools all the time haha...funny how that works

thats low. I don't beleive there is a single girl on the volleyball team that didn't start in the Catholic school system at 1st grade. I could be wrong tho, they might have started in the 2nd grade. We did lose a player to Ada in late summer of 07 who I beleive became a key player on there team.

As for LCC's coach. He is a great guy, really he is. He is very young and the students really like him. He's able to get on there level but he is tough with them and doesn't let them "drag", rather it's in sports or school work. He supports all the students in all sports. He expects 100% in no matter what they do and he gets it from his students. Give him a few years, I am sure his "attitude" as you guys are talking about will mature!! Any school would be lucky to have him as a teacher or coach!! I won't be surprised to see him on a college level in a few years as he gets older. Besides if you really think about it how many other coachs his age are winning on a state level? Wouldn't you forget all about your actions and let the excitement over take you? As a parent, I know I did a few times when my childs team has won a tough fought game or match.

Edited by Osu4me, 14 April 2008 - 06:07 AM.

#11 dawgbone

All District

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(three sport man @ Apr 5 2008, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your ignorance is showing. All the girls on LCC's team have been at LCC and the Lima Catholic elementary schools their whole lives. The program has been building for quite some time and the kids have worked hard to be where they are. I challenge you to name the players who have been acquired "from other schools all the time." All of next year's Seniors came from St. Charles. By my count of underclassmen, 4 are from St. Gerard's, 1 from St. Rose, and 1 from St. Charles. Your prejudice as well as your jealousy are obvious.

I think you owe LCC an apology for your accusations and I suggest you check your facts before you continue making a fool of yourself. People like you "hear" something and decide it must be true simply because you want to. You do more harm than good and LCC people are really tired of all of you. Put up or shut up. I suggest the latter.

Edited by dawgbone, 10 April 2008 - 08:30 PM.

#12 throwback

All District

• Members
  • 171 posts

Member No.: 3281

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:00 PM

LCC had two fine coaches on the bench last year. Between that and talent, easy to see how they were successful !

#13 Mr. Bulldog

All League

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:05 PM

Well i dont' know about you. Being a coach i would never ever get into the face and pump my fist in the face of an opposing player and talk trash right in her face. Thats 110% unprofessional. LCC people are tired of people like us? Well get use to it. Because thats how it will be for a very long time.

#14 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

Isn't CG in the PCL for volleyball as well?? I thought only football was the NWC for CG.

#15 dawgbone

All District

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE(Mr. Bulldog @ Apr 27 2008, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well i dont' know about you. Being a coach i would never ever get into the face and pump my fist in the face of an opposing player and talk trash right in her face. Thats 110% unprofessional. LCC people are tired of people like us? Well get use to it. Because thats how it will be for a very long time.

Mr. Bulldog...my response was in no way directed to you, nor did it need to be addressed by you. It's quite obvious that you don't like LCC's coach and you have the right to your opinion. But if you agree with "threesportman" that the volleyball team was recruited, or at least his implication of such, then your opinion is just as wrong. That's what my comment was directed toward. You can hate the coach all you want if that's your choice.

#16 zoesdaddy

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

Member No.: 3052

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(*slippery*when*wet* @ Mar 8 2008, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd have to agreed on both counts.
LCC is a great program, but didn't the Diglio girl recieve a pretty big injury resulting from a car crash after the season. I heard it would put her out for this season. I would like to know what the truth is to that story...

I see
-Crestview battling for the top three. They've got a pretty balanced team, but lost a great setter in the Hicks girl.
-Lincolnview looks to be the same as always, more concerned with their hair and nails than the game. wallbash.gif
-Paulding being in the bottom, but if I remember right, they've got some height coming up this year.
-Jefferson putting together a decent squad this year.
-Grove doing well.

As far as Ada,Allen East,Bluffton, and Spencerville go, I haven't seen their teams play in a few years.

Crestview is always tough and with LCC coming off their state championship, they will have alot to prove and have a target on their backs. I think Jefferson may be down; lol on the LV comment. (but atleast they look good)... ohmy.gif
C:\Users\dave\Documents\zsports%20QR%20Code.png

#17 zoesdaddy

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(Osu4me @ Apr 27 2008, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't CG in the PCL for volleyball as well?? I thought only football was the NWC for CG.

they are in both for vb as well

#18 zoesdaddy

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(dawgbone @ May 8 2008, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mr. Bulldog...my response was in no way directed to you, nor did it need to be addressed by you. It's quite obvious that you don't like LCC's coach and you have the right to your opinion. But if you agree with "threesportman" that the volleyball team was recruited, or at least his implication of such, then your opinion is just as wrong. That's what my comment was directed toward. You can hate the coach all you want if that's your choice.

vb seems to bring the worst out of people...lets be nice.... whistling.gif

#19 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE(zoesdaddy @ May 9 2008, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vb seems to bring the worst out of people...lets be nice.... whistling.gif

LOL who would have thought it whistling.gif

#20 dawgbone

All District

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:20 AM

"LCC is a great program, but didn't the Diglio girl recieve a pretty big injury resulting from a car crash after the season. I heard it would put her out for this season. I would like to know what the truth is to that story..."

I heard that Alexis is going to play and is working hard to make sure it happens. I guess we'll have to wait and see though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users