Courier reporting Riverdale offered BVC membership

186 replies to this topic

#1 polkhigh33

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Member No.: 5318

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

This could get interesting considering the BVC would look for a 14th school. Four schools said to be targeted.
Always a watchful eyes on those Tiffin Calvert Senecas, Marion Local Flyers, Fort Loramie Redskins , New Albany Eagles.

#2 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

This could be an awesome thing for the BVC...........a super conference of sorts

Legitimate question: Is LCC being considered as one of the 4?
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#3 effingA

All District

• Members
  • 449 posts

Member No.: 9187

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

No... see the NWC

#4 brunowball

All State

• Members
  • 815 posts

Member No.: 1297

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

just guessing

Ada
Bluffton
Calvert
Grove

?

#5 davidson33

All League

• Members
  • 76 posts

Member No.: 9230

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

It's Ada, Bluffton, Grove and Elmwood.

My money is on Ada since they were at the last expansion meeting about 6 months ago.

#6 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Member No.: 2841

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

We were just talking about the way the conferences are set up the other day and how far some MAC NWC WBL schools are from one another...maybe it's time for Ada to play closer schools than Spencerville and Paulding in the BVC?
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

#7 polkhigh33

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

It's not Elmwood, I asked. Little surprised by that. Its not Calvert either.
Always a watchful eyes on those Tiffin Calvert Senecas, Marion Local Flyers, Fort Loramie Redskins , New Albany Eagles.

#8 fightingpanther

All League

• Members
  • 76 posts

Member No.: 3326

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

Riverdale is a great addition to the league they should compete in the upper half of the league in most sports and they will help increase game attendance as their fans are very supportive and are use to long travel times that will be cut in half.

I was told the 4 teams are Ada, Carey, Elmwood and Patrick Henry.

Bluffton and Grove would have to be a packaged deal and with only one spot left I don't see either of them coming. They both would be a great fit for the conference but they also have a long storied history with the NWC.

I look for Ada to pull the string and commit. They said Riverdale was going to join their new conference for one year and then transfer to the BVC for the 2015 season. Doesn't make much sense for them to even start in the other league.

Edited by fightingpanther, 29 March 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#9 Coach_B

All District

• Members
  • 470 posts

Member No.: 968

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

No one correctly named the four schools that they are targeting. They have all been mention but not in the same post.

#10 blufftonpirates

All District

• Members
  • 248 posts

Member No.: 4996

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

View PostCoach_B, on 29 March 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

No one correctly named the four schools that they are targeting. They have all been mention but not in the same post.

Is Bluffton one of them? I would like Bluffton to make the move to cut down on the long away games...

#11 davidson33

All League

• Members
  • 76 posts

Member No.: 9230

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

View PostCoach_B, on 29 March 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

No big deal. It was a BVC AD that told me those four. If that has changed, so be it.

He made it clear it was Riverdale and Ada were the schools they wanted.

Calvert...no. For reasons I just shook my head about. LOL.

If Elmwood is not interested, so be it. Or maybe the BVC isn't interested.

No way Carey leaves the N10, and leaves Mohawk behind. Even if the BVC is talking to them.

That leaves Grove, Bluffton and Patrick Henry IMO (with Ada). First one that accepts is in (assuming Riverdale accepts).

#12 Corleone

All State

• Members
  • 614 posts

Member No.: 824

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Would Patrick Henry really be interested in leaving the NWOAL? Lots of history to leave behind.

#13 Corleone

All State

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

View Postdavidson33, on 29 March 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

Calvert...no. For reasons I just shook my head about. LOL.

I couldn't figure out why you take North Baltimore (still shaking my head over that one) but turn the cold shoulder on Calvert. And now apparently about to do it again, based on what you found out.

#14 polkhigh33

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Calvert is something everyone else in the BVC is not.

#15 Corleone

All State

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

True, but its not like your bringing in LCC or anything like that. They would have made the BVC better than NB ever will.

#16 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostTiGgEr3, on 28 March 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

We were just talking about the way the conferences are set up the other day and how far some MAC NWC WBL schools are from one another...maybe it's time for Ada to play closer schools than Spencerville and Paulding in the BVC?
I will argue the thinking that the BVC would be closer proximity to Ada again. I stated this back when Ada and a few other schools listened to what the BVC had to offer awhile back (note that I said "what the BVC had to offer" I say this because if I understand correctly it was the BVC that approached Ada and the other schools not the other way around)If Using Google maps, Ada is on average 33.72 miles and 42 minutes from their opponents in the NWC, BVC 26.48 miles and 36 minutes. Not a big enough difference to consider moving conferences due to travel time. There are 5 schools in the NWC that are 30 or more miles from Ada with 3 of these a straight shot down US 30, an easy drive. In the BVC Ada would have 6 schools at 30 or more miles with 2 of the drives would have to go thru Findlay. If the decision for Ada moving to the BVC for athletic reasons etc, ok....but if anyone decides Ada should join the BVC for logistic reasons....not smart. Oh yea, before someone says "Yea but Paulding is so far.....yep. further than Hopewell Louden by 18 miles........but only 9 minutes and again, easier drive

Edited by ADog, 29 March 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#17 brunowball

All State

• Members
  • 815 posts

Member No.: 1297

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

I wouldn't say it's not smart logistically. It's really a wash.

You also have to consider that there would be 14 teams in the BVC and only 9 (8 for football) in the NWC. So having 6 schools 30+ away isn't bad considering they probably wouldn't even play all of those on a yearly basis - in football.

They already fill a lot of non-conference games in other sports with BVC teams too.

#18 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

View Postbrunowball, on 30 March 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

I wouldn't say it's not smart logistically. It's really a wash.

You also have to consider that there would be 14 teams in the BVC and only 9 (8 for football) in the NWC. So having 6 schools 30+ away isn't bad considering they probably wouldn't even play all of those on a yearly basis - in football.

They already fill a lot of non-conference games in other sports with BVC teams too.
Ok Brunowball..I give you that...dang it..I guess it really boils down for me, it took me YEARS, to get all my favorite watering holes in the NWC towns down pat, and I hate the fact I may have to start over...... :beer:

#19 Ericles

All State

• Members
  • 508 posts

Member No.: 5556

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Riverdale makes all the sense in the world for the BVC. Enrollment, geography, overall competitiveness, good facilities, good fan following. Great fit. The question is....do they bail on their "commitment" to the Northern 10????

#20 polkhigh33

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Does it really matter? The N10 left a lot of teams in the dust. Plus, I'm not so sure Riverdale, like Bucyrus, was too thrilled the way the N10 became a league. Obviously the way things happened rubbed many the wrong way.

Like I said before, if they leave Elgin is at the door. They should have been part of the N10 in the first place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users